Lakefront Vermont Cabins
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bomoseen cabin description
Birch Cabin: 2 Bedroom $700 per week.
Spruce Cabin: 3 Bedroom $800 per week.
Please check our website for current availability:
Our rustic three acre camp consists of three cottages, (two guest cabins) a small boathouse and an authentic Native American Tipi at the end of a dead-end dirt road. We have 200 feet of direct shoreline on Lake Bomoseen, the largest natural lake in Vermont. The lake is approximately 6 miles long by a mile wide. Crystal clear water for great swimming, water skiing, boating, and bass, trout, and bluegill fishing. Two docks, one for boats, one for swimming and a swim platform out about 30 yards from the dock to perform those belly flop dives. Each cabin comes with its own rowboat. There are kayaks, windsurfers and a sail boat available to rent. The local marina rents pontoon boats and speed boats.
The depth of the water at the shoreline is less than a foot so the little kids can paddle around. At the swim platform it’s about 12 feet deep. The water is crystal clear and rated as AA drinking water. We face west for spectacular sunsets. Up by the tipi is the fire pit where you can roast marshmallows and hot dogs.
The 2 Bedroom 'Birch' Cabin sits atop a small hill, with three flights of stairs that lead down to the lake. The 3 Bedroom 'Spruce' Cabin sits at the rear of the property with its own large yard area. Walk down to the lake and jump off the swim dock into the crystal clear water, and float around or head out for the floating platform and bask in the sun.
Early in the morning, you may see our local blue herons or the pileated woodpecker fresh out of a Walt Disney movie.
If you're more the fisherman, we've got you covered. Grab a license at the nearby bait shop and cast your line off our fishing-friendly dock. Bluegills and small and large mouth bass can be seen meandering nearby. The northern pikes and brown trout are a bit more elusive. There are three fishing contests on the lake each year. Two in the summer. One in the winter. Record lengths and poundage!!
Dockage is available for your own boat at no extra charge.. Maximum length 21 ft.
Activities abound nearby: rodeos, shopping, golf, Six Flags, Lake George, Killington, Manchester, Woodstock, hiking, mountain climbing, and great restaurants
- 500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Both cabins have a full bathroom with a shower
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Lake View:
- Water View
- Mountain View
- Beach View
- Water Tubing
- Equestrian Events
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Whitewater Rafting
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Massage Therapist
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Theme Parks
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- The cabins are located in Castleton Corners, Vermont, on Lake Bomoseen. The lake is approximately 6 miles long by 1 mile wide. The water is cystal clear and is rated AA. On the lake, there are two water sports rental facilities, Duda Water Sports and Lake Bomoseen Marina that rent all sorts of watercraft. There is also a wonderful restaurant on the lake, the Lakehouse, that you can drive your car or boat to. They have great food and outdoor seating, overlooking the lake. Live music every evening during the summer. There is also a public golf course, Prospect Bay Golf Club, right on the lake. It’s about a four minute drive from the cabins. The Club also has a small restaurant overlooking the lake. Several other golf courses are nearby. Close to the lake are two large state parks for hiking, canoeing, and camping. There is also the largest horse ranch in the state 10 minutes away, Pond Hill Ranch. They rent horses for riding (hourly or for picnic lunches, etc.) and have great professional rodeos every Saturday evening at 8PM during the summer. Something you might want to plan to do your first night at the cabins. It is a nationally known event and very fun for the kids and the adults. Rutland, Vermont’s second largest city, is only 15 minutes away. The town has lots of fine dining, a large shopping mall, movie theaters, grocery stores, and all the normal conveniences of a large town. Killington/Pico are about 30-40 minutes away. The Killington Adventure Center is a fun family resort offering alpine slides, bungee trampoline, rock climbing, mountain biking, etc. Good shopping and dining. Also nearby are Manchester (Name Brand Discount Stores) and Woodstock (40 miles). In Lake George, NY (45 minute drive) is the huge Theme Park, Great Escape. Just like Disney World. Also discount name brand shopping. And the lake is beautiful to visit. They offer tour boat excursions on the lake that are spectacular. For the golfers, there are numerous golf courses in the area. Killington’s new National, the premiere club in Vermont, is about 40 minutes away. And within that time frame there are about 6-8 other fine courses with good slope ratings. For the racehorse fans, during the month of August, Saratoga Race Track, is open. It is about a 60-minute drive to the track. And for the fisherman, there is great fishing! Right off the dock. Bass, large and smallmouth, lake/brown trout, northern pike, yellow perch, crappies, sunnies, pumpkin seeds, etc. The lake is known for its excellent fishing. There are three tournaments held on the lake each year. Just don’t catch them all. Leave some for us! A five-pound bass was caught and released right off the dock last year. Sunset Pines has 200 feet of lakeshore frontage. There are two docks: a dock exclusively for boats and another exclusively for swimming. There is also a large float swim platform out from the bathing dock. The water is crystal clear so it is great for snorkeling. The shoreline is a bit rocky so it is a good idea to bring along water slippers if you have tender feet. The property faces west so there are great sunsets. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
You won't be disappointed!
