Upscale Cottage Close to Del Mar Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Carmel Valley cottage description
Our 1,200 square foot detached cottage sits next to our main home, atop 1.25 acres of lush gardens. The comfortable kitchen with granite countertops and all the amenities allows our guests many delightful meals. Inside the family room, our guests can play pool and watch TV on the flat screen hanging from the wall. The king size pillow top bed is very comfortable, and each side of the bed has its own personal recessed lighting hanging right above, perfect for reading at night. The bathroom is spacious with double sinks and a large shower with limestone walls. Next to the bathroom is another large storage area with shelves to store shoes, bags, luggage and any other extras.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 2-5
- The bedroom holds a king size bed with a pillow top mattress, giving all the comforts needed for a peaceful nights' sleep. A/C is available for those warm nights, or the ceiling fan can be turned on. Heating is available for those cold winter nights. There is a closet with mirrored doors, and an extra storage area right next to the closet for shoes, toys, sweaters, etc.. Above the headboard are two recessed dimmer lights, perfect for the late-night readers....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
The kitchen with sink holds all the amenities for a lovely meal. The large granite countertops are spacious enough for all the chopping and cutting. There is even an ice maker. Kitchen is not shared...moreless
Dishes & Utensils:
The kitchen is provided with plates, coffee cups, wine glasses, water glasses, serving platters, serving bowls, sugar and creamer bowl, silverware, cooking knifes, cutting boards, BBQ utensils....moreless
There are two seating options for meals. There are barstools next to the granite countertop, perfect for kids where they can be served right from the kitchen. Meals can also be eaten outside....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Pool Table:
There are many opportunities for boat rentals in Mission Bay and La Jolla, and through the Seaforth Boat Rentals and Yacht Charters in San Diego, which offers whale watching and sailing classes....moreless
- Water Sports Gear:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Ice Skating
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Our country lifestyle neighborhood has many varying hiking trails for all of you who love the outdoors and enjoy walking or jogging. Del Mar Mesa's single track, and winding and narrow trails make it a great place to moutain bike. We are centrally located. Walking distance from the Hyatt Grand Del Mar where you can enjoy golfing, world class restaurants, the spa, and nightly dancing. We are 5 miles from the beaches of Del Mar, where you can boogie board, surf, swim or hike the trails of Torrey Pines. 3 miles from us, the Carmel Creek Plaza offers shopping, luxury cinemas and wonderful eateries like Mia Francesca and Burlap. 6 miles from us is Del Mar Plaza, another fun shopping area with boutiques, Banana Republic, and trendy restaurants like Il Fornaio. We are 8 miles from the world famous Del Mar Racetrack that runs each summer from July 17 - September 4. The Del Mar Fair can also be enjoyed from June 8 - July 14. Between October and March whale watching tours are available in La Jolla Shores to enjoy the migration of the grey whales. Yearly, Del Mar offers hot air balloon rides, where you will be flown over the green golf courses, and beautiful coastline with its orange sunsets. Being surrounded by beaches, it is water sports galore, where you can enjoy surfing, water skiing, snorkeling, diving and sailing. hand gliding is also available through the Torrey Pines State Park Glider Port. We are 8 miles from the La Jolla Playhouse where you can enjoy many live theatre performances year round. Children will love the La Jolla Birch Aquarium, 9 miles from us, where they can see jellyfish, seahorses, octopus, and much more with a showcase of sea life from more than 60 habitats. The Tide Pool area overlooking the Pacific allows adults and children to touch marine sea life, like sea cucumbers and star fish. San Diego has something for everyone. If you are looking for a romantic getaway this is the place. If you are in search of family fun this is also the place for you....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Extremely comfortable and well-appointed cottage. We found it to be very comfortable and would definitely stay there again. Loved the luxurious bedding and towels.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 12/27/13
- Review Submitted 01/03/14
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing.
This is a great place to stay in San Diego. Close to everything, yet quiet. Furnishings are good quality, place is spotless and the owner is thoughtful and really nice. Would definitely stay there again.
- Guest Miruna P.
