1930s Two-Story Spanish Property with Master, 3 Guest Suites, Pool.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tahquitz River Estates house description
Beautifully furnished 1930s restored vintage Old Palm Springs property. Walled and gated privacy with four separate suites, great living room with fireplace and French doors to private courtyard and great mountain views. Large 1930s swimming pool with diving board, built-in outdoor seating with fire pit and fountains, 1956 vintage trailer / bar. Views of San Jacinto Mountains from every area of property. Pool heating optional. Fully equipped kitchen. Wonderful vintage furniture and lighting. Sound system. Broadband Internet included throughout the property. No TV and no house phones.
- 2300 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 10-14
- Each suite has its own beautiful armoire, cedar trunk, mirrors, writing tables and seating. Upstairs bedroom suite has two rooms (small living room with wrap-around windows. All have 1930s doors with mortise locks, windows onto pool area, privacy. All have direct private access to pool area. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- This property is like a small beautiful village in Mexico or Spain. It has a beautiful garden designed by Laura Morton Designs in Hollywood. The 1957 Lincraft trailer has two doors and it's own small deck - it is a lovely bar inside! Low-key, very private, magical! This is not your typical modern house rental. If you want to come to Palm Springs to watch flat-screen TV and sit in your sunken marble hot tub, this is NOT for you. This house is for people who want an exotic and relaxing magical place to visit with family and friends - like traveling back in time. Only a few blocks from hundreds of shops, restaurants, bars, dancing and old Palm Springs fun. ...moreless
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Heated Pool
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Gambling Casinos
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- We are located a short walk from downtown Palm Springs where you can find great restaurants, bars, shops, museums, hiking, bike rentals, golf, tennis, swimming, mid-century architecture tours, live music, dancing and more. A short drive from the spectacular Indian Canyons with great hiking trails and prehistoric palm oasis. Minutes from the Palm Springs Airport. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 26 - Jan 5, 2014
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
We deliver the property with fresh linens, towels, clean dishes and utensils. No charge for Hi-Speed internet 24/7.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Pet Fee: $500
- Housekeeping: $240
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $3000
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Palm Springs International Airport at 3.6 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrack Station at 4.1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Salton Sea at 40 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Casa Frida at 1.3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: O'Donnell Public Course at 1.3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: El Mirasol at 0.3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Designed and renovated by a husband wife (photographer / landscape designer) team to recreate the feeling of old Palm Springs with modern Mexican / Mediterranean flourishes
Why the Owner Chose Tahquitz River Estates:
The views are heavenly, the vibe is going back in time to when Palm Springs was filled with Spanish Revival architecture like this home. Large pool, diving board, separate casita, beautiful redone tiled bathrooms, new appliances, French doors, walled and gated for privacy!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
2 hours from Los Angeles or San Diego, this downtown close home offers beauty, privacy, good taste and is unpretentious. No marble countertops, no phone, no tv - (of course we have high-speed internet - we're not crazy!). Plenty of parking, complete privacy among the four suites, great outdoor spaces (fire pit, pool area, fountains, 1956 Lincraft aluminum trailer bar (!) and more! Beautiful, tasteful colors and scents. Romantic and relaxed. It's an oasis from your real world. Close to shops, tennis, golf, hiking, bars and great food.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View facing West in the morning.
Living Room at Dusk from Couryard
Upstairs walk-in shower
1956 Lincraft 'Bar'
Living Room at Dusk
Sleeping Room / Office
Upstairs Suite area
Poolside Guest Suite
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 19, 2013
3 Bedroom / 4.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.