Heron Watch - Quintessential Oceanfront Home at the Head of a Cove
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Heron Watch is a gorgeous privately situated oceanfront home positioned at the head of a tidal cove featuring expansive views over the cove that opens into Southwest Harbor connecting the Eggemoggin Reach. Featuring over 2.6 acres, including well-manicured lawns surrounded by woods to explore, the ranch style home has two bedrooms, three-season room with large sliding windows as well as an outside deck overlooking the cove. Bring your own kayaks and launch from the privacy and comfort of the backyard, complete with a kayak launch post. The full basement is available for gear storage.
Binoculars are provided to view resident blue heron, bald eagles, fish and the occasional seal that swims into the cove. The large living room as well as the large open eat-in kitchen, offer lovely views of the cove – great for viewing wildlife, sunrises and spectacular sunsets.
Experience the tranquil serenity of a quaint authentic Maine fishing village known for it's fresh seafood and New England charm complete with amazing ocean views. Deer Isle and nearby Stonington, Maine is home to working lobstermen, fishermen, restaurants, fine art galleries, antique shops and coastal charm. Known for it's granite heritage, Deer Isle is an island connected to the mainland by a bridge so you can easily take day trips to Bar Harbor, Northeast Harbor, Camden and beyond. Stonington is home to artists, photographers, kayakers, hikers, birders, nature enthusiasts, antique hunters and lovers of fine fresh seafood and cuisine.
Commercial high speed Internet (wireless or Ethernet) will keep you connected to friends and associates.
Enjoy the Famers Market and harbor activities. The post office, bank, grocery stores as well as lsle au Haut ferry are a short drive from our location.
Island Heritage Trust has many hiking trails including Barred Island, Scotts Landing and more on the island. The Lily Pond is enjoyed by many and is an healthy walk from our home. Sand Beach is a short drive for sun and fun where you'll encounter artists painting and sketching. World renown Haystack Mountain School of Crafts is located on the island. Julia Child as well as many writers, artists, musicians and a famous singer-songwriter have called the island their home.
Nearby Stonington with quaint shops, galleries, ice cream, movies, features numerous boating activities for all ages to enjoy year round.
Keywords: Stonington Maine Rental, Maine Island Home, Vacation Rental, Excellent in-town location close to Boating, Kayaking, Birding, Shopping, Fishing and Dining. Maine Island is Photographers Paradise and Artist's Retreat
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathrooms
- Full bath with tub/shower combination
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Adirondack chairs, Close to Stonington pier for boating, kayaking and fishing activities, close to Stonington Opera House for movies and live performances, Farmers Market is nearby, Sand Beach is a short drive from the property, Mail boat to Isle au Haut/Acadia National Park is a short drive....moreless
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Freshwater Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Nearby Amenities: Island County Club is open to the public and has a nine hole course and three clay courts, One of Maine's Best Farmers' Markets - viewed from home, The Seasons Wine Shop and Gourmet Restaurant, Island Community Center- indoor basketball, billiards, weekly activities and Camp Kooky for kids, Community Playground with new toddler section, Community Basketball court and baseball diamond, Stonington Opera House listed on the National Register of Historic Places has movies, dance and live theater- www.operahousearts.org, Art galleries and studio walks, World renown Haystack Mountain School of Arts and Crafts, Annual Lupine Festival, 4th of July on the Pier, Lobster Boat Races, Fisherman's Day, and Steel Drum concerts, Nature Preserves, Nervous Nellies Jams and Jellies retail store and Peter Berits sculptures and walks, Isalos Fine Art, Jill Hoy Gallery, g Watson Gallery, Island Heritage Trust has numerous public trails and areas to enjoy including Barred Island and Scotts Landing....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
|May + June
May 1 - Jun 28
7 night min stay
|July + August
Jul 1 - Aug 31
7 night min stay
|September + October
Sep 7 - Oct 19
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Weekly Rental $1600.00 per week plus $100.00 cleaning Fee
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Cleaning Fee: $100
- Tax Rate 7%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
- Nearest Beach: Sand Beach at 4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Factory Tavern at 4 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Island Country Club at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Harbor Cafe at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
Why the Owner Chose Stonington:
Deer Isle and Stonington remind me of my childhood growing up on the coast of Maine in Spruce Head near Rockland. We spent three years searching for a home that was close to all of the amenities the island has to offer. Our desire is to share it with others who visit the island.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Located at the head of a tidal cove with the ocean as your backyard and playground, one can launch kayaks, go hiking, birdwatching or relax and get away from it all. This location is private set on 2.6 acres set back from the road. Heron Watch is an excellent location close Main Street in Stonington and is a perfect spot to launch many island activities. The home is great for couples and families with an active lifestyle or for those who wish to slow down and get away from it all.
- Primary: (207) 348-1200 (Maine, USA)
- Secondary: 330-519-3566
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, May 21, 2013