- Date of stay 11/25/13
- Review Submitted 12/09/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Great place to stay
Great place to stay
The cottage was a great place for our family. Jackie brought in a roll away bed for one of our children, and had plastic dishes ready for the children. The kitchen was well stocked with everything that we needed. The neighborhood is quiet and the cottage has privacy from the house with its own patio. The location is great, just a few minutes from the beach. Our children loved the pool table, and there was a nice grassy area for them to play. We would definitely return
- Guest Josh H.
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 07/18/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
A 5-star stay!
A 5-star stay!
My family and I (2a/2c) arrived at the guesthouse and were warmly greeted by Jackie and her family. She kindly brought us some treats fresh off the grill and gave us a thorough tour of the guesthouse.....newer construction, comfortably furnished and beautifully landscaped! The pool table and private outdoor shower were a hit with the kids, and we spent many an evening grilling on the patio and eating outdoors. The guesthouse is light and bright and surrounded by walking trails. Very quiet too! Jackie made sure we had everything we needed and was very hospitable throughout the week. This is now our permanent "go to" home in San Diego! Thanks Jackie!
- Guest C.T. (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 07/16/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you so much for your kind words. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in the cottage, and we very much look forward to seeing you next year!
Gem of a Cottage in Carmel Valley!
Gem of a Cottage in Carmel Valley!
I recently had the pleasure of staying at this cottage in Carmell Valley with my husband and two children. Although dubious about using VRBO, I was very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness (everything is new) and the luxury standard of accommodations. It was evident that the owner had taken great care to ensure that guests of the Cottage were lacking for nothing. This is a gem of a property centrally located within close proximity to all the fun things San Diego has to offer. Even the beach was only 15 mins away! The cottage is very well equipped with all the amenities we needed, including a fabulous pool table which the kids loved! Thank you for a great stay. We will definitely be coming back next time we are in San Diego.
- Guest LA Girl (Los Angeles)
- Date of stay 04/11/13
- Review Submitted 05/14/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Please contact owner via phone prior to booking. Thank you.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee: $100 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Tax Rate 11%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Diego International Airport at 20 Miles
- Nearest Train: Del Mar Train Station at 8.5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 56 Highway at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Torrey Pines State Beach at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Club M at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Grand Hyatt Golf Club at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Addison at 0.25 Miles
Why the Owner Chose Carmel Valley:
Our family loves the tranquility of the countryside, and the beauty and fun of the California beaches. This property gives us the best of both worlds. My husband and I love to jog. We wake up each morning, attach Nala, our Labradoodle to her leash and off we go in search of new trails that our neighborhood has to offer, with horses that sometimes like to trot alongside of us. Sometimes we will pack up the car with our kids and rush to the beach that's only ten minutes away to build sandcastles, swim or boogie board, and grab an ice cream at the Del Mar Plaza before we head home. This property has something for everyone. If you want to just relax, set your cell phone off and walk or explore the trails in the area, our guests can do that. If you want to venture out and visit the spa, go golfing during the day, or dancing at night, we are walking distance from the Grand Del Mar. Our property is large, so children have a lot of grassy area to play and run around.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
One of my family's favorite places on earth is Italy. The first time I saw my home, walking through and around the gardens, with its olive trees, and the view of the valley, it reminded me of Tuscany. Throughout the day, it seems as if the valley changes personality. When the fog rolls in and hides between the houses, it suspends them in air. The sunset turns the sky into different colors, giving the valley a fiery effect. Now, every morning when I look at my backyard, I feel like I have a little bit of Tuscany tucked away in Carmel Valley, California.
- Primary: 8583375729
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sunset hour from the property.
Lots of space for children to run and play.
Play pool while watching TV.
Kitchen with microwave, large toaster oven, coffee maker and more.
Bedroom with king size bed.
Large shower with limestone walls.
Rosemary sits on the side of the cottage, to pick and spice up your dishes.
Barbeque your favorite food and sit in the spacious patio area.
The view from the backyard of the property.
Spend the early morning jogging or walking on the trails.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 15, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.