Spacious, Comfortable House with Lake and Town View in Pucon, Chile
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-14 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pucon house description
The property is in Pucon, Chile, a beautiful little town where you can find all the modern day comfort (good supermarket, restaurants, hotels, internet, etc) and still savour a country style living. The Villarrica Lake and Volcano are the greatest attractions of the area. In the summertime the lake offers water sports and in the winter the Volcano takes over with its Ski resort. Skiing on an active volcano is a unique experience.
This beautiful house, was built laying on a hill, it has 3 levels and every room has views of the town and the lake.
The first level of the house is the entrance where you also find a huge (1000 sq ft) entertainment room furnished with a small kitchen, dining room and living room which open out to a big terrace that overlooks the swimming pool and the garden.
The second level has the living room, dining room and kitchen with attached family room.
The third level has the master bedroom with its own bathroom and wonderful views of the lake and town. On this same level there are 3 more loft style bedrooms, each with their own bathroom.
The house can accommodate comfortably up to 10 people.
The house has a modern design and it has cypress wood details throughout the house, which give a warm ambiance.
We have 3 dogs that will be staying towards the back garden, unless you enjoy dogs and don't mind that they are walking around.
There is a lot of area around the house to walk, there is also space for playing ball and enjoying the garden.
Within 5 minutes, walking, you can be at the lake or the center of the town, this is very convenient. You can also get public transportation (buses) that can take you to nearby towns and attractions and even to Santiago (capital of Chile). There are Travel Agencies throughout the town that can also present to you different options of things that you can do. If anything, you can always contact us and we can also guide you on the things to do. For your reference, inside the house, in the family room area, there is a travel guide that shows all the attractions in the area, and in Chile in general.
In Pucon, you can experience many activities: hiking, biking, canopy, hot springs, rafting, fishing, for the more spiritually inclined, you can take yoga classes, find wonderful quiet spots for meditating, take nature walks or even have alternative medicine treatments if you so desire, in short there are multiple possibilities of finding what you most enjoy doing.
- 5000 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Master Bedroom: it is a big room with wonderful views. It has a king size bed, an area with a sofa which is set in the perfect position to watch the sun set. The other 3 bedrooms are quite spacey as well, and each has a loft which makes them fun to be in. Additionally these bedrooms in the loft part have huge round windows, big enough so you can sit in it and enjoy your favorite book!...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
From the wood stove, as mentioned, the water comes to a tank from where it is distributed to the floors through pipes. In the winter the house maintains a comfortable temperature with this system. ...moreless
The living room has a wood stove, this stove serves for ambiance, but it is also part of the heating system. Water goes through it, warms up and then goes to a tank from where it is distributed....moreless
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- If you are interested in having a group traveling to Pucon for specific activities, such as fishing, hiking, mountain biking or you want to have some kind of retreat, therapy groups, etc, any kind of theme vacation you would like to have, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help you with this and make your theme vacation as pleasant and complete as possible....moreless
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable
- Ping Pong Table
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
The golf course very close to the house, at the 'Peninsula', it is a 9 hole golf course, with spectacular views of the lake, the town and the volcano, no golf carts so a great opportunity to exercise!...moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Ski & Snowboard:
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Pucon characterizes for the diversity of activities that can be done in town and its surrounding areas. In town, just walking through the streets, will give the visitor a sense of small town life, you will find that there is only one stop light! there is no need for more!. There are many restaurants, little stores with handicrafts, and bigger stores for your everyday needs, from groceries, to Patagonian delicacies, to clothes, and even a Casino where you can try your luck; you will find a very interesting diversity. The lake offers water sports in the summertime, plus the possibility of just laying out in the sun and enjoying the scenery. You can do this at Lake Villarrica which is minutes from the house, or drive 20-30 minutes and reach a much quieter beach at the lake Caburga, totally surrounded by mountains. The Volcano is a very interesting attraction, there are hiking tours to take you up during the summer, and in the winter a ski resort offers you the possibility of having the unique opportunity of skiing on an active volcano. This volcano also enables the presence of many hot springs around the area, you can choose from many options, from the most natural environments to the more sophisticated ones. Rafting, Canopy, biking, fishing, horseback riding you name it... all kinds of sports can be enjoyed in this area and you can find the most wonderful places to be in close contact with nature. If you are inclined to more spiritual experiences, you will find more than one spot that will allow you to connect with nature in a way that will enhance your spiritual life. If you are interested in yoga, there are many opportunities to take a few classes with experienced teachers. There are also many massage therapy professionals that will help you relax during your vacation. Summertime is during the months of December to March. The weather is pretty mild, in the summer except when the very hot wind called 'Puelche' blows, this wind tends to blow for 3 days, and the temperatures get very high, that is when everyone enjoys the lake the most. The winter, although there is no snow except on the way up to the volcano and the volcano itself, it rains a lot, and you can experience the most wonderful storms, where the strength of the wind is something to really experience. The temperature gets pretty low, getting a couple of days of freezing temperatures in the morning. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Unique and amazing experience all-around
Unique and amazing experience all-around
We just spent an early American Thanksgiving week at this incredible house! The house is very creative and fun, but functional with great spaces: a wonderful kitchen for cooking Thanksgiving dinner but everyone being able to visit at the same time, tons of bathrooms and the hot water showers are hot. :) The house keeps heat in so well from the sun during the day that we never needed to have a fire. We could walk to the restaurants downtown in less than 10 minutes. The perfect balance of being away from it all with beautiful birds landing around the house and trees and views, but close to town, and an easy drive to lots of incredible hiking. We met the owner, Carmen, who is just wonderful and a great spirit. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!
