Simply the Best- 1 BR Penthouse Romantic Beachfront
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Royal Sunset Fishermen's Resort condo description
This is actually a 2 BR/2.5 BTH unit that we can lock-off the smaller bedroom/bath for ONE COUPLE ONLY. This will provide you 1000 sq feet with amazing views from the living room, balcony, master suite, kitchen and dining! This Million-dollar view penthouse is a one-of-a-kind a kind, 2-level 1 Bedroom penthouse on the beach, not far-far away like some resorts. It literally takes you less than a minute after stepping out of the condo to have your toes in the sand! We just started marketing the penthouse to couples, so you can see the reviews on VRBO listing 306688 for this unit.
The private balcony, living room, dining room, kitchen and master suite all have this wonderful pool and beachfront view. The bed is a comfortable memory foam king with an attached en-suite bath.
What makes Sunset Fisherman's Village a stand-out amongst the other condos and resorts? I would have to say it's because it's SMALL (there are just 50 units) and yet it's full service. There is no other condo complex in Playa del Carmen that offers as much as Sunset Fisherman's does right on site.
1) Free use of bikes, boogie boards, kayaks, snorkel gear
2) Full service- yes, bellman, concierge, front desk, maids, waitress service at the beach and restaurant, masseuse in the spa
3) Safe- yes Sunset Fisherman's is located in the gated community of Playacar Phase 1. Security 24-7
4) Location, Location, Location. The Playacar location is close to 5th Ave, but far enough away. Yes, there are resorts on the beach smack dab in the middle of 'the action' but do you want parties and clubs keeping you up at 2-3 am? Our resort is peaceful yet just a 3 min bike ride to the action or a 10 min beach stroll away.
5) WiFi for a small fee
6) Swim up pool bar
7) Optional meal and drink plan (call for more info)
8) Activities- yoga, water aerobics, tequila tasting, pottery painting, etc
9) Did I mention as much Rest and Relaxation that you can stand?
10) Did I mention romance? The staff at Fisherman's can set up a dinner for two experience right on the beach
I know you have the option to choose an all-inclusive resort, but don't and here is why. The AI resorts are over-crowded with over 300 rooms and it will take you 5-10 minutes to walk to the beach from your room. You end up eating at the 2-3 restaurants and having the same lousy buffet food day after day and you'll be lucky to have a peek-a-boo view of the ocean after leaning way over on your balcony! My penthouse is the actual unbelievable view you see in all the photos! Don't feel like standing in line for your meals? You can choose to eat at the restaurant on-site, make delicious meals in our beautiful kitchen or walk 10 minutes to 5th Avenue and have hundreds of restaurants to choose from. You might opt for another condo complex, but none offer you great amenities like Fisherman's Village. If the condo complex says it's 'in town' beware, that means you'll be next to loud discos and clubs pumping out techno music until 2-3 am. Our resort is very quiet as of about 10 pm each night, just in case sleep and rest and relaxation is important to you. If crazy party-action all night is your scene, then staying at a condo or resort 'in town' is the way to go for you!
I am a semi-retired travel agent specializing in Playa del Carmen and the Yucatan for more than 10 years....I will give you some great feedback even if my property isn't quite right for you.
