A Place of Wonderful Views and Fond Memories
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Dingle house description
Racecourse house is a spacious detached house with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large living room with a lovely sun room off the kitchen which is used as a second living room area. The house is located within 1.5 miles of Dingle town in a very scenic area, beautiful sea views and within 5 min walk of safe sandy beach.
The house consists of living room with coal effect electric fire, large kitchen with sunroom off the side of the kitchen and utility room. We have 4 bedrooms 2 of which are ensuite. Ground floor 2 bedrooms, one with queen size bed and the other with a double bed these bedrooms are serviced by a full bathroom which has a shower over the bath. First floor has 2 bedrooms, each one with its own ensuite shower bathroom, bed 1 has a double bed and bed 2 has a bunk with double bed on the lower level and single bed on the upper level. House currently sleeps 10 (couch bed in livingroom). Cot and high chair provided. Oil fired central heating through out the house. To the side of the house (off the sun room) is a large decking area with garden furniture. To the front of the house is a large garden area. Private location with off road parking.
The living room has a 32' TV with all the Irish Channels
we have British Channels and some US news Channels.
A DVD player and selection of DVD's are provided.
In the upstairs bunk bedroom a Play Station II with games is provided.
Books, board games, CD player and CD's are left in the house for those rainy days that Ireland is famous for!
- 1800 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 9-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Water View
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Dingle is one of the most beautiful areas in Western Europe and once you come to this area it is very difficult to tear yourself away. We have had major movies made in the area - Ryan's Daughter/Far and Away - all drawn here by the spectacular views, starting in Inch as you drive into the peninsula and running all the way west around Slea Head into Dunquin, Ballyferriter and Ballydavid. The welcome you get in the Dingle Peninsula is well documented and we all do our best to make each and every visitior welcome here. My house is situated in a little village 1.5 miles east of Dingle overlooking the beautiful Dingle Bay with views out over Burnham head. We have a lovely secluded beach within 5 min walk of the house and at times our famous dolphin Fungai calls in there! I think what people most enjoy about staying in Racecourse House is the fact that we spend time having a chat with our visitors and letting them know where to go and what to do while they are staying with us. The house is located near Dingle Racecourse (horse flap races take place here once a year in early August) a much loved race festival in the Dingle area. The scenic pictures I have posted are all within walking distance of the house and many of our visitors love going for a walk to the beach or walking along the cliff top walk which has amazing views out over Dingle and beyond....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful stay in Been Bawn, Dingle
Wonderful stay in Been Bawn, Dingle
What a wonderful experience it was to spend the month of October, 2013 at this house in Been Bawn! Roomy,clean, and bright...the views of the bay and the town were stunning. Walking along the water to get to Dingle was a highlight. Frequent sightings of Fungi, the famous dolphin, rainbows, beautiful views of the harbor are just a sample of what created a gorgeous backdrop. All amenities were supplied...including a washer and dryer. And last but not least...Maura! Such a great resource and always available with answers and suggestions. Not to mention...she sends over a loaf of the best soda bread!! My friends and I had a memorable stay. I would highly recommend this rental and would go back again...in a heartbeat. :)
- Guest Elizabeth (Buffalo, New York)
- Date of stay 10/08/13
- Review Submitted 11/23/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, pet owners, people with disabilities, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
My girlfriend and I went to Ireland for a big birthday. Ireland was on her bucket list. We could not have picked a better home, a better place, or better hosts. The house is spacious and very well maintained. Everything was so nice and clean, and in good working order. The sun room is so lovely for just putting your feet up and reading. Walking to the light house and castle is a must. The sights you see take your breath away. Maura and Sean are very warm and inviting. They will help you with any question you may have. All and all it was a trip of a life time. Thanks again Maura
- Guest kay (Salisbury Missouri)
- Date of stay 05/25/13
- Review Submitted 06/07/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, adventure seekers, sightseeing.
An absolute gem!
An absolute gem!
I stayed in Racecourse house from March 9-13, 2013. It is an absolute gem and you will not find more gracious and accessible hosts. I traveled alone, getting around only by train and bus. They were nice enough to pick me up in town when I first arrived – carrying me and my groceries out to the house. The house is clean and quite comfortable. It’s cozy warm with comfortable seating and beds. I’ll never forget standing in the sun room taking in the view for the first time. Ah, I miss it already. The house is about a mile from town on foot, but even if you visit by car, do walk along the sea into Dingle at least once (and maybe catch a cab home later in the day). Dingle is a lovely town full of friendly people and walk into town is absolutely spectacular in any weather. You just stroll down to the beach, walk up the hill onto the incredible stone cliffs, pass the light house as waves crash below, step over a small stone wall, wander past the little castle on the sea, tip your hat to the cattle as you pass by them (don’t worry, they won’t bother you) and then stroll right into town. I enjoyed my time there very much. I cannot wait to visit again!
- Guest Lisa (Mukilteo Washington USA)
- Date of stay 03/09/13
- Review Submitted 04/01/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Rates - Low Season $ 850.00 Sept/Oct/Nov Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May High Season $1,350.00 June/July/August Christmas/New Year Easter Rates - Please contact the owner for small group rates/short breaks THE ABOVE GROUP AND SHORT BREAK RATES APPLY IN 'LOW SEASON ONLY'
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Kerry Airport at 40 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Cork at 100 Miles
- Nearest Train: Tralee at 30 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Been Bawn at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Dingle at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Dun an Oir Golf Course at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Dingle at 1.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1992
About the owner: This house was origionally our family home. We moved next door about five years ago as we needed extra space to accommodate a family member who is wheelchair bound. I like the fact that I can get to know my visitors as I think personal attention is very important.
Why the Owner Chose Dingle:
My husband and I have lived in Dingle all our lives and we love it here.
- Primary: +353 876323509 anytime
- Secondary: +353 669151444 anytime
- Fax: +353 669151444 anytime
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
January, 2013 proof that it does snow in Ireland!
Been Bawn Beach
Been Bawn Beach
The watch tower
Sun room (with quite a view!)
Bed 1 ground floor
Bed 3 Upstairs
Racecourse House Easter 2013
Rocky road to the strand
Cliff top walk
Bed 2 ground floor
Bed 4 Upstairs
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 25, 2013