VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
• Large resort quality Main house on an acre, with separate Guest house (called an 'Ohana,' which means family in Hawaiian). Each of the Main house and Ohana can be rented on their own or together for larger groups. • We call the property Hale E Komo Mai, the 'welcome house'. • The calendar shows Main house bookings only. Contact us for the Ohana vacancies. • The Main house base rental rate is for 4 guests but it can accommodate up to 6 or 7 guests total. The Ohana base rate rental is for 2 people but it can accommodate up to 4 guests. Between the two buildings we can accommodate up to 11 guests: there are two king beds, one queen bed, and two queen sofa beds (with 'memory foam' mattresses). Plus there is a crib, 'pack and play,' high chair, booster seat, fold-out mattress and toys for small children. • Large covered entertaining areas (lanais) with extensive outdoor seating and dining areas for the Main house and for the Ohana. • Large, private outdoor lava rock and slate shower • Fully landscaped acre with many varieties of palms, heavenly-scented gardenia and other flowering plants, and a small orchard with orange, lemon, lime and avocado trees (in season). Located on quiet, dead end road, nestled behind private gated entry with native Ohia trees and wild orchids.
• Convenient to: o Hilo shopping, restaurants and services o Nearby Keaau and Pahoa towns for: farmer's markets, cafes and restaurants o Kalapana lava flow; Volcano National Park; Richardson Beach (whales in season) o Hot ponds; local zoo; botanical gardens o Walking/running/cycling on some 100 miles of well packed private cinder roads in the subdivision, with all main roads paved. Are you training for a run, bike race or triathlon? Lots of opportunities to train here! o Free swimming every day at Pahoa and Hilo in large community pools with life guards.
• Amenities at Main house: o Two showers, heated with propane high capacity hot water tank o Beautiful kitchen with stainless steel appliances, corian counters, custom cabinetry and bar top o Propane stove top and double oven o Large fridge with ice maker and quiet dishwasher o Lots of pantry room and wine rack o Many pots, pans, utensils, dishes and cutlery o Microwave, coffee maker and grinder, rice cooker, blender, etc. o Full size washer and dryer o NEW - added Aloha Broadband wireless internet service! o 55' flat screen TV and DVD player for streaming TV or movies (also small library of DVD movies available) o NEW - satellite TV with plenty of channels o Telephone (free long distance calls to the U.S. Mainland, Canada and all Hawaiian Islands)
• Amenities at Ohana: o Kitchenette with full size fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, hot plate, electric skillet and full set of pots, pans, dishes and cutlery o Large walk in shower and full bathroom o NEW - added Aloha Broadband wireless internet service! o Flat screen TV with DVD player for streaming TV or movies (with small library of DVD movies available) o NEW - satellite TV with plenty of channels o Telephone (free long distance calls to the U.S. Mainland, Canada and all Hawaiian Islands) o Access to propane BBQ and washer and dryer
• Rental agreement o A short term rental agreement and house rules apply to all rentals (to be provided as part of the rental process)
Are you interested in Montana? Please see our property there: http://www.vrbo.com/3628800ha
No stairs. All showers 'roll in' and hallways and doors are extra wide....moreless
5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 10-11
Main House Master Bedroom: 1 king
Has seating area, desk, walk-in closet, lux bathroom, lanai...moreless
Main House Second Bedroom: 1 queen
Double windows, quiet fan for comfort; closet...moreless
Main House 3rd bedroom/Office: 1 sleep sofa /futon
Queen size memory foam sofa bed, desk, with access to lanai...moreless
Ohana Master Bedroom: 1 king
Large bedroom with King bed, seating, and access to lanai...moreless
Ohana Living Room/2nd bedroom: 1 sleep sofa /futon
Queen size memory foam sofa bed, sitting area and TV/DVD ...moreless
Main house master bedroom is bright with windows facing the morning sun and gardens. Separate seating area, desk, and a large walk-in closet, all with luxurious wood flooring. Fully tiled master bath that has two sinks, low-profile toilet, and large walk-in shower. Other bedrooms are large with closets and three have seating areas....moreless
Master Bath: toilet, shower
Spacious luxury, with two sinks and large walk in shower ...moreless
Main House Second Bathroom: toilet, shower
