Fall Foliage Special
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cheshire cottage description
Come stay at our charming cottage during Fall Foliage Season and enjoy save 25% off our regular rates! This charming and cozy cottage is set behind a small fruit orchard with a lovely stream behind it and plenty of privacy. It has one newly painted main room, with plenty of windows looking out onto the orchard and nearby woods. It will hold a maximum of two people. A wide deck allows for the pleasures of bird-watching or meal-taking or enjoying a drink at sunset. We've recently installed an outdoor shower (in addition to the one indoors) and a table and chairs beside the stream out back. While there is no kitchen, we do provide a coffee maker, small fridge, and a microwave for our guests' convenience. Our guests have enjoyed the serenity and calm of the cottage and surrounding environment. The Cheshire Lake is a short walk and hiking trails can be found immediately nearby where folks can walk for hours without interruption.
- 250 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility
- Not Suitable For Children
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Small bathroom with shower stall, toilet and sink.
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Climbing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Fitness Center
- Jet Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Our lovely cottage is located in an area of great natural beauty and that offers a huge arrays of cultural activities -- notably dance, music and theatre festivals from June through September. These include Tanglewood, Jacobs Pillow, Berkshire Theatre Festival, Williamstown Theatre Festival, the Barrington Stage, and many other music venues. Museums include the world famous Mass MoCA and Clark Art Institutes, plus the Norman Rockwell and Berkshire Museums. There are numerous cinemas in the area, and a huge variety of dining opportunities -- in every price range. The cottage is within minutes of a mall and several shopping centers, and yet is tucked away in its own little private nook. We are within walking distance of a wonderful lake that features boating, canoeing, kayaking and sailing. Yet another look that offers the same water sports, plus swimming and jet-skiing is ten minutes away. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
50% in advance; balance due on arrival. Fall Foliage Specials through October: stay 3 nights and the fourth night is free. Stay 2 nights and the third is half off.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Albany, NY at 40 Miles
- Nearest Train: Hudson, NY at 40 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 8 at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Pontoosuc Lake at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Basswater Grill at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Jiminy Peak at 8 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Skyline at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Basswater Grill at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1986
About the owner: I am a writer, lanscaper and gardener. My wife, Maggie, and I grew up in New York, and when our children were still young moved to the Berkshires to do some farming. Maggie is a psychotherapist with a practice in Lenox. We currently live in the main house on the property which is about 250 feet from the cottage. Our goal is to provide our guests with the utmost privacy while offering any assistance we can to make their stay as pleasant as possible. We can offer you suggestions for where to hike, eat, go to the movie, see a play, attend a music recital, and visit any number of museums within a half-hour drive of the cottage.
Why the Owner Chose Cheshire:
Cottage 22 is a perfect getaway for spring, summer and fall. It is a splendid retreat for an artist or writer who needs a level of solitude to complete his or her work. The bedroom is charming and comfortable -- with a brand new queen bed, bedding, and an eating table that looks onto the orchard.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Our guests discover that the Cheshire country location, which is half-way between the attractions of both north and south Berkshire County, is away from the hullaballoo of summer traffic and crowds, but near enough to get anywhere within thirty minutes.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The cottage and its comfy deck
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 03, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.