Unique Lakefront Home, Private Dock & Beach - La Angostura, Patagonia
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Villa La Angostura house description
1000 feet of lakefront beach, on the breathtaking Nahuel Huapi, a private dock and you can even take a stroll through the woods to the boathouse on the property... Whether you're looking for a romantic hideaway, a family vacation or an adventure in Patagonia, we think our home 'Huala Hue' is the dream-spot you're looking for!
Tucked away in one of the most beautiful parts of Patagonia, our house sleeps 12 comfortably and provides an ideal setting for both adventure and indulging relax!
The living room with a large fireplace has a double-height window that looks out on the gorgeous lake and mountains, as does the main suite on the ground floor with its own fireplace, walk-in closet, jacuzzi, separate shower and study (including large desk space and LED screen for movie night).
Upstairs is our guest suite with its own fireplace, lovely country decor and breathtaking views, as well as two additional double rooms that share a bathroom. The fifth bedroom is in the outhouse and sleeps 4 with its own impeccable bathroom.
The dining room seats 14 and the kitchen is fully-equipped to tend to a large group or family (like us!). If you would like to be pampered, our caretakers, Lucy and Jose, who live on the property (in a separate house), will cook for you, build the fire, even buy your groceries, or drive you into town.
Other amenities include a fully-equipped bar in the living room, as well as a game table for four with plenty of board and card games to share. Our 'mud room' is essential for tired skiers, anglers or hikers who want to unload before entering the house.
For the hardcore anglers, we have our very own vise and tools for fly-tying.
We can include DVDs, access to wifi and our invaluable homemade 'Huala Hue Handbook' with ideas and contacts for excursions, trekking, water sports, horseback riding, fishing, car service, restaurants, home massages, canopy riding and you-name-it.
- 600 m²
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Optional
- Car Available
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- The main suite is located on the ground floor, with lovely toile de jouy fabric on the walls and a kingsize bed. It is a very large room with a corner fireplace and huge window overlooking the lawn and the lake. Upstairs are 3 bedrooms, one en suite, and the other two share a bathroom. The fifth bedroom sleeps 4. It is in the outhouse with its own bathroom. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Kayak / Canoe
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Pier Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Our home, Huala Hue, sits right on Lake Nahuel Huapi, with breathtaking views of the Andes mountains and the Quetrihue Peninsula. The house itself is set back on a quiet private street in the exclusive gated community Cumelen just outside of Villa La Angostura. The surroundings are secluded and private yet also provide the convenience and security of Cumelen Country Club, with a golf course and tennis courts a short walk away. The property slopes down to our lovely sandy beach, with kayaks and lounge chairs, and our private 50-meter dock which is ideal for pier-fishing, lounging or diving into the lake. The town of Villa Langostura is 8 kms up the road and you can drive to Bariloche in exactly 1 hour. Cerro Bayo, a boutique ski resort, is only 10 minutes away, and Cerro Catedral, the largest ski resort in South America, is about an hour drive away. Whether you come in spring, summer, fall or winter, you will be close to everything you might want to do; from sailing to skiing, from kayaking to trekking. There is excellent fly-fishing a short drive away (my husband can give you all the best spots), rafting or canoeing in the Limay River, mountain-biking to the Belvedere Point, hiking the Arrayanes Forest. (In the heart of the forest is the Walt Disney Cabin where rumor has it Disney was inspired to create the setting and scenery for his Bambi screen classic.) Villa La Angostura in the north area of National Park Nahuel Huapi, is considered one of the most beautiful places in Patagonia. The 'Villa' is a small mountain village but it has several excellent restaurants, convenient access to grocery shopping and a quaint promenade with shops and boutiques. Top restaurants in the area include Las Balsas (relais chateaux) and Tinto, a top standard bistro with a very relaxed and friendly ambiance. Langostura welcomes visitors all through the year. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
|Christmas and New Year
Dec 20 - Jan 8
4 night min stay
Jan 9 - Mar 30
3 night min stay
Apr 1 - Apr 10
3 night min stay
Jul 1 - Sep 15
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
50% of fee should be paid upon reservation and 50% upon arrival.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Bariloche at 80 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Cerro Bayo Boutique Resort at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Cumelen Country Club Golf Course at 300 Metres
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We are an Argentine family of 7 who live in Buenos Aires.
Why the Owner Chose Villa La Angostura:
We had always been big fans of this part of the world, Northern Patagonia. Several years ago we came across this beautiful property and fell in love with it. In fact, it was difficult for a while to think of anything else. We had to go to many lengths to be able to buy it, but we have never regretted it since!!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The private dock on the property was just such a dream for us. It is difficult to portray its beauty in photos. We imagined setting out on kayak from this lovely wooden dock, jumping into that cool crystal water, sharing an aperitif while watching the sun set on the mountains... Another big selling point was seeing my son Pedro (who was 3 then) walking through the woods on the property collecting pinecones. He was on a big adventure in the forest, without ever actually leaving our home. What I never imagined when we bought the house was that I would one day have the sandy beach we have now. Because of the Puyehue volcano eruption several years ago, we were left with a wider and even more beautiful beach with white volcanic sand! Our teenagers love sunbathing there, or inviting friends to watch the sunset and play the guitar. In the warmer months, Huala Hue is beautiful. The view is extraordinary and even just a walk on the beach is heaven. When it is snowing, I love sitting next to the fireplace in the living room with a hot chocolate, looking at the snow fall into the lake. The place is even quite magical for me in the rain. I cant think of a bad time to go there.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Our house, Huala Hue.
Our private beach.
Our dock and boathouse.
Cozy outdoor furniture on the deck.
Lunch on the lawn.
Picnic on the lawn.
Floating on the Rio Manso.
For the hardcore anglers, a vise and a fly-tying toolset.
Relaxing on our lawn overlooking the Nahuel Huapi Lake.
Sunbathing on the beach surrounded by the Andes Mountains.
Double height ceiling in living room.
The game table seats 4 and we have lots of board and card games.
King-size bed in Master bedroom. Toile de jouy fabric on the walls.
Lunch on the lawn for a large group.
Picnic on the lawn overlooking the Nahuel Huapi.
Kayaking just outside the house. We have 2 kayaks and 1 sit-on-top 'triple'.
Our children rafting with friends on the nearby Rio Manso.
Volcanic rock floating on the lakewater at a nearby beach.
One of the upstairs suites.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013