Stunning Infinity Pool with Ocean and Mountain Views for You to Enjoy!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:1-5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Quepos house description
Welcome to Casa oso de los perezoso (translated as 'the house of the bear sloth'). Bear Sloths are a common sight in the Manuel Antonio area and in particular in the National Park located there. They seem to take life easy and are very laid back; something we love about the lifestyle and the people of Costa Rica and something that we hope you are able to achieve while here in Costa Rica.
Oso de los Perezoso is very private and secure, sitting behind a beautiful large handcrafted wooden gate created by a local woodworker from native wood, and a privacy wall. Located on a 2 acre lot within Finca Se Ve Bien (Looking Good Farm), the Finca comprises 100 hectares with approximately 12 residences located within the Finca. Most of the remaining land area has been left as jungle and forest. Oso de los Perezoso sits atop a hill above the valley and offers spectacular unobstructed views of the mountains to the north and east and the valley below and the Pacific ocean to the west. Facing west, you will truly enjoy the beautiful sunsets each night from the outdoor patio area.
Our Casa is just over 2000 square feet of indoor living. All of this on one level - a rarity in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area!
There are 3 very generously sized, fully furnished bedrooms, designed with two separated bedroom wings to provide privacy for our guests. The master suite is located in one wing of the house with the other two bedrooms in the opposite wing. Joining the two wings is a large open concept common area that contains the comfortably furnished living and dining rooms, a sitting area and a fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook. A bar height counter made from a large single piece of native wood with bar stools, handcrafted by a local woodworker, overlooks the kitchen area enabling you and your guests to socialize while the meal is being prepared. All rooms have spectacular views of the mountains, the valley or the ocean as well as the incredible outdoor living area and infinity pool.
Each bedroom room and the common living area have their own individual air conditioner, however you will find no need for them during the day when the large patio doors of the living area and the bedrooms are opened, letting the late morning and afternoon breezes flow through the house. Each room in our Casa has ceiling fans to assist in air movement and even the elevated outdoor patio areas have fans.
While you will find the interior spacious and very comfortable the outdoor living area is spectacular.
Anchored by a one of a kind infinity edged pool, there is approximately 2000 square feet of additional space. You will thoroughly enjoy the combination of the covered, elevated patio area shading you from the sun or rain and a luxurious lower patio area of limestone (that never gets hot in the brilliant and powerful sun of Costa Rica) that surrounds the infinity edged pool. The lower level is accessed by a wide and gently declining staircase. The outdoor area is fully equipped with sun umbrellas, chaises and tables and chairs for your enjoyment as well as a new propane BBQ. The pool is constructed with beautiful, non slip, quartz tiling with gentle and wide steps to your submersed sitting bench and a one meter deep pool area that is great to lounge in or is great for the kids. The lap area of the pool is a consistent 8 feet deep and is great to swim in or do laps. You will enjoy a cooling shower after a day out and about under the newly installed stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool.
Dina, our property manager is conveniently located next door to our Casa. She is fluent in both English and Spanish. A native Costa Rican, she is very familiar with the Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas. She is also experienced in the hospitality industry.
She will communicate with you well before you arrive to assist with any requests or questions you may have. Dina will meet you on arrival and assist you in settling in and learning the fantastic features of our Casa.
She is available to assist you, both before you arrive and when you are at our Casa with your travel plans and activities. Dina's assistance comes at no cost to you as she is our concierge on site. She will be able to provide you with a wide range of information on the numerous activities in the area, make your reservations for you and ensure that they are trouble- free. She knows about all the restaurants and bars and is up to date on the best of the tour companies and what they have to offer and the costs. She will make sure your stay is a worry free and a memorable one. We encourage you to take advantage of Dina's knowledge and contacts.
