Luxury Hilltop Villa with Breathtaking Ocean Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
East End villa description
• 3 bedrooms (king bed in master, king bed in second bedroom; queen bed in third bedroom)
• 3 full bathrooms
• Fully equipped gourmet kitchen (owner is a food journalist and former cookware reviewer)
• 2 grills: three-burner gas grill with two propane tanks + a standard Weber charcoal grill (real grilling fanatics use both)
• Beautiful swimming pool with built-in ledge/bench (saltwater, not chlorinated), serviced weekly
• 3 spacious decks
• Ocean views on all sides
• Beautifully landscaped yard with tropical plantings, serviced weekly
• Karaoke machine, with two microphones and plenty of song selections!
• Circular concrete driveway
• 1-mile up the hill from the beach (= terrific breezes, even in summer)
• Central air conditioning in bedrooms, two window units in living room
• Ceiling fans in bedrooms
• Washer and dryer
• Free Wi-Fi, works throughout the house
• 2 two-person pedaled kayaks
• 5 miles from downtown Christiansted
• Living room TV with cable channels, DVR, and DVD player; iPod dock with speakers
- 2400 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 3-6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Grill:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Pier Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Deepsea Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Duty Free Shops
- Botanical Garden
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- We picked St. Croix for its clear, light blue water and white sand. Over the last year and a half, we've become immersed in the island's sophisticated food scene, including the purveyors of terrific local produce and seafood. Farmers markets galore. Cooks will love this place. Our house is 1 mile up the hill from the beach, in the exclusive neighborhood of Cotton Valley. St. Croix is more relaxed and community-driven than its neighboring St. Thomas (home of the cruise ship stops) and St. John (more upscale in some ways, but all concentrated in one town). The more we come down here, the more we liken St. Thomas to Jamaica; St. John to...maybe, parts of Martha's Vineyard. St. Croix reminds us in many ways of Bermuda (but with warmer weather), in its civility, relaxed vibe, and generally unfraught dynamics between tourists and locals....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Nov 15 - Apr 30
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
50% of rental fee due at time of booking; balance due 15 days prior to check-in date. All cancellations and any request for changes to your reservation (such as date changes or changes in the number of persons) must be made in writing. Cancellations made less than 31 days prior to arrival are subject to a 50% penalty. Cancellations made less than 14 days are subject to a 75% penalty.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$250 security deposit, due 15 days prior to check-in. (Will be refunded 15 days after check-out.)
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (STX) at 15 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Carden Beach at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Blue Water Terrace at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: The Buccaneer at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Duggan's Reef at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We live in Boston much of the year but keep a beautiful vacation home in St. Croix, in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Why the Owner Chose East End:
After renting villas throughout the Caribbean and Mexico, we finally decided to buy one of our own. We picked St. Croix for its clear, light blue water and white sand. Over the last year and a half, we've become immersed in the island's sophisticated food scene, including the purveyors of terrific local produce and seafood. Farmers markets galore. Cooks will love this place. St. Croix is more relaxed and community-driven than its neighboring St. Thomas (home of the cruise ship stops) and St. John (more upscale in some ways, but all concentrated in one town).
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the living room: north coast.
The pool is built to meld organically with the outdoor living space.
The landscaped, wraparound yard features tropical plantings (serviced weekly).
Master bathroom includes an open shower with two separate nozzles.
Bedroom 2, detail. (Note: previous picture is a little dated; spruced up since.)
Bedroom 2 bathroom, detail.
Bedroom 3, with ensuite bathroom.
Living room, and views of the back deck and north coast.
Cooks will find everything they need.
Washer and dryer in the utility room, just off kitchen.
View from the back deck.
Private pool hangs over the mountainside, giving it an Infinity-like feel.
An al fresco table (seats 6) overlooks the pool, ocean, and mountains.
The master bedroom, with a private balcony and soaring ceiling.
Bedroom 2, w/separate entrance and large private deck, makes a good 2nd master.
Bedroom 2 bathroom.
Bedroom 3, with double doors leading out to pool.
Bedroom 3 bathroom, detail.
View of the kitchen from the living room and bar counter.
Ample drawer space keeps servingware well organized.
Back deck, overlooking Caribbean Sea.
East-facing rope swings make an excellent perch for enjoying coffee and sunrise.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013