2 Bedroom Central Orange Beach, Al Property
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Phoenix 5 condo description
Step out of your car and into this delightful and inviting condominium unit which awaits your arrival to be your home away from home during your stay in Orange Beach. This unit is conveniently located on the first floor just steps off the lobby, convenient to the elevator or stairway leading to the basement level from which you enter the pool or beach areas. This unit has a tremendous balcony facing the beach and ocean. It's perfect for your first cup of morning coffee to a dinner gathering that evening!
This 2-bedroom, 2-bath unit will comfortably sleep 8 in beds. (I also have a 3 BR/2 BA unit VRBO #452911 for additional friends or family to rent.) It is perfect for a family or friends sharing their vacation together. It is fully furnished from kitchen to closet, and all it needs is life to reside within it for as long as you will stay!
The beach and pools area easily accessible by stairs or the elevator. One may carry their chairs and umbrellas down to the beach to set up, or Zeke's Beach Service will rent chaise lounges and umbrellas for your convenience. At the poolside, one will find many chaise lounges from which to choose to enjoy the fresh water and sunshine. Don't forget to bring your own beach towels for your comfort.
The large outdoor pool is refreshing after a day on the beach. And if you have young children, the mushroom-style waterfall will entertain them in the kiddie pool. If the rain threatens to spoil a day at the beach or pool, there is always the large indoor pool for even more entertainment.
The lighted tennis courts, outdoor basketball court or indoor racquetball court are available for the more active sports-minded individuals. There is even a fitness room accessible to continue some cardio or weight training during your vacation. And even if you don't want to partake of these activities, there is enough room to sit and admire some play on any of these courts. And if the muscles ache after some hardcore play, one won't have to look too far to find the sauna and hot tubs available for some after-play relaxation.
There are gazebos and barbecue grills available for outdoor dining and gathering poolside. There are no open flame grills allowed on the balcony, so if one wants to prepare a meal from the grill, you'll have one available to create jealousy in others from the smell of your cooking.
Check-in is available on site, and the friendly staff is always available to answer your questions. If you're there long enough, you'll end up with new friends at the front desk and at the secure entrance.
If you're staying long enough, you'll either need to bring enough clothing to outfit your stay or use the washer and dryer available within the unit to freshen what you brought. Just don't forget the detergent!
Within the living area there is a large HDTV with DVD player and satellite programming. One will find the same in each of the 2 separate bedrooms, which are also provided with the basic supply of linens for the beds and bathrooms. Vacationers like to vacate in a myriad of reasons, so if watching television is your chosen activity, there should be a television available to suit your fancy. Also included in your stay is wireless internet connection!
So one really doesn't need to leave the condo after arriving, assuming you've visited the grocery store and stocked the pantry and refrigerator with some good eats. You'll find enough kitchen tools and utensils to cook for an army and a dishtowels to clean up, but don't forget the many fine restaurants and activities in which to partake while visiting.
There are many activities and restaurants located from across the street to across town and into another state.
Within walking distance are Live Bait restaurant across the street, Adventure Island - an outdoor miniature golf, gaming, and fresh-scooped ice cream fun-filled center, and Souvenir City. There are grocery stores and shopping centers and more within a mile of the unit. And several more miles down the road you will find the famous Flora-Bama lounge located on the Florida and Alabama state line. This lounge is listed as one of the world's 20 best 'dives.'
Take a 30-minute drive East toward Pensacola, FL, and you can visit the National Naval Aviation Museum located on the Pensacola Naval Air Station property. There are restored aircraft and artifacts representing the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. Entrance into the museum is free, and there is a separate charge for viewing the IMAX Theater. Also, there are occasions when visitors will be treated to the Blue Angels practice rounds around Pensacola or even in front of the condo!
In the other direction, visitors can drive 5 miles west into Gulf Shores for more shopping and dining and even a visit to a local zoo. And north from there in Foley, there is more shopping to be done at the outlet mall.
But back in Orange Beach along the intercoastal waterway, The Wharf awaits visitors for shopping, dining, movie theaters and some Ferris wheel-riding. There is often live, big-name entertainment featured at The Wharf. And don't forget the dolphin cruises or fishing charters taking off from local marinas. Beachgoers can also find parasailing, diving, kayaking, shelling and many other activities to do along the shoreline.
