It's Time to Book for the Holidays & Ski Season!!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes house description
Ideally located , this 40 acre ranch lies in the center of the triangle between Kalispell, Columbia Falls and Whitefish Montana, which gives the peacefulness that only privacy can provide. The proximity to lakes, rivers, a national park and three cities makes it a perfect 'get away' spot. For the past 14 years, this location has been declared a nature conservancy site which assures no further development can happen here. The result keeps the nature abundant, such as bear, deer, elk, moose, etc. There is an electrically fenced corral for those vacationers who choose bring personal horses in order to use the facility and, on horseback, enjoy the miles of trails emanating from our property.
The home is a lodge style 4,000 square foot, 2 1/2 story home decorated in a style describable as Montana Lodge accented with Native American and ranch furnishings. There are 5 bedrooms, three of which sleep 2 each, one which sleeps three and a large bonus bunk style bedroom which can sleep 8 conveniently. Total 17)
The great room is open plan, high truss supported 16 foot ceiling and wood burning stone fireplace. The custom kitchen with concrete and copper counter tops is spacious and and is designed for casual group entertaining. Additionally, there are both a bay window eating area and adjacent bar. Right off the kitchen is the second story deck with BBQ, copper fire dish and plenty of rustic furniture. It's built to be used and enjoyed.
The master suite enjoys a propane fireplace and private deck and hot tub. Afternoon cocktails can be served in a separate rustic gazebo.
There's a 16 foot canoe for guests to use on nearby Whitefish Lake.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 17, Beds for 17
- Master suite has a propane fireplace & hot tub on private deck.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Game Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Video Games
- Music Library
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Water Tubing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hunting Small Game
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Water Parks
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- The 40 acre Broken Arrow Ranch is conveniently located between Kalispell (6 mi), Whitefish (5 mi) and Columbia Falls (4 mi). Offering the 'sanctuary' of a forest location with the convenience of nearby activities and amenities. Glacier Nationsl park is 15 miles, Big Mountain Ski area and Resort is within 6 miles. Running rivers and pristine lakes welcome swimmers, boaters and fishermen and close by are countless opportuities for hiking and horseback throughout the areas adjacent to the ranch. Your hosts are well versed in things that are 'must see or must do' and are happy to assist guests in planning activities and outings and, if desired, make reservations. For example: in the winter, snow related action might include guided dogsledding, downhill and cross country skiing, ice fishing, ice rink skating, a massage followed by dinner in a gourmet restaurant, then back to the ranch for hot tub and 'night caps' in front of the great room fireplace. Summertime activities may include running a river white water rafting or a hike in Glacier Park, some sun at the beach time, or, perhaps a boating picnic on Whitefish Lake followed by an evening of theater and late evening dining. Maybe watching a rodeo or visiting a Indian Powwow would be an adventure... Montana 'has it all'; that's why it's called 'The Last Best Place'. 'T'is a poor man who's never watched an eagle fly' according to John Denver....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Welcoming Western Lodge in the Country
Welcoming Western Lodge in the Country
Debbie and Stew's home is a beautiful lodge-style home set in the beautiful Montana woods. The house was spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated in a Western motif- we kept the kid in our group busy for quite a while when tasked with the job of counting every antler in the place! The kitchen was well-stocked with dishes and cookware, and the beds were comfortable. One thing that was somewhat unusual was that the master bath is open to the master bedroom--so, you can't close a door to the toilet (however, you can have an in-depth conversation with the person watching you from bed). There is also no curtain in the master bath, so if you have kids playing in the front yard, you can wave to them as you are taking your shower (the shower is also open to the whole room). However, as long as these privacy issues are not a deal-breaker for you, this place is wonderful. Debbie and Stew are very responsive and helpful, and made sure that we felt welcome!
- Guest Donna (Shedd, Oregon)
- Date of stay 07/07/13
- Review Submitted 08/18/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Our group of 14 loved our time together in this spacious and beautiful home. Plenty of space to hang out together and find a little quiet corner of your own. Convenient to Whitefish and West Glacier activities.
- Guest Danielle C (Campbell, Ca)
- Date of stay 08/04/13
- Review Submitted 08/08/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
One week minimum rental...Rates are $445 per night for up to 8 persons and $50 per person per night up to the maximum occupancy of 17 persons. These rates include insurance for any damage up to $5,000, and a 7% county bed tax. A 50% down payment is required at the time of booking. the full open balance due 30 days before guest occupancy. Cancellation policy: Prior to 30 days if we have been able to re-book we will refund 40%. No refund if cancellation is less than 30 days from occupancy. There is a $125 cleaning fee.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Glacier Park International (FCA) at 4 Miles
- Nearest Train: Whitefish Railroad Station at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway US 2 and Highway US 93 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Whitefish Lake City Beach at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Blue Moon Bar, Dance Hall, Restaurant & Rodeo Site at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Big Mountain Ski Area @ Whitefish Resort at 6 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Whitefish Lake Golf Course at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: More than 20 restaurants within 5 mile radius at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1999
About the owner: Debbie and Stew 'defected' from the San Francisco area in fall of 1994, came to Whitefish and started a retail Home Accent store which has become a destination for visitors as well as locals. Bear Mountain Mercantile is conveniently located on Central Ave in downtown Whitefish. They designed and built their dream home to be 'lived in' and, in accents, honoring to Debbie's Native American heritage.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
This 40 acre property was a perfect location to design and build their dream home. It has been a wonderful place to raise their family, and a variety of pets, as well as enjoy a continual stream of wildlife visitors. This Deeded Nature Conservancy sanctuary is completely private yet only 10 minutes from town.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The home and property feel miles from civilization, yet all the magnificent features and facilities of Flathead Valley experience are readily available within a few miles. It's a ranch 'happening' similar to the experience which caused John Steinbeck say.'I am in love with Montana.For some other ststes I have admiration, respect, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.'
- Primary: +1 406 250-3972
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, September 01, 2013
5 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.