4 Bedroom, Pool, Ocean Views, Fruit Trees, Amazing Kitchen - Permitted!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Haiku house description
PERMIT: STPH 2013/0021
The Plantation is a lovely coral rock home, on a two acre property. The yard is planted with hundreds of palm trees, fruit trees and tropical flowers. The interior has wood floors, a gourmet kitchen, and a lovely view to the ocean. The living area opens to a large covered lanai with outdoor dining. The lanai steps down to the yard level, and a fenced 55 foot saline swimming pool.
Crafted with love and great care, the Plantation property offers an oasis for relaxation and rejuvenation in a lush tropical environment.
The spacious vacation home is faced in coral and appointed with antiques and teak furniture. Long lanais, secluded gardens and private outdoor showers compliment your island experience. The living area, dining, kitchen, and two bedrooms face out towards the large lanai and the ocean in the distance. The other two bedrooms are on the back side of the house, facing up towards Haleakala.
The master bedroom is on the west end of the house, with three walls of windows. French doors open to a deck with private outdoor shower. Lying in bed, you will look out to a massive banyan tree... a vision of peace and tranquility.
A lovely breakfast treat.... pick fruit from the many trees in the yard.
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 2 full bathrooms, 1 half bath, 2 outdoor showers
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Basketball Court
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Eco Tourism
- Plantation, a unique vacation retreat located in Upcountry Maui. A vacation in Upcountry Maui is an opportunity to escape from the hustle and bustle, and experience a different side of Maui. Set just a short way above sea level, Plantation is just over a one mile from the town center of Haiku, with a variety of amenities and services. Eating out: Haiku town center offers a variety of small restaurants and cafes. From the lunch time fish taco stand, to breakfast, lunch or dinner at Colleens, there is both variety, as well as quantity: Colleen's Veg Out Hana Hou Nuka (fabulous sushi restaurant) Lynn's Cafe For upscale dining, Mama's Fish House and Haliimaile General Store (two of Maui's best restaurants) are within ten minutes by car. If you are looking for more options, Paia or Makawao are only ten minutes by car. Groceries: Haiku town center has two small grocery stores - Haiku Grocery, and Fukushima's. Although small in size, they seem to have almost everything you might want. For major grocery shopping, Safeway and Costco are located in Kahului (approx. 20 minutes from the house). Health and Fitness: Upcountry Fitness is a small gym, offering short memberships suitable for guests on vacation. Other services include: Hair and nail salon Chiropractor Massage therapist (note: many therapists will visit the house and provide on-site services). Doctor's office Business Services: We hope that you won't be working on vacation, but if necessary, Haiku town center has a Postal Plus and a post office. (Note: Plantation also provides high speed wireless internet). Activities and Adventure: There's really no shortage! The Haiku area is close to world class surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, hiking, and biking. Be sure to visit Donnie at Go Cycling Maui. They offer the ultimate cycling tour experience, treating you like a professional cyclist (sort of like a fantasy camp for cyclists). They are also a full service bike shop with high end rentals. Haleakala Bike Company is also located in Haiku, and offer a very different service. They drive to the Haleakala park gate and provide a bike for you to cycle down at your own pace. For a quick hike, be sure to visit Twin Falls (about 10-15 minutes by car from Plantation) and hike up the stream to the waterfalls. They're a bit chilly, but there's nothing like swimming under a waterfall. If you want to soar over a gulch, the North Shore Zipline is a short five minute drive from Plantation. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Stay at Plantation House!
Great Stay at Plantation House!
We had a great stay at this wonderful home. It has a very nice layout, especially with the lanai that extends the entire rear of the house. It is very nicely furnished, private, has beautiful landscaping and a great pool that we enjoyed a lot! The property manager stopped by early in our stay to check if everything was okay and gave us a lot of good tips for things to do and told us about a great guidebook - Maui Revealed - that we found at the Friends of the Library Bookstore. The kitchen is well stocked with nice equipment. We also enjoyed the superb master bedroom with huge walk-in closet. Overall, we are very happy to have enjoyed a nice, relaxing stay at this fine house. Highly recommended. Mahalo Nui Loa! Paul and Sandy
- Guest Paul (Richmond, Virginia)
- Date of stay 10/14/13
- Review Submitted 10/27/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, adventure seekers, families with young children, age 55+.
Manager response: Aloha Paul and Sandy. Glad you enjoyed your visit. I hoped you picked some fruit while you were at the property. We'd love to have you return. MAHALO!
We loved Plantation
We loved Plantation
Everything was positive. The pictures don't do the plantation justice. The place was more beautiful than we could have imagined and comfortable. Paia is always great and the Paia fish market is really good. Laihina and Paia for shopping. We put over 700 miles on each car and everything on the island recommended is great. do you do properties on the other islands ? We are coming to Hawaii next year .Maybe May. Thanks for everything ! Mahalo Nui Loa Richard
- Guest Richard (Oklahoma City)
- Date of stay 08/26/13
- Review Submitted 09/06/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, sightseeing, adventure seekers, families with young children, age 55+.
Manager response: So glad you enjoyed your visit. That's exactly the way vacation should be. Hopefully you picked some fruit from the yard to enjoy during your stay.
Stunning and relaxing plantation home
Stunning and relaxing plantation home
A group of friends came to Maui for a friend's wedding. We wanted to stay somewhere that was not close to a lot of hotels and had some privacy and charm. This home had exactly that. It was the perfect home for our vacation. The house is absolutely beautiful with a lot of light and an enormous kitchen stocked with all you could need. Each and every room was beautiful, particularly the master bedroom with the private balcony, outdoor shower, and walk-in closet. The back porch was a great place to have morning coffee or eat meal. But the best part by far was the built in pool. We spent hours lounging around the pool under the palm trees. This is a spectacular home and it was a short drive to many of the places we wanted to go. I can't wait to come back!
- Guest Corey (Portland Oregon)
- Date of stay 04/20/13
- Review Submitted 05/06/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, tourists without a car, families with young children, age 55+.
Manager response: Aloha Corey. We're delighted you enjoyed your visit, and we'd love to have you return. MAHALO NUI LOA!
$495 per night $300 out cleaning fee 13.42% lodging tax 7 night minimum stay
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Kahului OGG Airport at 13 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Hookipa at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Colleens at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
We LOVE Haiku. After many years of vacationing in Haiku, we purchased land to build our dream home. We have two young children, and the home was designed to be child friendly. We love the rural environment, picking fruit from our trees for breakfast each morning, playing in the pool with the kids. We are happy to share our home with you.
- Primary: (808) 575-9228 (Hawaii, USA)
Links to more information:
WELCOME TO PLANTATION!
The pool is set below the house.
Plantation is surrounded by tropical flowers
Flat screen TV in the living room.
Gorgeous wood floors
Why eat indoors?
Master bath with claw foot tub with shower.
Bathroom #2 with shower
Two outdoor showers - one off of master, and one at opposite end of the lanai.
You could be in this pool!!
Stairs from the upper lanai down to the pool
Lots of space to run and play.
Great room is surrounded by windows with views to the tropical grounds and ocean
Dining with views to the property and ocean.
Breakfast on the lanai
Master bedroom with king bed
Bedroom #3 with queen bed
Bedroom #4 - two twin beds
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 10, 2013