You won't be disappointed!
We stayed in the spruce cabin for a week. It was a wonderful place that is quite and peaceful. The cabin is rustic and has everything you could need for a week at the lake. Joel was great at getting us set up and very accommodating. We spent most afternoons reading books by the lake, swimming, and fishing. No luck fishing, but we need see a bald eagle a few times along the shore. At night the stars were amazing to watch from the hammocks and we had fun roasting marsh mellows over the campfire with the moon reflecting off the water. If you get tired of relaxing at the lake, there are plenty of little towns to explore and good food in the area. We also took a hike at the Bomoseen State Park and highly recommend it. We can't wait to go back to Sunset Pines!
- Guest SmokeyMountain (WV)
- Date of stay 09/01/13
- Review Submitted 09/12/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Perfect location, perfect cabin.
Perfect location, perfect cabin.
I stayed here with my daughters and couldn't been happier with the cabin. The location was perfect and close by to all the region has to offer.....miniature golf, shopping, amusement parks and much, much more. The owners were very accommodating and made our stay even nicer. The cabin came with everything that was need to make for a perfect vacation. I will probably be staying here again in the near future.
- Guest Eric T.
- Date of stay 06/09/13
- Review Submitted 06/14/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Sunset PinesGuest comment entered by owner
“What a wonderful spot! It took us back in time. How simple and relaxing. We hope to make this a yearly event. Perfect, just perfect.” “The Birch cabin is great for napping and reading, wind in the trees, water noises and smells. Heaven!” “This place is truly magical, peaceful and calm. We can’t wait to come back.” “We had a great time! The girls loved their bedrooms. We enjoyed staying around the cabin more than any of the attractions we visited.” “We played golf, caught lots of fish, swam and dove in the lake, rode horses, saw the rodeo, rowed around in the boat, watched the sunsets, roasted marshmallows at the fire pit, and had a great vacation. See you next year!” “Super time! Great weather! Great fishing! Thanks for everything. See ya’ next year!” “We really enjoyed our week here. We went to the rodeo and took day trips to Ben & Jerry’s, the Teddy Bear Factory, Lake George, and the Llama exhibit. But best of all, we enjoyed staying at the cabin, swimming and camp fires in the evenings.”
- Guest Multiple
- Date of stay 05/01/13
- Review Submitted 05/15/13
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
The Spruce Cabin is $800 per week from Memorial Day to Labor Day; $175 per night weekends during other times.
The Birch Cabin is $700 per week from Memorial Day to Labor Day; $150 per night weekends during other times.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $300
- Tax Rate 9%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Rutland Airport, Rutland Vermont at 15 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Fair Haven, Vermont at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 4 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Killingotn/Pico Ski Area at 35 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Prospect Bay Golf at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Lakehouse Restaurant at 4 Miles
Shoreline with rowboats. Tipi and fire pit in background.
The swim dock and swim platform.
Sunset from above
2 Bedroom Birch Cabin
Birch cabin dining area
Birch double bed room
3 Bedroom Spruce Cabin
Spruce living room
Spruce dining room and kitchen
Spruce Double bed room
Spruce bathroom with shower
The boat house for life jackets and fishing gear.
Swim platform and canoers.
Flame red sunset from the fire pit.
Birch cabin living and dining area
Birch cabin kitchen. At the end of the kitchen is the new bathroom with shower
Birch cabin bunk bed room
Spruce Living room
An Adirondack lamp to read by
Spruce twin bed room
Spruce Queen bed room
The bathroom wall of rulers!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 27, 2014
3 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.