Experience the Quintessence of Italy : History, Classic Beauty and Elegance
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lerici villa description
Villa Rigoletto, a hidden gem in Cinque Terre area. Set among a luxuriant botanic garden , it is a unique location , able to fulfill the most demanding travellers' needs.
Villa Rigoletto is situated on the most spectacular view point of the Gulf of Poets . The property is made of an ancient historical tower built towards the end of the XIII century as observation tower , able to defend locals from the Pirate Saracene's attacks . During the centuries the tower has been converted into a noble , amazing dimora , as a central body with halls , kitchen and rooms has been annexed. Lots of hystory and changements have passed during the last 800 years : world wars , secret alliances , but also great partys and art. Yes, art above all !! We don't have to forget that during the Belle Epoque time , the famous opera writer Sam Benelli has choosen Villa Rosamunda as his home .It is during these years that he has composed his most famous masterpieces ( La Cena delle Beffe , and Rosmunda ). Can't you hear the music while you are walking through the corridors ? Villa Rigoletto has purchased by the actual owners at the beginning of the 1950 , and during the 1980, thanks to the immense love that Margaret has for the botany , an amazing system of repopulation with rare plants coming from every part of the world has started . A professional plan of irrigation, love and devotion , has created the most beautiful and unique botanical gardens in Cinque Terre
A spectacular bloom of multicolor azaleas , the most beautiful and complete hydrangeas lined avenue of the all mediterranean coast ,a bunch of rare palms (that have found in the Villa's park a perfect habitat to proliferate ) and a 50 years camphor tree, are the jewels of this magical place.
In the splendid building of taste eclectic of the conservatory , guests can admire most kind of spontaneous flora of the Mediterranean bush . Among the other principal amenities of Villa Rigoletto , we have to mention a magic hidden spot close to the palms' section , where travellers looking for peace can find an hammock and a breathtaking view .When sun is too hot and cicadas' songs are too noisy , guests would find calm and draw inspiration from the tub of the lotus flower .
An elegant infinity pool , with design chairs and sunbeds and a modern gymnasium ,shows us that the property is constantly evolving. Villa Rigoletto is an out of time place , where past and present can exist together, in harmony with the surronding elements .
The property is rent on weekly basis only , gardener and a maid service ( for morning cleaning , laundry ) is included in the price . Upon request a personal chef service is also available .
With wonderful restaurants to choose from, typical village shops,tennis courts,swimming pools,a 9 hole golf course and perfectly maintained beaches, Lerici is the perfect place to start a Ligurian adventure. Also the ferries from Lerici depart hourly for the CinqueTerre,Portovenere,Tellaro and other typical villages along the coastline. The castle of Lerici also has an interesting dinosaur museum which children love to visit.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- 4 double bedrooms + 1 twin beds room
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Satellite / Cable
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Beach View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Liguria, one of Italy's smallest regions, stretches along the north western coast from France. Mountains seperate it from Piedmont to the north, while Tuscany is to the south. Genoa, the home of Christopher Columbus, is the northern most city, and Lerici the southern most. The region is famous for: Cinque Terre Clinging to the rugged Ligurian coast in Northern Italy is the CinqueTerre (five lands). Terraced hills and vineyards on the high cliffs steeply slope to the cobalt depths of thesea and the gaily colored homes dot the cliffs like jewels. This is an idyllic retreat where you can dine on the bounty of the sea, sip the wine of the region, swim, or watch the brilliant sun set over the Mediterranean Sea. Five minutes apart by train, the villages are far removed from the hustle and noise of the French Riviera and the cities of Italy. Hike the centruries old mule trails and the footpaths and climb the Romanesque stairs that wind 500 to 1,000 feet above the sea. Terraced vineyards alternate with strips of olive trees and a heady perfume of spice emanates from the woods as you traverse from village to village. Each village has its own unique character and all remain unspoiled as if suspended in time. The villages are not easily accessible by road, so cars are seldom seen. The 'milk train' that runs through the tunnels from Rome to Paris makes regular and frequent stops at each village. For a spectacular view, hop on the 'tourist boat' that ferries both locals and tourist from village to village and to major ports along the Italian Rivier Portovenere has Roman origins as can be seen in the San Pietro church. 