Stunning and Exquisite Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kamuela (Waimea) house description
Casa Guacamole is a perfect place to relax as you enjoy views of Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa and Hualalai mountains, the Pacific Ocean all right from the three lanais. The property also offers a seasonal stream with a waterfall and swimming hole.
The open floor plan with high ceilings, sliding glass doors and ample windows allow for a glorious cross breeze and provide a comfortable temperature both day and night.
The house is located ten minutes from the historic and convenient town of Waimea/Kamuela where there is a variety of fine and casual dining and shopping, and local farmer's markets. Five miles in the opposite direction will lead you to the best beaches and golfing on the Big Island. Choose from long white sand beaches, surf breaks and state parks all within a 10 minute drive.
Casa Guacamole is truly a peaceful retreat to unwind and get away.
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 5-7
- The house has two master bedrooms. The first master bedroom has a queen bed, a walk-in shower, bathroom and private lanai with ocean, stream and mountain views. The second master bedroom has a king bed, a jacuzzi tub/shower, bathroom and wrap-around lanai with ocean and mountain views. The third bedroom has a child's bed and an adjacent powder room. There are also additional sleeping couches and air matresses that can be set up. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Kayak / Canoe
- Water Sports Gear
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
The property is uniquely situated with majestic views of all of the Big Island's mountains: Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, Hualalai and Kohala as well a view of and our stream with seasonal waterfall. ...moreless
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Equestrian Events
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Basketball Court
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Waimea (aka Kamuela) is a picturesque mountain town, surrounded by lush, green hills and majestic mountain views. Our home is conveniently located between the town of Waimea and the spectacular beaches of the Kohala coast. Choose between a day of shopping at quaint boutiques in town or a relaxing day at the beach soaking in the splendor of world class boogie boarding, surfing, snorkeling and fishing. At night dine in our home on fresh fish and veggies caught and grown locally while marveling at the gorgeous and peaceful night sky from the lanai or opt to dine in one of the exquisite restaurants located in town or at a nearby resort. Fresh fruits, veggies, flowers, and locally crafted art can be bought from a variety of farmers markets on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Waimea is also an ideal location to base day trips to the beautiful towns of Hawi (20-25 min. drive) and Kapa'au, where you can take hikes in the rainforest, explore the black sand beach of Pololu, dip in cool waterfalls, visit ancient Hawiian sites, and zip-line in forest canopies. Treat yourself to tasty fudge or yummy shaved ice at the end of your adventurous day. Another fun day trip takes you east to the towns of Honoka'a, the Waipio Valley, and even Hilo. Waipio Valley offers majestic, lush green mountain views plunging into the ocean. For the more adventurous traveler, rent an ATV or ride horseback for a better look at the beauty of this special place. Further down the road, is the town of Honoka'a offering more authentic Hawaiian arts and souvenirs and not to be missed fresh out-of-the-oven baked malasadas (Portuguese doughnuts). Continuing to Hilo, enjoy the plentiful waterfalls, scenic views, and botanical gardens. The Big Island is a world of awe, splendor, adventure and beauty. Waimea is the perfect location to make your home away from home for the whole family. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our family enjoyed the rental. It was just a beautiful spacious home with a gorgeous view. Both Elizabeth and Andrew were very helpful and accomodating. Would definitely recommend for a large family. Can't wait for our next family reunion. Thank you Elizabeth and Andrew for letting us enjoy your home.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 06/28/13
- Review Submitted 07/11/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Not included in the rates is a cleaning fee of $200 which can be negotiable depending on the number of guests and willingness to do laundry before departure. The damage waiver can also be reduced for smaller parties. Please don't hesitate to contact us for lower rates and availability. Mahalo for your inquiry!
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Tax Rate 13.4%
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Kona at 32 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Mauna Kea, Hapuna Beach, Spencer Beach at 5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Mauna Kea Resort or Hapuna Resort at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Merriman's, Red Water, Blue Dragon, and many more at 5 Miles
Sunset from West Lanai
Master Bedroom with King Bed
View of house from garden.
View of Mauna Kea from property.
Sunset at nearby beach.
Summer Sunset from main lanai
Main Lanai from House
Kitchen and Dining Room
Exploding sky at sunset seen from the lanai.
Master Bath with Jacuzzi
Nearby beach at Mauna Kea Resort, a 10 minute drive from the house.
Pololu Overlook, a scenic 25 minute drive away.
Stream on property running
View of 3 Lanais from East Lanai
Relaxing Massage Chair
View of lanai from bedroom
Well equipped kitchen
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 23, 2013