Your Own Luxury Resort - a Scottish Castle in Bedford
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Halifax house description
Truly outstanding estate property located in prestigious Old Bedford neighborhood.
This home exudes craftsmanship and care, and features a wonderful stonework facade and entrance stairway on a manicured property with 3/4 acre of trees.
There is a lovely in ground pool surrounded by a wrought iron fence, with a pool house featuring a bar and bathoom with shower.
The main house is outstanding in every way. It features 10 foot ceilings on the main floor, with a grand entrance foyer and a vaulted ceiling to the second level.
There is a large, comfortable living room with a fireplace and lovely windows. The dining room sits 8 comfortably, and features a wonderful chandelier.
The kitchen has every thing you need and more, including a microwave, gas stove, oven, steam oven, dishwasher, and fridge with freezer set amongst black granite countertops, with a view to the back yard grounds and pool and deck. The family room has a 48' flatscreen TV and a high end stereo, with a cozy fireplace and comfy chairs and couch.
There is a main floor office which features an beautiful 19th century table desk and leather chairs to curl up in and read a book.
There is a main floor laundry room and adjacent powder room.
The back kitchen door leads to a large deck featuring a hot tub and a trickling brook water feature.
The upper floor features four bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Comfortable sleeping quarters abound. The master bedroom features a back deck and ensuite with a glass enclosed shower, jacuzzi tub, and large walk-in closet. The three guest bedrooms all feature queen size beds, and lovely windows from which to enjoy the breeze and view.
There are wood, marble, and ceramic floors throughout the house, as well as high speed wi-fi.
This home is beyond compare. It will provide the perfect setting for a memorable and enjoyable stay in the Halifax area.
- 4000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- This luxury property is located on a prestigious street on the Bedford Basin, in Bedford, Nova Scotia. Bedford is an upscale community that features a mix of shopping and dining options including Pete's Frootique Grocery Market and Sunnyside Mall featuring numerous upscale retailers. There are parks featuring walking and running paths which pass by waterways and wind through trees. Bedford is strategically located 20 minutes away from the Halifax International airport, and its proximity to Highway 102 makes it a good hub for day trips to the Annapolis Valley, and the South Shore. Bedford is located 20 minutes from downtown Halifax, and provides a comfortable home base for daytime and evening trips into the downtown area of the city. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: C$89
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$800
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Stanfield International Airport - Halifax at 15 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Halifax-Dartmouth Harbour Ferry at 10 Miles
- Nearest Train: Halifax VIA Station at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 102 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Crystal Crescent Beach - Halifax at 25 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Finbar's at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Ski Martock at 40 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Glen Arbour at 10 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Cellar Restaurant at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1993
About the owner: I'm a business owner with four wonderful grown up children, and have now decided to spend some time traveling the world.
Why the Owner Chose Halifax:
This property is our family estate. I built it with my father in 1993. It is very special, and I want to share it with the world, as I go forth and visit special places.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
It's a quiet sanctuary within the city. There are wonderful views of the stars and sky through the back yard trees. There is a beautiful oak tree next to the house back deck. The pool is wonderful. The fireplaces are cozy. There is a lot of love in this home.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
In ground Pool
Formal Dining Room
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, September 12, 2013
4 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.