Large walk in shower with window, fully tiled....moreless
Ohana Bathroom: toilet, shower
Ohana has large walk in shower, fully tiled....moreless
Outdoor Shower: outdoor shower
Lava rock shower with tile; exquisite in the afternoon sun!...moreless
Luxurious, fully tiled baths with custom cabinets in the main house. Four separate showers, all with additional wall faucets for washing feet after an active day outside...moreless
The Main house, Ohana, garage and patios (lanais) are all connected with covered walkways, allowing for outdoor enjoyment, whatever the weather. Back and side yards are fully grassed, with border flowers, trees, and plants....moreless
Main house has a 55 inch flat screen smart TV & DVD player with small movie library. Ohana has a TV & DVD for showing movies. NEW - Dish network Satellite TV available in both Main house and Ohana ...moreless
Upon request, quite a number of toys available for younger children...moreless
Small library of movies available for both the Main house and Ohana...moreless
Away From It All
Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
Mauna Kea volcano is visible from the front of the property...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
Beautiful wood dining table for 8 - 10, with view and access to large, circular rock wall garden. Living room has a second dining/games table for four. Options for eating outdoors on covered lanai....moreless
Seating for 8 people
There is a second row of upper windows that provide provide air flow, together with ceiling fans in most rooms....moreless
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
Both Main house and Ohana Jul 1 - Dec 31, 2016 2 night min stay
Rates are based on 6 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate 2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Main house Cleaning$150 + tax
Ohana only ("Standard Rate"): $70/nt; $450/wk; $1500/month (4 weeks)
Main house only: $130/nt; $890/wk; $2,900/month (4 weeks)
Both Main house and Ohana: $185/nt; $1,200/wk; $3,900/month (4 weeks)
Cleaning fee: $70-Ohana; $150-Main house; or $200 -Both Main house and Ohana
+$15 per person/night over 2 for Ohana and over 4 for Main House + tax 13.416%
Rates subject to change until confirmed.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
This new, modern and luxurious home is located in Hawaiian Paradise Park, which is a quiet, agriculturally zoned subdivision with over 100 miles of private road. The main roads are fully paved with most side roads comprised of compacted cinder, ideal for walking, running or cycling. There is about 4 miles of oceanfront with fantastic hiking on the trail abutting the ocean cliffs. Nearby towns of Pahoa (laid back) and Keaau (toward Hilo) offer many shopping amenities within a short drive; historical Hilo town and many restaurant options are only 12 miles away. A quiet country retreat yet close to amenities and conveniences. Explore the nearby hot ponds, Lava Tree State Park, Kapoho Tide Pools for fantastic snorkeling, and the scenic red road drive to the Kalapana lava area. Or, take the jaw-dropping Hamakua coastal drive, on the way to 'Kona side.'
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We fell in love with the Big Island in 2000 and built Hale E Komo Mai in 2011. Now we are building new memories with our family, friends, and especially our grandchildren. We look forward to coming back to Hawaii each year while continuing to explore this vast and beautifully diverse island.
Why the Owner Chose Keaau: We are excited to share our 'impractical dream' with you, with a relaxing home to return to after a full day of activities and exploring. You will be surrounded by lush, tropical vegetation and a peaceful neighborhood. We looked at many areas on the Big Island and chose Hawaiian Paradise Park for its acreage that provides quiet and privacy, while still being central to the ocean, trails, parks, restaurants and nearby shopping.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate: A unique and modern home designed with covered walkways that connect all three buildings. Impressive lava rock columns, circular planter with seating, and an outstanding outdoor shower were all hand shaped by a local craftsman. The home maximizes light and captures the trade winds and breezes, with sweet scents drifting indoors from the professionally landscaped gardens. The home is large, yet very comfortable for a couple or a large family. The grassed yard is great for the kids to play, to have a game of bocci ball or croquet, or to just relax on the lounge chairs while enjoying all the tropical trees, fruit trees and scented plants and flowers.