Here are just some of the main features of our Casa:
- all on one level – no stairs are within the house
- handicap and disability friendly access to the house, within the house and to the pool with steps that are wide and gradual
- handicap and disability friendly master bathroom and shower
- open concept main living area with two sitting areas and a full dining room suite with built in sideboard
- Costa Rican artworks decorate many of the walls in the house
- all rooms individually air conditioned
- all rooms have ceiling fans
- three very generously sized bedrooms each with a queen bed, the third bedroom has a day bed as well
- comfortably sleeps 6 but there is room for 3 additional persons most suitably for children (one on the day bed and 2 on the available inflatable double mattress)
- newly added: new foldable crib/playpen and highchair for youngsters
- fully equipped kitchen fit for a gourmet cook with gas cooktop and prep sink, convection wall oven, dishwasher and side by side refrigerator with filtered water and ice dispenser, coffee maker and blenders for all your favorite drinks. Non breakable glasses and dinnerware are available for your use poolside.
- washer and dryer in a separate laundry/storage room just off the kitchen
- a fitness area which includes an eliptical machine, dumbbells, exercise bands, yoga mats , an exercise mat and skip rope for your enjoyment. The exterior patio area is a wonderful location for your warm up or cool down stretches.
- native wood finished 14 foot ceilings in all rooms with pot lights throughout the house, full sized lighted closets for your use with a walk through closet in the master bedroom and large windows and/or patio doors in each room that provide spectacular views of the ocean and the mountains and the pool.
- 2 spa like bathrooms tiled in marble and travertine limestone with large showers, one for the master and the other for the two guest rooms
- a half bath off the main living area for your convenience
- kitchen cabinets, wall unit, dining room sideboard and the raised kitchen island and all interior and exterior doors and all the bathroom vanities were beautifully custom crafted with native woods by a local woodworker
- 42 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the living area, DVD player and Apple TV available for use, Airport express and wireless speakers also available for use.
- 37 inch flatscreen LCD TV in the master bedroom
- a selection of DVDs for your use
- a selection of novels available for your use
- a selection of Costa Rica guide books available for your use
- wireless internet is accessible throughout the house and the outside patio area, even around the pool
- complimentary local telephone within Costa Rica
- security system and exterior security lighting
- locking entry gate off the parking area
- parking area for 2 – 3 cars
- large safe for your valuables
- excellent quality linens, bath towels and pool towels provided;
- housekeeping service is provided each Monday, Wednesday and Friday; this can be increased if desired but at an extra charge for each day in excess of the days provided. (NOTE: Sunday is not available for housekeeping service) Housekeeping does not include personal laundry service.
- Large outdoor area, much of it covered from the sun and rain
- Beautiful fully landscaped garden areas surround the house
- Fantastic pool with lounging bench, shallow area great to lounge in or for the kids and a full 8 feet deep lap pool area
- Stainless steel outdoor shower adjacent to the pool for rinsing off before and after your swim
- Manuel Antonio Beach, a short 10 - 15 minutes away was voted the Best Beach in Central America for 2013!!!!
- 1 story
- 2000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Private Chef
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
The house has limited steps that are easily navigated. The master bedroom is fully wheelchair accessible with a small step down into the large shower. The steps from the house to the pool are wide and gentle providing good access. Some assistance may be required to descend and ascend the stairs. The steps to the pool are also gentle and the submersed bench and the 1 metre deep area are perfect for lounging....moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 7-9
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- New foldable crib/playpen and highchair for young children
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Whitewater Rafting
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Pool / Spa
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
LOW SEASON #1
Aug 4 - Nov 14, 2014
3 night min stay
HIGH SEASON #1
Nov 15 - Dec 19, 2014
3 night min stay
CHRISTMAS/ NEW YEARS 2014
Dec 20 - Jan 3, 2015
5 night min stay
High Season #2
Jan 4 - Mar 28, 2015
3 night min stay
Mar 29 - Apr 5, 2015
5 night min stay
Apr 6 - Apr 26, 2015
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Taxes Included
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
25% within 14 days of signing of the rental agreement, 50% within 60 days of arrival date, remaining 25% within 30 days of arrival date.