'Portus Veneris' is found in certain historical writings as far back as 161 A.C. This amazing church is open to the public if you are up to climbing the steep and well-worn steps. There are spectacular views both inside and out. The unique and gaily painted homes along the harbor are very tall and narrow. It is said that the residents would pour olive oil on the pirates from the upper floors. The 'Grotto Byron', where poets Byron and Shelly would go for a swim, is visible but not accessible to the public. Amazing would best describe this historical site that is carved into the rugged cliffs. Lerici and Montemarcello This legendary costal area was once the home of some of the world's most famous poets: Shelly, Lawrence, Byron, and Dickens. They, as did many artists, found inspiration from the colorful hamlets,the deep blue sea and colorful gardens. Montemarcello Take a step back in time as you enter though the 15th century walls of Montemarcello. Time seems to have stopped in this medieval burg with its burnt orange and faded rose facades. The narrow walkways lead through archways into small hidden and intriguing squares. To the west of the town, are the amazing marble quarries of Carrara that appear as mountains sprinkled with snow. On the ocean side of town are the amazing vistas that open up to the Gulf of the Poet's and in the distance, Portovenere, the Isles of Palmaria and Tino. The National Park of Montemarcello is another point of interest with its botanic gardens and pathways leading through flora and fauna typical of the area. Lerici / SanTerenzo Lerici and San Terenzo are amongst the most populated villages in the Poet's Gulf. Their pink and yellow homes, typical of the Ligurian region, climb the hillside above the deep blue sea. Some of the most famous poets such as Shelly and Lawrence chose these two towns as their summer retreat. In fact, the 16th century castle above the harbor in Lerici is said to have inspired Shelly's wife, Mary Wollstonecraft, to write Frankenstein. Watch the boats come and go from the yacht harbor, dine at one of the many seaside cafes, and linger long enough to enjoy the brilliant sunset. Lawrence wrote: 'The Mediterranean is quite wonderful and when the sun sets beyond the island of Porto Venere and all of the sea is like heaving white milk with street of fire across it, and amethyst islands back away, it is too beautiful.' ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great House and nice people near Lerici and Cinque Terre
Great House and nice people near Lerici and Cinque Terre
Really nice property within 5 minutes drive of a village with sandy beaches. The property itself is a very good sized house which is of a high standard and which includes a proper separate dining kitchen. The fridge was extremely well stocked upon arrival which really made the beginning of the holiday much easier. The property has impressive views across the valley and to the sea (the beach is 2 miles away). The house manager, were extremely helpful (but never overbearing) and provided us with a helpful tour of the local town on the day after our arrival which proved useful for the remainder of our stay. The owners recommendations regarding local restuarants also proved to be helpful. In all we would thoroughly recommend this property.
- Guest fnik (Italy)
- Date of stay 04/13/13
- Review Submitted 05/06/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 15 - Jun 13, 2014
7 night min stay
Jun 14 - Sep 13, 2014
7 night min stay
Sep 14 - Oct 11, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
30% deposit at the time of booking
We will send terms and conditions before booking
- Refundable Damage Deposit: €1000
- Refundable damage dep.: €1000
- Final cleaning per week: €250
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Pisa at 90 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Livorno at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: La Spezia at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: La Spezia at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: San Terenzo at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: San Terenzo at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Cerreto laghi at 70 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Lerici at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: San Terenzo at 1 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2000
About: I am Alessia and I am the manager of Italian Riviera Villas, an Italian-based firm specialized in high quality vacation rentals in and around the CinqueTerre, the Gulf of the Poets (the Ligurian Region) and northern Tuscany. We offer a wide variety of private villas, beach properties, exquisite apartments and hillside farmhouses which are personally inspected on a regular basis. By working directly with the owners of these properties, we are able to insure quality and comfort for our guests. We are personally available for assistance before, during and after your arrival. Each property is supplied with a guidebook full of inside information, local activities, restaurant suggestions, and touring ideas. Our goal is to insure that our guests enjoy an authentic Italian vacation with the comforts of home-sweet-home.
Villa Rigoletto has the right position for a breathtaking ocean view , guests who choose this Heritage Property would enjoy a real unforgettable experience , the infinity pool , the botanic garden , the middle age tower .....
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Infinity pool , small gymansium under the pool , the Villa is set into a unique botanic garden
- Primary: +39 339 5939852 pls consider time zone , Italy is 7 hours ahead
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Infinity pool and outside view...!
Breath-taking seaview from the pool
Relaxing area in the patio
Villa Rigoletto: the tower and the amazing botanic garden
Dining in the garden
In the garden..
Bedrooms in the tower
Panoramic view of San Terenzo and the Poets' Gulf from the property
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 05, 2013
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
+39 339 5939852
pls consider time zone , Italy is 7 hours ahead
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.