- On floor 3
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Private Chef
- Car Available
- Non Smoking Only
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- What is unique about our master suite is that the same fabulous million-dollar views you see from the balcony, living and dining room are the same amazing pool and ocean views you have from the master suite. This is a 2-level design condo, so the entire upper level IS the master suite. Why is this unique? Most 1 BR units have the bedroom on the backside of the building with no views....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Sunset Fisherman's Village Resort is unique in that it is small with just 50 units total but with many 'full service' amenities. This is very unique because there are many condos or apartments that have a pool and a kitchen but no staff or services at all. Fisherman's has Front Desk, Bellmen, Concierge, Massage and other spa services, Maids, Maintenance, Waitresses and Bartenders. You can prepare your own meals in the beautiful kitchen in the penthouse, order a drink at the swim up bar, order a burger at the snack bar, have the optional meal plan one day and not the next or walk to 5th Ave each night and try one of the hundreds of restaurants in town. You can really customize your trip to fit your needs...and that is unique to Fisherman's Village! Call me for more details...moreless
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Beach View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Fitness Center
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Theme Parks
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $150 Nightly
Nov 23 - Dec 15
5 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $159 Nightly
Dec 16 - Dec 25
5 night min stay
|New Year's Holiday
Dec 26 - Jan 3
7 night min stay
Jan 4 - Apr 15
5 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $249 Nightly
Apr 16 - May 14
3 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $155 Nightly
May 15 - Aug 24
4 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $150 Nightly
Aug 25 - Nov 22
3 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $140 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Month-long discounts available available. Please email me with your dates. These rates are for 2 guests only. The condo can sleep more guests, but you will be asked to rent the condo as a 2 BR/2.5 BTH unit if you have more than 2 guests. The only exception is a couple with an infant.
50% Deposit on PayPal, Visa or MC. Balance due is 60 days prior to arrival. Acceptable forms of payment are Paypal, Visa or MC
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Tax and Cleaning are additional
$100 Pet fee
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Cancun International at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Playa del Carmen- Cozumel Ferry at 0.7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Federal Hwy 307 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Playa del Carmen- On the beach at Royal Sunset Fishermen's Resort
- Nearest Barpub: On site...swim up bar and lobby bar at Royal Sunset Fishermen's Resort
- Nearest Golf: Playacar Golf course at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: On site plus hundreds more on close 5th Ave at Royal Sunset Fishermen's Resort
Year Purchased: 1997
About the owner: I'm a beach girl born and raised in Southern Calif. I moved to Colorado and felt land-locked so bought this gorgeous beachfront penthouse so I could always get my beach 'fix' when I needed it. I owned and ran a travel agency called Ocean Summit Travel for over a decade until a back injury forced me to sell my company last year. I specialized in Playa del Carmen, so I know all of the other complexes in Playa and things to do in the area. I don't mind giving advice, so feel free to write or call me.
Why the Owner Chose Royal Sunset Fishermen's Resort:
I wanted to be able to get to my vacation home in a few hours of flight time from Denver. I'm not into the towering hotel scene like Miami Beach or Cancun. Playa del Carmen was the perfect blend of beautiful beaches, great shopping and restaurants and centrally located to see ruins, hop over to Cozumel on the ferry and great R & R above all. They limit the height of all the buildings to 3-4 stories so there are no high rises.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
This is the ONLY Beachfront 1 BR penthouse in Playa Del Carmen after doing an extensive search online. (feel free to search for yourself) It's actually a 2 BR penthouse, but we can lock down the smaller 2nd bedroom so couples can enjoy the full oceanview from the master suite and the rest of the condo. Most other 1 Bedroom units have no ocean view from the bedroom. You can read reviews of this unit as a 2 BR on VRBO listing 306688
- Primary: + (303) 257-5550 (Colorado, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Would you like for this to be your view every day while on vacation?
Remodeled kitchen with stainless appliances, new cabinetry and granite
Million-dollar views of the pool and ocean from unit 351 penthouse
High Quality Sunbrella outdoor furniture on your private balcony
Enjoy a beachfront massage right at Sunset Fisherman's Resort
A restaurant and Grill on site, even room service if you so desire
Master suite with a king memory-foam top comfortable bed and ocean VIEWS
This is a 2-level penthouse. The top level is the master suite
Cocktail anyone? There is a cute lobby bar and a swim up bar
Two beautiful tennis courts walking distance away
Your private balcony to enjoy your cocktail, this is the actual view!
This small resort has just 50 units so there is no overcrowding here
Enjoy your workout with great views right on site
Fisherman's have 2-3 times the beach frontage of other resorts & just 50 units
Take it all in....come enjoy Sunset Fisherman's Village
Cute decor...yes the details DO matter
Bathrooms have marble floors and countertops
The penthouse has marble floors throughout and comfortable/fun decor
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 18, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.