Cool Loft in Historic Gastown, Views, Pet-Friendly
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Gastown condo description
This 600 sq ft loft has a 15 ft. height ceiling and wall of windows looking out on the port of Vancouver with the exquisite North Shore mountains as the backdrop. Recently renovated with upscale appliances, a breakfast bar, and gas fireplace, it is a comfortable, cozy environment in which to relax and prepare to enjoy the adventures that begin at your doorstep in historic Gastown. There is a washer and dryer in the suite, and a refurbished antique upright piano which you are welcome to enjoy. There is wifi and a flat-screen tv. The sleeping area is on the mezzanine and allows for enjoyment of the beautiful view without ever leaving your queen-sized bed. A skylight in the upper loft brings light to every corner. There is a balcony, which is large enough for two to sit and enjoy the morning sun. The loft is most suitable for a couple. There is one bathroom with a tub and shower, also recently renovated with upscale fixtures. This is a pet-friendly building. Underground security parking for one car is also available.
- On floor 5
- 600 sq. ft.
- 5 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Small but stylish bathroom with tub/shower, toilet and sink.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Water View
- Car Not Necessary
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Roller Blading
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Gastown is Vancouver's oldest neighbourhood, and is now the centre of the urban revolution. Gastown was established the same year that Canada became a nation, and was designated a National Historic Site in 2009. It is one of Vancouver's most hip and distinctive shopping and lifestyle neighbourhoods with over 180 shops, restaurants, bars, cafes and clubs. It is a hub for creative talent, with extraordinary interior design stores and historic buildings refurbished in innovative and exciting ways. Chinatown is just blocks away and new clubs and restaurants are sprouting in that area as well. The Skytrain network gives you the opportunity to explore much of the Lower Mainland without needing a car. The route from the airport brings you within blocks of the loft, and the Seabus can take you across the water to the North Shore Mountains. There are designated biking paths throughout much of downtown, and you can easily explore all that Vancouver has to offer, including miles of waterfront and the glories of Stanley Park. There are a variety of opportunities to enjoy both theatrical presentations at small and large venues within walking distance. There are also a number of free street entertainment opportunities in the summer, including the Vancouver Jazz Festival and the Gastown. if you want to know more, go to www.gastown.org for a full description of the neighbourhood. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 16 - Jan 3, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Half of rental fee needed to hold reservation, balance due prior to arrival.
- Cleaning: C$100
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$500
- Taxes Included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Vancouver International Airport at 17 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Blarney Stone at 60 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Grouse, Seymour, Cypress Bowl at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: L'Abbatoir, Peckinpah, Six Acres, Sardine Can, etc at 200 Metres
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: I moved to Vancouver from Los Angeles in 1995 to attend graduate school, and I never left. I am a psychologist working at Vancouver General Hospital. I have always loved the Gastown area and I currently live in another loft just across the street!
Why the Owner Chose Gastown:
I first purchased this loft as an investment as the property values in Gastown were increasing rapidly with all of the new and exciting developments in the area. When I sold my home last year I purchased a larger loft just across the street, and decided to share my smaller loft with visitors to Vancouver.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
I love that the loft is on the top floor of the building, and has a gas fireplace and a skylight. The view is fantastic, and I love the open feeling of double-height windows. The building is solidly-built and the walls between units are virtually soundproof. Being steps away from so many amazing restaurants and nightspots means that you never run out of things to do, and never have to worry about driving.
- Primary: (604) 831-4444 (British Columbia, Canada)
- Secondary: 604-685-5961 (British Columbia, Canada)
Links to more information:
Newly renovated bathroom
tub and shower
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013