- Guest cris (Peru)
- Date of stay 11/16/13
- Review Submitted 11/29/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, girls getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Incredible house, incredible hosts, wonderful location!
Incredible house, incredible hosts, wonderful location!
We rented this incredible home for a month. It was our favorite part of our 3-month trip to Chile. The owners (Carmen and Alex) are wonderful people and terrific hosts. They have a very impressive home. We have two young kids (ages 4 and 2) and it worked out really well with kids. There were toys, a soccer field in the yard (awesome!), a fusbol table, a pool and much more. There are also 3 really sweet guard dogs that live outside that absolutely adored our kids (and vice versa). Someone came everyday to feed the dogs and someone came once per week to clean the house. The house has a gated property and sits on a small hill above town with terrific views of the lake. We felt really safe there. The location is perfect because it's very close to town (a short walk along the costanera) yet far enough away that you feel like you are removed from the hustle and bustle, you don't hear the cars, and you feel like you are in your own seclude mansion. We will definitely plan on returning the next time we come to Chile. This was the best place we stayed on our trip and we're so very thankful for Carmen and Alex's hospitality.
- Guest Unhappy Renter (USA)
- Date of stay 10/03/13
- Review Submitted 11/26/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Mid Season December
Dec 15 - Jan 14, 2014
4 night min stay
Jan 15 - Feb 15, 2014
14 night min stay
|Mid Season February
Feb 16 - Feb 28, 2014
4 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $8 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Rates above are for up to 4 people. There is a charge of US$ 14,00 per night for each additional occupant up to 12 people (maximum occupancy). This fee does not apply for Summer season: Jan 15 to Feb 15.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- cleaning fee: $75
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Taxes Not included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Temuco, Airport at 64 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Panamericana Norte - Sur at 50 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lake Villarrica Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: in the town at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Villarrica Ski resort at 9.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: La Peninsula at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: in the town at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We are Alex and Carmen, we are very happy to share our house with you. We enjoyed very much building this house, Alex designed it with a Dutch Architect who was able to understand what we wanted. Saving energy is a big issue for us, and finding eco friendly ways to heat the water has been a concern, therefore we have installed hoses on the roof that heat water when there is enough sun, this helps to safe energy considerably. Swimming in clean chemical free water is a great sensation and we are experimenting with our swimming pond, and look forward to having it working only with the plant pond as filter. It has been a little bit challenging because especially in the summer months we have had to resort to chlorine again for a little while so the water will be algae free. We both grew up in Ecuador, South America, and lived in Chile for 10 years before moving to the United States, but we love Chile and our Pucon, it is a charming town and we are very happy to have our place still there and be able to visit regularly!
Why the Owner Chose Pucon:
We were living in Santiago, and we went for a short vacation to Pucon and fell in love with the town. Since our work allowed us to be anywhere, we just picked up and moved. We found this wonderful piece of land with just what we wanted, it is close enough to the town, but yet enough land around to feel a little isolation, it is on a hill with views of the lake and the town. It was perfect for us and the planning started until the house was a reality. Nature around the place is so wonderful that we even closed down an area so that it is kept as it is, untouched and just growing naturally at its own pace.
Links to more information:
Main entrance / Entrada principal
Entertainment Room / Sala de Entretenimiento
Dining Room / Comedor
View from bedrooms 1, 2, 3 / Vista desde dormitorios 1, 2, 3
Living Room / Sala
Master Bedroom / Dormitorio principal
Bedroom 1 / Dormitorio 1
Bedroom 3 / Dormitorio 3
Bathroom same for bedrooms 1,2 / Baño igual dormitorios 1,2
Terrace bedrooms 1, 2, 3 / Terraza dormitorios 1, 2, 3
Garden and Pool / Jardín y Pisicina
Beach of the Lake Villarrica / Playa del Lago Villarrica
View of the house / Vista de la casa
Guest Bathroom E.R. / Baño de Visitas S.E
Kitchen / Cocina
Family room / Sala familiar
Guest Bathroom / Baño de Visitas
Bathroom Master bedroom / Baño dormitorio pricipal
Bedroom 2 / Dormitorio 2
Loft Bedroom 3 / Loft dormitorio 3
Bathroom bedroom 3 / Baño dormitorio 3
View of the swimming pool / Vista de la piscina
Terrace / Terraza
View of Lake and Volcano, the house is among the trees / Vista del Lago y Volcan
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 24, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4.5+ Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.