Galena Country Cottage! Updated Home, Wifi, New Kitchen!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Looking for a little piece of country? Our ranch home is located in The Galena Territory. Step into quiet life in Galena for the perfect weekend getaway!
Whether you are planning to visit Galena on a romantic retreat for two, for a couples getaway, with girlfriends for a wine tasting weekend, with the guys for a golf weekend, as a reunion with another family, or just bringing the kids out for the weekend, our home will easily accommodate your stay.
Our home sleeps 10 easily, with convertible couches/beds to accommodate more if needed. The four bedrooms each have a television, plenty of closet space and are designed with comfort in mind. Bedroom linens are provided.
Four full bathrooms are clean and provide plenty of privacy for all guests. Bathroom linens are provided.
Our home is equipped in technology and gadgets. We have dedicated WiFi - log in once and you will be set for the entire stay! We have large flat screen televisions mounted in the main floor and basement living areas. Even more, the main floor TV has Netflix and Pandora access. Sit back, relax and catch up on movies, TV and listen to music. In the basement, the community TV also has an Xbox system installed. Bring your favorite games, play one of ours, or rent them from a nearby RedBox.
For additional entertainment, we have board games, card games, puzzles, air hockey table and dart board. Plenty of fun, no matter your age!
If you prefer to cook during your visit, our kitchen will delight you. With recently upgraded amenities, and a recent appliance update in March 2013, you will love cooking here!
During warmer weather, grill a meal outside and enjoy our deck, screened porch and lower patio.
- 2100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Two bedrooms on main floor, two on basement level.
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
- Two bathrooms on main level, two in basement level.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
Our house is equipped with TVs! Each bedroom has a TV, and the two living areas have large flat screens mounted on the wall. Main floor TV has Netflix and Pandora. Basement TV has Xbox system....moreless
- Music Library:
- Game Room:
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Indoor Pool
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Galena has something to offer for everyone. Shopping, golfing, hiking, bicycling, fishing, skiing, sledding, leisure boating, horseback riding, and animal watching are popular among visitors. For the photography enthusiast, there is no better canvas to capture. History buffs will love how Galena takes you back in time. Or see a birds-eye view of Galena from a hot air balloon, another favorite tourist activity. The hills of Galena are the perfect challenge for bicyclists. Every year, athletes flock to Jo Daviess County for 5Ks, 10ks, half marathons, duathlons and triathlons. The Owner's Club has a state of the art workout room, indoor and outdoor pool and indoor basketball court. Tennis and basketball courts are located throughout the Territory for additional outside sports enjoyment. Ask us for preferred routes for various length runs and cycle rides that would leave from our home - we would be happy to share them with you. Galena loves to celebrate! Mardi Gras, Wine Lovers' Weekend, President Grant's Birthday, Girlfriend Getaway, Galena Country Fair, and Nouveau Weekend are all theme weekends. If you like parades, Galena is the place to be! St. Patrick's Day, Independence Day and Halloween are all holidays worthy of this red carpet treatment. And of course Christmas is when Galena truly sparkles and shines. Nothing is more perfect. Which festive weekend will bring you to Galena? We all have to eat, and Galena offers some pretty amazing options! While we do enjoy cooking at home, we always enjoy a visit to a local eatery. This quaint, small town has a variety of dining choices. Above all, we love sharing everything that Galena has with our kids. History, beauty, fun and most of all, family memories. We hope that you can share what you love most about Galena with someone soon!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Nice House & Amenities!
Nice House & Amenities!
We stayed for a long weekend with 6 people (ranging in age from 10 to 76). The house had plenty of room - there was a comfortable bed, a TV and even a full bathroom for everyone. Kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed (cookie sheets, pots, pans, etc...). We stayed in one night, cooked steaks on the grill and watched the Hawks playoff game. The nearby walking trails were great for long walks with the dog - very peaceful. The kids loved that the free Wi-fi and XBox. The Owners' Club (which you have access to as a guest) has nice pools, a game room and a workout room. Paisanos, in the nearby Eagle Ridge Lodge, has good carry out pizza if you don't feel like cooking or heading into town. The Alpine Slide at Chestnut Mountain is also fantastic. The house was clean and comfortable and the owners were a pleasure to deal with. We would definitely stay here again if we get the chance.
- Guest MCH
- Date of stay 06/07/13
- Review Submitted 06/14/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, pet owners, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Great getaway house
Great getaway house
We stayed in this property the beginning of January and loved it! We were there with another family, including a total of 5 kids and 4 adults, and we were very comfortable. This house is in a good location on a quite cul de sac in the Galena Territory community. There were many amenities within the community we were able to enjoy. We all went sled riding, but there was plenty more to do like cross country skiing, and ice skating. We cooked dinner in 1 evening, and the kitchen was great to use and had everything we needed for dinner and for breakfast as well. We also enjoyed lunch and shopping in downtown. This house is exactly like what you see in the pictures. It is very clean, and well maintained. There is plenty of space for 2 families to stay. The kids enjoyed the xbox and games! The owner was friendly, accomodating and easy to work with to book the house. We enjoyed our stay here, and we would definitely stay there again. I would recommend this property for a relaxing getaway trip to Galena.
- Guest klynn
- Date of stay 01/03/13
- Review Submitted 03/13/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$25 Pet fee if applicable and pet approved
$100 Cleaning fee
Damage Deposit Required
**Holidays: 3 Day Minimum Rental at Holiday Rates***
~~visit our website at www.galenacountrycottage.com~~
- Pet Fee: $25
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- Cleaning Fee: $100
- Tax Rate 11%
If you have any questions please contact the owner.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We live in the Chicago suburbs and have enjoyed visiting Galena for many years. We came for our first anniversary when it was just the two of us, and now we bring our kids. We think Galena is a very special place.
Why the Owner Chose Galena:
We have looked property in Galena for years, looking at lots of townhouses and single family homes. It has always been a 'dream' of ours to have our own place in this beautiful community. When we first visited this home, we were able to picture us here. Our kids loved having plenty of space to do 'their' thing, we love the layout and ability to cater to group getaways. This home has been in the Eagle Ridge rental program for years. We are embarking on an exciting world of renting it ourselves, and we are excited to share it with you!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Although our home has been in a rental program for years and has been adequately equipped to rent out, our goal is for our renters to be comfortable here, to be 'wowed'. As new homeowners, we are making changes to 'wow' you. We have upgraded televisions throughout the house, mounting most of them, connecting them to services like Netflix and Pandora. We like to be connected and have set up a dedicated WiFi service - that works all the time! Our kitchen has been upgraded (with more to come!) and the bed coverings have been improved. We have stayed in enough rental homes to know what makes for a comfortable, memorable stay. We hope that you come stay at our 'getaway in the Galena' to relax and make some memories!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome! Front view of house, with a cozy seating area and entrance.
Great room includes dining seating for 8, big screen tv, and updated kitchen!
Great room and kitchen. It's a very open space!
Games and fun for everyone!
Master bath, main level.
Bedroom #3 - basement level with attached full bathroom.
Basement full bath
Basement living area
Patio seating on ground level.
Deck, table and grill.
Screened porch overlooking the creek and woods.
Family room on main floor with nearby dining area, doors to deck and porch.
Our home is inviting and peaceful.
Kitchen - with updated appliances as of 3/2013!
Master bedroom, main level. Queen bed.
Bedroom #2, main level. 2 Queen beds.
Basement #4, basement level
Basement living area
Basement living area
View of back of house. Screened porch above, patio below. Deck is beyond porch.
Deck seating looking into screened in porch.
View of back of house.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, June 17, 2013