Solitude, and Nature at its Best
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Chester estate description
This massive property ( 7 acres ) is nestled in its own private cove on Fancy Lake. It has its own private dock, with a canoe, large fire pit, with plenty of wood for great fires and star gazing. There is an 8 man hot tub just outside the master bedroom. This home is a writers dream for nature and solitude. Hiking trail runs along the west edge of the property. The home is 5700 square feet with 4 bedrooms, and an additional guest cottage. There is a garden with Veggies, and an apple orchard with three vareties plus peaches, and pears. wild berries grow everywhere on the property and the surrounding trails/woods. There are several species of fish for fishing including, small mouth bass, trout, and salmon. This home is child and pet friendly, there are bikes to ride on the trail. My favourite is the loons at supper..and much much more.
- 4000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Pets Considered:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- rooms are all 700 - 900 square feet each
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Child's Highchair
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Wood Stove
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- This is New England living with Canadian hospitality
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Lawn / Garden:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Outdoor Grill
- Kayak / Canoe
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Equestrian Events
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- South Shore Nova Scotia is known as the cottage district of Nova Scotia, Mahone Bay boasts 365 islands, one for every day of the year. Many of the islands have private beaches and the owner of this property is happy to take people out for an afternoon of boating around Chester, Mahone Bay, and the historic fishing village of Lunenburg ( UNESCO Heritage site ), time permitting on their personal boat, which they keep in Beautiful Mahone Bay. There are no shortage of white sand beaches in every direction from this Gorgeous and very private home....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $400 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
We prefer rentals for 1 week or more.. this property is not available on a per night basis.
Paypal, certified cheque, or money order
Additional Fees and Taxes:
HST is an additional 15%, Damage deposit of 1500 is required and will refunded or used against final bill.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Halifax International at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Crescent Beach, Rissers Beach, Green Bay, Bachmans at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Mug and Anchor, The Knot, Rope Loft at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Wentworth and Martock at 40 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Osprey Ridge, Chester Golf Course at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Fluer de Sel, Mateus's Restaurante at 15 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: I grew up in Nova Scotia. I love it here and I'm sure if you are a nature lover, you will too. There is so much to do and see. So much history. Nova Scotia is the St Lucia of New England..
Why the Owner Chose Chester:
I built the home myself in 2006. This home is so close to everything and yet seems a world away when the moon rises and the stars come out while the loons start to sing. If you've ever seen the movie, 'On Golden Pond' this is a sophisticated version of it!
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
I chose to live here initially so I could work in the city and live at my cottage.. the best of both worlds..
- Primary: +1 902 531 5433 This is my office number
- Secondary: +1 902 298 0301 Sara's cell
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
BBQing in the back yard enjoying the view.
Flying a Kite in April on the dock..
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, June 26, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.