Just Like Being at Grandma's
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Philipsburg cabin description
Grandma's Haus is a renovated miner's cabin brought down to Philipsburg from the Granite mines in the 1800s. In renovating the cabin we strove to maintain as much of the original as possible, as seen in the original doors, the enamel cabinets in the kitchen, and in various antiques. This cozy 580 square foot cabin has two 10x12 bedrooms. One bed room has a queen bed; the other hand crafted twin beds. There is also a very comfortable queen sofa bed. In the small well-shaded front yard you can enjoy a quiet barbeque. The house is tucked back from the road and offers comfort and quiet. In the summer it is cool and warm in the winter. There is ample parking. Once you arrive you may park your car and walk to historic downtown, 1 block away or hike into the mountains on well marked hiking trails within 5 walking minutes of the house. You can still find many old mine sites with the original buildings standing. There are ceiling fans in the living room and bedrooms. Satellite TV and internet available. Complimentary Continental breakfast.
- 580 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility:
- Pets Considered:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Small, with tub and shower. Hand bar for safety.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Towels Provided:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Queen sofa bed. May use owners laundry room if stay is 7 days or more.
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- GEO Coordinates: 46.32956N 113.294489W Philipsburg is a small historic mining town nestled against the mountains. Stars in the clear night skies feel close enough to touch. Montana is a great place for star-gazing. For the adventurous private pilot there is a small paved airport just on the outskirts of town, less than 1 mile. No matter the time of year you can enjoy a quiet stroll through historic Philipsburg 1 block away. Enjoy a bison burger for lunch at Doe Brothers famous for their old fashion ice cream. Then visit the Sweet Palace, chosen as the World's Famous candy store in 2011, for desert. New to Philipsburg is the Philipsburg Brewery, a favorite of locals and visitors. Visit the Philipsburg Museum and learn about the mining history of the area. There are several old mining sites to be seen as you hike the area or visit the Granite Ghost town. Enjoy live theatre at the Opera House every weekend during the summer. Other events to be enjoyed are Flint Creek Valley days in July and Shakespeare in the Park in August. Enjoy panning for sapphires at the mine or at the Sapphire Gallery in town. You can also pan for opals at Opal Mountain in downtown Philipsburg. Philipsburg's original buildings have all been renovated, so take a step into the past as you visit the various stores. Outside of town you will find Rock Creek known for its world-class Blue Ribbon fly fishing, not to forget Flint Creek. Both creeks are within a short drive from town. For the avid fisherman there is ice fishing in the winter on nearby Georgetown Lake, 8 miles away. There are multiple clear mountain lakes awaiting day hikers or backpacking overnight. Christmas Stroll is a must for winter visitors. Try out the lighted outdoor ice skating rink. Miles of forest roads make this a great place for 4-wheeling in the summer. If you like skiing or ice fishing Grandma's Haus is the place to stay. We are just 10 miles from both downhill and cross country skiing. George Town lake is a favorite for ice fishing. After a vigorous day outdoors check into cozy Grandma's Haus. Walk downtown Philipsburg for a beer at the brewery or enjoy a warm meal at several of good restaurants. Or if you prefer bring your favorite meal and enjoy the warmth of Grandma's Haus....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Best VRBO Ever
Best VRBO Ever
Cozy, comfortable, with everything you need for a great stay. Linens are high grade, and the owner is friendly, helpful, and flexible. My doggy loved it, too!!
- Guest Deb (Marysville, Montana)
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 06/23/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Pets up to 40 lbs allowed with owner permission. May have up to 2 pets. Pet fee is assessed for each pet. Please read pet policy and sign.
- Pet Fee: $10
- Tax Rate 7%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Missoula at 80 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 1 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Philipsburg Brewery at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Discovery Mountain at 12 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Anaconda at 35 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Silver Mill at 200 Metres
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: After enjoying 25 years in the Air Force, Don and Vicky moved back to Montana which was home. In 2005 they moved to Philipsburg to help with the care of their autistic grandson. Don is a retired B-52 pilot. For Vicky and Don the highlights of his career were the assignments in Peru, and San Salvador where Don served as attache. Their last assignment was in Heidelberg, Germany. Family is very important to Don and Vicky. Both are avid outdoors people and love to hike, bike, camp and travel. 'We came to Philipsburg with the intent of staying only as long as needed to help with our grandson, but found we loved it here and have decided to stay.'
Why the Owner Chose Philipsburg:
We chose to live in this small cabin for the close proximity to our son and grandson, for its nearness to the Medical center and the challenge of renovating an old miner’s cabin. It is quiet and cozy, reminding me of visits with grandma. We enjoy its location, being able to walk just down the road for a stroll downtown or have something to eat. Everything we need is just a short walk from home. We enjoy the friendliness of the local people and their spirit of generosity. They have a way of making one feel welcomed.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
You can choose to just sit and relax, join in the hussle and bussle of Philipsburg, or find solitude walking in the nearby mountains. Once here you can just park your car and enjoy vacation.
- Primary: 406-531-9266
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Area into master bedroom
Gas BBQ under shade
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 10, 2013