Family Fun, Lake Front, Mountain Views & Still Available for Ironman
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pilot Rock cabin description
The two cabins sleep 3 to 4 each and share a modern composting toilet steps from either cabin. No kitchen facilities but a small refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker in each cabin. Each has it's own deck where you can enjoy seeing the views and sometimes watch the wild turkeys, deer, elk and even a moose that might wander through the property from time to time. There is a shared outdoor camp shower and a flat grassy area where you can pitch a tent for the kids to enjoy a night under the stars. The two bedrooms in the home are available during the Ironman Competition only with each having a double or queen size bed and a single. The bath is shared as is the kitchen, if desired. Beach access using the steps from the home to the 140' sandy beach. 8' x 40' dock where you can sit in the sun, fish or swim. Terrific hiking and biking areas adjoining the property.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Smoking Allowed:
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
- One cabin has a bunk, single on the top and double on the bottom & sleeps three. The second cabin has a bunk bed with two singles and a separate double & sleeps four. During the 2014 Ironman we are offering two bedrooms with a shared bath in our home. These bedrooms are rented during Ironman week only....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- We have many miles of trails for hiking or mountain biking. Terrific area for viewing wildlife and you never know what animal or fowl you might see as you navigate the property. Amazing views from the ridge above the cabins where you can view a large portion of the lake and the area towards down town Coeur D Alene....moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
Pool & Spa
Modern, well cared for tennis court can be reserved and used by guests. There are restrictions on the type of shoes and activities on the court. Property owners have 1st priority. Reservations a must...moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- The property is a 25 minute drive from downtown Coeur d' Alene, ID, where anything you would normally need for day to day living would be available. The drive is more than 15 minutes but less than 30. Modern movie theaters: numerous chain grocery stores; an excellent selection of restaurants from casual to fine dining available throughout Coeur d' Alene, Post Falls & Hayden Lake; boat & jet ski rentals; Silverwood Amusement Park, where the family can easily spend a fun filled day enjoying rides, food and other offerings. You can't go wrong with all of the things there are to do in the area should you want to spend time away from the lake or during any time the weather isn't favorable for outdoor activities....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Have visited the area several times over the past 20 years and was familiar with the location and property. Cabins are perfect for experiencing the area and enjoying outdoor activities. Lake is spectacular and pefect for hiking, bike riding, fishing, canoeing and kayaking. The quaint town of Coeur d' Alene is a short scenic drive away and a wonderful day out with its shops, resturants and waterfront resort. Highly recommend for a quiet, relaxing stay. Nice way to unwind and take in beautiful views.
- Guest oldmcd (Florida)
- Date of stay 05/17/13
- Review Submitted 07/19/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, pet owners, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
5 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
The two cabins are currently available for Ironman 2014 as are the two bedrooms in the home. There are several options available so you might want to discuss in more detail with the owner to see if we can accommodate your needs.
1/2 of the rental fee is due when booking and the remainder due 30 days prior to the rental start date.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Refundable security deposit of $200.00 for each cabin &/or bedroom.
Cleaning fee of $75.00 for each cabin &/or bedroom. If you have a pet you will need to discuss with owner and there will be a pet fee depending on the pet if approved.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Spokane International at 45 Miles
- Nearest Train: Spokane at 40 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: ID 95 South at 6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Shooters(bar and restaurant) Seasonal May thru Sep at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Schweitzer Mountain at 45 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Circling Raven @ Coeur D Alene Casino, Worley, ID at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Shooters(bar and restaurant) Seasonal May thru Sep at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1960
About the owner: Retired Military family owns this property and we enjoy seeing people have a good time with their families as we have been doing here at our lake place for many years. Children, grandchildren and even a great grandson now enjoy the family activities on the beach and waters of renowned Lake Coeur D Alene. Karen grew up in Spokane, Washington and Dick in St. Petersburg, FL. We met while Dick was in the Army and stationed in Hawaii. Karen is a graduate of Washington State University and Dick the University of Tampa and Wichita State University.
Why the Owner Chose Pilot Rock:
The original cabin was built by Karen's family and has been in the family since that time. The original cabin was built in 1960 and we did a total remodel and added over 800 sf to the home in 2002. Our property is over an acre in size and along with our neighbors the home owners association owns 300 wooded acres with many trails, hills and valleys that we all enjoy as we're sure you will as well during your stay. You will wonder where the day went as you settle in for the night after a full day of activities.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
A dip in the lake on a warm summer evening or a family hike together enjoying the fun of being in such a beautiful and unique place. The clear waters and shores of Lake Coeur D Alene have been bringing visitors to the area for many years and the unique town of Coeur D Alene has much to offer it's visitors and is only a 25 minute drive.
- Primary: 2086600967
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Looking down at our beach, dock and home. Turquoise roof is barn & tennis court.
Relaxing on the deck and soaking in the beauty of the lake and mountains.
Getting set for a day of fun on the lake.
View from the mountain behind our property. Just a short hike away.
Looking towards Harrison from the mountain behind the house.
Dick and Karen with Misty on our deck, which overlooks the beach.
Looking up towards the lower cabin from the wrap around deck on the house.
Upper cabin ahead and lower cabin on left.
Front of bath used by those renting the two cabins.
Waking up after spending a night on the beach.
Lawn beside the new upper cabin. A bit of finishing touches going on.
Our flag fly's every day. No reveille or retreat formations required. Just relax
Beautiful lake & mountain view, beach and dock for lots of fun in the sun.
On the deck watching a breeze causing ripples on the water.
Skiing, tubing or just taking an enjoyable boat ride & enjoying the sights.
Watching the sun set after a fun day on the lake.
Never tire of waking up to enjoy scenery like this.
Looking up at our home from the hot tub deck.
Under the apple tree looking at both the lower and upper cabins.
Walking up the path towards the upper cabin. Composting toilet on right.
On upper cabin deck looking down the path and at back of the lower cabin.
Just so you know what it looks like after an early snow fall on the beach. Swim?
Trail map of Pilot Rock courtesy of the Lovgren family.
Deer & turkey sightings almost daily. If you're lucky, maybe elk, moose or bear
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, September 28, 2013
0 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.