- On floor 1
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Full beds in room
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Beach View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- The Orange Beach area is central to a wide variety of activities from eating, shopping, adventure, sightseeing & golfing. Travel west to check out the activity in Gulf Shores, where there are more restaurants and hangouts from which to choose. Fort Morgan is an early 1800s fort at the end of State Route 180 positioned at the tip of Mobile Point in Mobile Bay. Take a ferry ride to Dauphin Island & discover the history of protecting this seaport. Traveling east toward Pensacola, you'll discover the National Naval Aviation Museum. While visiting, you might be fortunate enough to discover a practice demonstration of the U.S. Navy flight demonstration Squadrom, the Blue Angels. Or better yet, schedule your vacation around one of their airshows, & watch it from the unit's balcony. And speaking of watching shows from the balcony, Thunder on the Gulf powerboat racing occurs at the end of May/first of June each year. This is another exciting time to visit Orange Beach each year! There are many activities around the area for kids of all ages! TheTrack is located on Hwy. 59 just north of the inter coastal bridge from Gulf Shores. One will find a racetrack, mini golf course, bumper boats, carnival-type rides, game room & more for day or night fun. The beach is not complete without at least one round of putt-putt golf! There is also a course located just east & across the street from Phoenix V at Adventure Island. You'll also find rides, attraction & an arcade room, as well as an ice cream treat to satisfy everyone's sweet tooth! In between all of these activities, one has to nourish them self for the energy to keep up with everyone. Live Bait is across the street from the condo, & there are several other restaurants within walking distance. However, if you would like to venture out past the immediate area, check out Calypso Joe's at Orange Beach Marina. While waiting for your table, your children can take in a crab race while you stroll the marina admiring the beautiful boats harbored there. Tacky Jack's is across the street on Safe Harbor Drive, and located on the water at Terry Cove. Dine outside & catch the views from your bar stool, & don't forget to climb up to the widow's walk for a better view. There are several locations of Tacky Jack's but this is the closest one to the condo, with the next best location in Gulf Shores on the inter coastal waterway across from LuLu's. And speaking of LuLu's, this is another dining destination that can't be missed! Yes, you'll have to wait for a table during peak season or events during the year, but they have created a festive environment for doing so. Lucy Buffet is Jimmy Buffet's sister, & he has been known to make a surprise visit to diners, so keep your eyes peeled, or rather your ears open. I would imagine he'd pick up the microphone & start up some entertainment! Or visit The Hangout on the beach 'Where 59 Ends and the Fun Begins'. This is the site of The Hangout from the 50s, and today fellow beachgoers are doing the same from long ago. The founders of this newer hangout have created a visual & sensory field of entertainment while waiting for your table. But if fun, crazy and loud is not your preferred choice of dining, then be sure to check out the Shrimp Basket with locations all over the area or The Original Oyster House in Gulf Ghores. One of our historic favorites is the Gulf Bowl - yes, a bowling alley - in Foley for their shrimp Poboy & ranch fries. It's oh so yummy! And before or after dinner, you can take in a game of bowling! It's close to the outlet mall, too. Shopping?! Oh, yes, & plenty of it from the typical beach shops dotting the streets to the outlet mall in Foley. There are also many boutiques & furniture stores as stand-alones or within shopping centers. (and yes, there's a Walmart in Gulf Shores - just off Hwy. 59. And if those handymen are feeling some separation anxieties from projects, there is an Ace Hardware in Gulf Shores on Hwy. 59 & further north you will find a Lowe's & The Home Depot. One can find whatever you're looking for in a vacation to Orange Beach. Our personal preference is to stay on the beach past 5pm when all the beachgoers are packing up to go inside for a shower and fresh clothes for dinner. The beach is most delightful as one watches the sunset & the sand turns into a golden delight. Head back up to the condo for some appetizers and fresh beverages while others await their names to be called for a table. Sure, a night or two out for dinner is a treat, but you'll have the beach to yourself it you take in this advice for a few nights as well! Whatever you choose, it's vacation, and it's to be enjoyed doing whatever you enjoy doing. But don't forget to take some time to relax and get the sand between your toes. Thank you for considering and hopefully choosing our home away from home to be your vacation home for a few days....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This was our first time to use VRBO and rent a condo. This one was great and it ended up in a great vacation for our family (we have 2 small kids - 5yo and 3yo). The Pros were: - GREAT location- 2nd floor in the middle. you do not have to ride the elevator or go far from the lobby. You are the closet room to the lobby and you have a great view of the pool and the ocean. - Orange Beach is a great city! - Walmart nearby, great restaurants (HIGHLY recommend the "The Gulf"), and a great atmosphere. The Cons were: - bad internet - I know you are supposed to be unplugged from the world on vacation but unplugged for me is getting to surf the web for fun instead of work. Wireless internet was actually slower than dial up
- Guest Patrick B.
- Date of stay 07/16/13
- Review Submitted 07/30/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers.
Manager response: Thank you so much for your review! It is great to hear that it was a wonderful vacation for you and your family!!!
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please call for exact rates. They vary daily and weekly.
Payment is made via Brett-Robinson's website or sending payment directly to them.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Fees include end-of-stay housekeeping charge and one parking
pass = $158.00. Taxes are 11% on rental amount.
Rates vary from time of month and days of the week. Please email or call for a quote. A response will be received quickly.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Pensacola Gulf Coast Regional Airport at 35 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Alabama Highway 59 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Orange Beach, Lost Key, Glenlakes, Cotton Creek at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About: We are East Tennessee residents who love the beauty and tranquility of Orange Beach, Alabama. It is our opinion that the community has everything it needs to attract families and gatherings of friends to ensure for an enjoyable time at the beach. We don't get down as often as we would like, however we find comfort in knowing that others desire to enjoy a peaceful time on the Alabama coast.
Why Phoenix 5:
Phoenix V has all the amenities one could look for in a vacation property. There is year-round swimming from the outside to the inside pool. There is a small fitness room to stay active during a vacation or extended stay. Plus, there are several tennis courts and a racquetball court for partnership activity, too. The unit itself provides ample space for a crowd of 6-8, or it's cozy enough for 2. Plus, being right at the lobby and elevators, there is a quick and easy access to the basement and beach and parking lot. The ease of accessibility and a beautiful view of the beach and coastline is a priceless combination.
- Primary: +1 865 466 8108
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
view from kitchen table
Master en suite bath
2 of 3 hot tubs
view from balcony
extra large balcony
Living entertainment center
Deep end of the pool
Guest beds - 2 doubles
View from the balcony
Grills by the pool
view from extra large balcony
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 29, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.