Hilo Home Away from Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hilo house description
Great for your family or your company's Retreat/meeting. This lovely 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom Hilo home will pleasantly surprise you. Its beautiful 8 ft Teak dining table greets you upon entering this lovingly refinished plantation home. Perfect for dinners or meetings. Large kitchen with microwave, full range and refrigerator and mahogany counter tops. It is equipped down to the spices, dinnerware and cutlery. The adjoining living area has a 42 inch TV, free wifi, Cable TV, and DVD player. Master Bedroom and 2nd and 3rd bedrooms all have new queen size beds with linens and towels provided. Laundry facilities available on premises. Besides being located in a quiet neighborhood, the lower floor of this 2 story home is a separate living space and therefore we require our guests to be considerate of our neighbors after hours. Off street parking. There are also fruit trees and vegetables on large property.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 2 full bathrooms with showers. Beautiful tiled bathrooms.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer:
- This vacation rental is really a home away from home, easy to relax and with the freedom to cook and prepare meals on site or pop down the road to wonderful restrauants less than mile away. Staying in the township avoids the traffic trailing into town each day. Many local attractions are right there in Hilo. Each stay requires a cleaning fee of $125. This is to cover cleaning upon guests departure. Guests are responsible for daily upkeep and day to day cleaning of home during their stay. If they want cleaning during their stay please talk to owner or host and negotiate an additional agreement....moreless
Pool & Spa
- Lawn / Garden:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- Pier Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Quiet residential area right in Hilo. Ten minute walk to Rainbow Falls. Mountain and ocean peek-a-boo views, 3 minute drive down to Historic downtown Hilo and its restored Palace theatre, where both live performances and quality movies are shown. Enjoy wonderful food in a variety of restaurants. Visit the Library, Richardson's Beach, Hilo Farmers Market, Maritime museum, Tsunami museum, Lyman museum, and beautiful Liliuokalani gardens fronting the Bay. Minutes from University of Hawaii-Hilo and Imiloa Observatory. National park is just 30 minutes away. Surf beach 4 miles north of Hilo. Snorkeling and swimming at popular Richardson's beach right here in Hilo. There are also numerous tidal pools and ponds encircled in black lava rock....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful Hilo Vacation
Wonderful Hilo Vacation
This lovely 3 bedroom home is close to town and waterfalls. There is an ocean view from the front porch and it was fairly close to Volcano National Park, Mona Kea and the beach. It is in a quiet neighborhood with just few dogs barking (no chickens that I heard) and you can hear the the forest noises like crickets and frogs-loved it. It met all our needs (comfortable beds and pillows and nice towels) and we would love to stay at this home again in the future. Note, the caretaker does live downstairs, so there is a bit of noise that carries thru the open windows but that was fine and she was a very helpful hostess.
- Guest Laurie C.
- Date of stay 06/15/13
- Review Submitted 06/23/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing, age 55+.
This was a very comfortable house to vacation in. It had everything we needed. It was very close to town, the location was ideal. The neighborhood was quiet. Susan and Bobbye were very helpful in setting everything up. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in Hilo.
- Guest Leslie H.
- Date of stay 05/18/13
- Review Submitted 05/30/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, families with young children, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you so much. I am so glad our home met your needs, and I do hope to see you again next time you visit Hilo.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|MERRIE MONARCH FESTIVAL
Apr 24 - Apr 26, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Each stay requires a cleaning fee of $125. This is to cover cleaning upon guests departure. Guests are responsible for daily upkeep and day to day cleaning of home during their stay. If they want cleaning during their stay please talk to owner or host and negotiate an additional agreement.
- Cleaning Fee: $125 + tax
- Tax Rate 13.412%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Fond memories of Hilo keep bringing us back! When the opportunity came to purchase this property, we decided in about 30 seconds! We love coming here and want to share this home with others to enjoy when we can't be here.
Why the Owner Chose Hilo:
We love Hilo and this quiet neigborhood and the neighbors, people, music, food and caring spirit of Aloha!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This beautifully refinished old plantation home's front porch offers ocean views and the warm breezes that circulate throughout the home. Lovely varnished hard wood floors throughout and nice color schemes in bedrooms offer a variety of moods.
- Primary: (503) 358-3613
- Secondary: +1 (503) 830-1199
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The upper floor of this lovingly restored Plantation Home is open for you.
Beautiful 8 foot solid teak dining table and comfortable chairs
Anthurium flowers thrive in backyard under Lychee fruit tree.
Large, airy, second guest bedroom in cool colors
Back yard naturally terraced by old lava flow:Now home to lychee and fruit tree
The view of Mauna Kea and Hilo Bay from Japanese-style Lililuokalani gardens
Large dining area and kitchen affords ease in entertaining
Lots of counter space in this full size kitchen
Lounging area which adjoins the dining area. Great for entertaining.
Master bedroom with private full bath
Third bedroom with Queen size bed.
Upper level of this refinished Plantation Home is 3 bd/2ba vacation rental
Fabulous view of Mauna Kea peering above the clouds in Hilo
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, October 28, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!