Mill Valley Family Treasure
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Mill Valley house description
A few minutes from beautiful downtown Mill Valley full of restaurants, shopping, movies, coffee shops and bars, as well as, numerous parks, the Mill Valley Community/Recreation Center, and 20 minutes from San Francisco.
In addition to our 5 bedrooms and 4 full baths, our 2700+ sq. ft. home has a living room, dining/family room, a playroom, an upright piano, and a kids arts and crafts room (not pictured). The home was remodeled in 2004 and has a full-equipped kitchen. Outside there is a fenced-in, peaceful and private backyard with a patio featuring a teak, six-person table and umbrella and gas grill. The backyard is flat and has a big “Springfree” trampoline, grass yard, small lemon and lime trees, vegetable garden with fountain and flower garden. In the front, there is another small grass yard and a basketball hoop on the flat driveway, which also has enough room for the kids to play. We have three adult bikes, two for young teens and three for younger kids, as well as scooters.
- 2757 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 7-8
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Basketball Court
- Pier Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Our home is located in the Tamalpais Park section of Mill Valley, a quintessential Northern California town, and is centrally located to all Mill Valley has to offer. Mill Valley is located at the base of Mount Tamalpais, known for its many hiking and mountain biking trails, road biking and scenic vistas. Our home is walking distance through quiet neighborhoods to Whole Foods (two actually) and Mill Valley’s charming downtown with its many restaurants, live theatres, music venues, movie theatre, coffee houses, bookstore, brewery, boutiques, gelato shop and market. Farmers' markets are twice a week. We often access nearby hiking and mountain biking trails without the need to drive. Access to the nearby Mill Valley Community Center with a large pool with a big slide and gym is available for a small fee (http://www.cityofmillvalley.org/Index.aspx?page=168). You can also bike to Sausalito to go kayaking or head out fishing or sailing, or continue on to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. Marin County is one of the most prestigious and exclusive areas in the country. We are blessed with an abundance of open space and undeveloped land, as well as ready access to the culture of San Francisco. Our home is also 4 miles to Muir Wood’s redwood forest as well as the scenic Marin Headlands, 7 miles to the Golden Gate Bridge to San Francisco, 14 miles to central San Francisco (or take the ferry from nearby Sausalito or Larkspur), 12 miles to Stinson Beach, 30 miles to Point Reyes and 35 miles to the start of Sonoma and Napa Valley vineyards. If you’re up for a road trip, it’s 2.5 hours to Carmel and Monterey, 3 hours to Big Sur, 3.5 hours to Lake Tahoe, and 4.5 hours to Yosemite National Park. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
50% down payment, remainder due two weeks before stay. 50% damage deposit, returned after stay.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$200 cleaning fee per week.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco - SFO at 27 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Larkspur Ferry at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 101 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Stinson Beach at 12 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Mill Valley Beerworks at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe at 190 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Multiple at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: We relocated from NY to Mill Valley 4 years ago and love it here. Our family of 6 enjoys the outdoors and Mill Valley is an amazing place to take advantage of outdoor activities and San Francisco.
Why the Owner Chose Mill Valley:
Our property is located in the Tamalpais Park section of Mill Valley, a quintessential Northern California town, and is centrally located to all Mill Valley has to offer. Mill Valley is at the base of Mt. Tamalpais, known for its many hiking and mountain biking trails, road biking and scenic vistas, as well as ready access to San Francisco. We chose our home because of its excellent location.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of house with basketball hoop and flat driveway.
Kitchen equipped with double ovens and breakfast table.
Dining table with 2 leaves (not shown) sits 8-10 comfortably.
Family room with stereo, CD collection and iPod Dock.
Mater bedroom with king size bed and personal reading lights above bed.
Master bath has large tub and shower.
Bathroom adjacent to upstairs bedroom one with shower and bathtub.
Bathroom adjacent to bedroom two has a shower and bathtub.
Bedroom four down stairs with twin bed.
Private backyard with spring free trampoline.
Backyard patio with gas grill and six person teak umbrella table.
Living room with piano and wood burning fire place
Kitchen with reverse osmosis water filtration system and five burner stove top.
Family room/dining room.
Playroom attached to art room has games, toys, TV/DVD and foosball.
Master bedroom sitting area.
Upstairs bedroom one with twin bed and trundle bed.
Bedroom two downstairs has twin bed.
Bedroom three downstairs with view of backyard and garden.
Bathroom attached to bedroom three and adjacent to bedroom four.
Grassy backyard area.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 30, 2013