A fully refundable security/damage deposit of $500.00 (USD) required 30 days prior to arrival to secure reservation. Security deposit may be reduced by any damage/breakage during stay. Return of the security/damage deposit will occur within 10 days of departure.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Top class surfing less than 30 minutes away
A wide variety and style for dining out
Farmers Market each Saturday and a Central Market every day
Year Purchased: 2013
About: Clyde and Scott have been together for 14 years. Both professionals, they were raised in Manitoba, Canada and now live in Southern Ontario.
Casa Oso de los Perezoso is our home; a dream realized after a number of years of contemplating purchasing a home in Costa Rica to enjoy as our vacation home and as our residence on a semi full time basis in the future. We decided two years ago that we wanted to make Costa Rica a part of our life permanently and this house is the realization of that dream. We have been to Costa Rica many times and while we have vacationed in other areas, we have always gravitated back to Manuel Antonio/ Quepos for the lifestyle it provides. Great restaurants, friendly people, safe drinking water, amazing beaches, our list could go on for ever. When we saw this property - we knew it was the one. Who couldn't fall in love with that pool?! The other requirement we wanted was a house all on one level, so that we could host any guest, regardless of their mobility needs. Most homes in this area have many steps that you have to navigate for the views. We thought that this house provided us the ocean views we wanted, the amenities we wanted to share with our friends and a great place to unwind for a few days or a few weeks. We offer it to you for your use and enjoyment as your home while you stay with us. We truly hope that you will come to appreciate the beauty and vitality of the country of Costa Rica and it's people as we do.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The amazing view from the common living areas out over the pool and beyond to the ocean - it is simply breathtaking. As soon as you arrive, you simply want to unwind and relax with your favorite libation, a good book at poolside or a refreshing dip in the pool. Scott loves to cook so the kitchen is fully set up, from gas cooktop to wall oven with all the necessary tools to make fantastic snacks and meals and a new dishwasher to make clean up a breeze. Don't want to cook inside and miss the views, BBQ on the patio overlooking the pool, the valley and the mountains where there is more than enough space to enjoy your guests as you cook those fantastic meals.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the infinity pool sunken bench, the mountains in the distance
Large limestone patio with view to Master suite
Sunning, Dining, Lounging, Yoga - the lower patio is yours to imagine
Evening at the Casa - huge patio doors, large well lit outdoor leisure areas
Mountain views to the north and east from the patio
Local artisan, hand crafted front door from native wood.
Custom bar, chairs and cabinets all made by a local craftsman from native woods
Living area for easy entertaining/ lounging. Cable TV, DVDs, books and Apple TV
Master suite, flooded with light, overlooks pool, complete with master ensuite
Spa shower in the master bath, body jets, rainhead and a great mountain view
First Guest Bedroom - easy access to patio and pool through large patio doors
Guest bath-Custom wood cabinet, sawcut marble and a step-down shower- stunning!
Handcrafted, covered main gate to our Casa
View from the living/dining/kitchen. Panoramic ocean, valley and sunset views.
Upper patio area - outside living space - a great spot for your morning coffee
Sunsets within your view 365 days of the year
Front entrance and courtyard to our Casa - private, secure and lit at night
Gourmet kitchen fully outfitted, gas cooktop and stainless steel appliances
Dining Room- custom dining room table/chairs, sideboard and local artist works
Ceiling fans throughout and all ceilings handcrafted in local woods
Master ensuite-custom built cabinet and natural stone countertop, a spa to enjoy
First Guest Bedroom overlooking the pool area. Spacious, private and comfortable
2nd Guest Bedroom, Queen and Twin bed. Custom desk in case you need to work
Half bath just off the main living area - convenient to the pool and patio areas
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, October 20, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Contact the manager or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
- Calendar last updated 10/20/2014
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.