Gorgeous Oceanfront on a Private Lane
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Blue Hill house description
The house offers an open living plan on the first floor. The light filled living area features two-story windows. There will be room for the whole family to sit in front of the fire, play board games, and gather around the dining table. There are doors to the deck from the living area, where there are chairs and table awaiting you for an al fresco meal. The dining table seats eight.
The kitchen is fully equipped for every chef with two pantries and an electric stove. Another small deck (with a grill) adjoins the kitchen. A half bath and laundry room with stacked washer and dryer are on this floor. The master bedroom suite with new king-sized bed, two large closets, television with DVD player, and full bath adjoin the living area, and has a spectacular view of the ocean.
The second floor features a loggia overlooking the living room. There are three additional bedrooms on this level, each with large closets, and one full bath. Two of the bedrooms feature queen-sized beds, one with a view of the ocean. There is also a bedroom with two twin beds and view of the ocean. A small office/den has a pull-out sofa with single bed.
All linens are provided.
Twin Chimneys offers it all- a romantic spot for two, a great family vacation, or a quiet getaway from your busy schedule.
- 2800 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Limited Accessibility
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- All bedrooms are furnished with sheets, blankets and pillows.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The first floor bathroom in the master suite includes sink, toilet and shower stall as well as a separate tub. The second floor bathroom includes and shower/tub as well as toilet and sink. A half bath is also located on the first floor in the combination laundry room. all bathrooms are furnished with towels....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Climbing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- The charming scenic village of Blue Hill is just two miles away from this wonderful home, located on a private lane, nestled among the pines, with a panoramic view of Blue Hill Bay, and your own piece of the rocky shoreline. You can enjoy the beach, watch the sailboats and and lobster boats go by, curl up with a book on the deck, or enjoy the sparkling stars in the night sky. The lawn is a great spot for a good game of Frisbee. The village is 35 miles from Bangor International Airport or Trenton Airport, an hour drive from all the attractions of Acadia National Park, and close to the neighboring villages of the Blue Hill peninsula, including Castine, Brooklin and Deer Isle, each with their own history and activities. The village of Blue Hill offers a variety of restaurants from fine cuisine to a favorite lobster and clam shack. All the amenities you need can be found in the village- a grocery story, food co-op for organic items, a farmer's market in summer and fall, wine store, banks, an award-winning library, art galleries, churches, post office, Kneisel Hall Summer Music Festival, Marine Environmental Research Institute programs and cruises, steel drum outdoor concerts, and hiking up Blue Hill mountain. Launch your kayak and paddle around the coves of the bay, greeting seals. The reversing falls in South Blue Hill are famous and worth a look - or a kayak ride if you dare. Take a bike ride along the small winding roads. The famous Wooden Boat school in Brooklin offers courses in sailing and boat-building. Antique shops and galleries can be found all over the peninsula. Blue Hill Heritage Trust offers well maintained and beautiful hiking and walking trails all over the peninsula. There is always something to do in any season! The house offers an open living plan on the first floor. The light filled living area features two-story windows. There will be room for the whole family to sit in front of the fire, play board games, and gather around the dining table. There are doors to the deck from the living area, where there are chairs and table awaiting you for an al fresco meal. The dining table seats eight. The kitchen is fully equipped, with two pantries and an electric stove. Another small deck (with a grill) adjoins the kitchen. A half bath and laundry room with stacked washer and dryer are on this floor. The master bedroom suite with new king-sized bed, two large closets, television with DVD player, and full bath adjoin the living area, and has a spectacular view of the ocean. The second floor features a loggia overlooking the living room. There are three additional bedrooms on this level, each with large closets, and one full bath. Two of the bedrooms feature queen-sized beds, one with a view of the ocean. There is also a bedroom with two twin beds and view of the ocean. A small office/den has a pull-out sofa with single bed. All linens are provided. Twin Chimneys offers it all- a romantic spot for two, a great family vacation, or a quiet getaway from your busy schedule. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Review of Twin Chimneys from Canada
Review of Twin Chimneys from Canada
This was the second time I've rented from VRBO. The first was a remodelled stone farmhouse called "La Jaubert" near Viens France. That made our vacation in Provence an experience that I still remember. We knew when we pulled into the circular drive at Twin Chimneys and entered the front door into the bright central room with cathedral ceiling and multiple windows looking out on a view of Blue Hill Bay framed by tall pines and a lawn reaching down to the bay that we had found a similar unique place. The house was obviously professionally decorated and had an aura of understated elegance. It is obvious that the owners have taken steps to ensure that all necessities of housekeeping were provided. There was a fully stocked linen closet, a china and glassware closet, and a laundry room with all manner of cleaning agents. We found it easy to prepare dinners for our group of eight in the modern kitchen with adjoining barbecue deck on several days, and otherwise made a day trip to Acadia National Park and Bar Harbour. Management is in nearby Blue Hill, which makes it convenient to deal with any problems, but we did not have any. The grand kids were occupied on the one rainy day with the stock of children's games provided in the common room. They no time at all to discover a “Narnia-like” secret passage to a small room full of children-sized furniture at the back of what was my bedroom closet, much to my chagrin. This must be a holdover from former owners of the house In total, we had a wonderful time and would recommend Twin Chimneys to anyone.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 08/02/13
- Review Submitted 08/19/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
May 3 - Jun 13
7 night min stay
Jun 14 - Sep 12
7 night min stay
Sep 13 - Oct 31
7 night min stay
Nov 1 - May 2
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please email owner for payment details and options.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Bangor International Airport or Trenton Airport at 35 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 176 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: The property has its own beach at Blue Hill
- Nearest Restaurant: a variety of restaurants in Blue Hill at 2 Miles
About: Twin Chimneys is owned by a family partnership. Family members own other properties nearby on the private lane.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Light filled open living area
Enjoy a fire on a cool evening, or the deck just outside the french doors.
A game table provides more fun on foggy evenings.
A small sunny deck with table, chairs and grill adjoin the kitchen.
A queen sized bed in a cozy bedroom on the second floor
A queen sized bed in bedroom overlooking the ocean on the second floor.
The beauty of the natural surroundings are everywhere.
Your views of Blue Hill Bay and the mountains of Acadia.
The lawn is a great place for a Frisbee match.
You can watch the sailboat races from your deck.
The house sits in a sunny location amid the pine trees.
Enjoy the open floor plan
The dining table seats eight with views of the water.
The kitchen is fully equipped for all your cooking and dining needs.
The loggia travels the length of the second floor.
Twin beds in bedroom overlooking the ocean on the second floor.
New king sized bed in the first floor master suite with ocean view.
A small deck off the kitchen offers al fresco dining and a grill.
Sailboats and lobster boats abound in Blue Hill Bay.
Your own rocky beach on Blue Hill Bay.
An afternoon view from your deck.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, January 06, 2014
4 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.