Historic Apple Farm Setting in the Wine Country
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sebastopol cottage description
Pleasant Hill Farm offers a fully furnished, charming, 700 sq ft. two bedroom, one bath guest house which sleeps four. For an additional fee of $90 a night, two extra guests can be accommodated in the water tower bedroom nearby which has a double bed. The water tower shares the bathroom with the guest house. The kitchen area has a dining table which seats four. There is a comfortable sitting room with a luxurious couch, over-sized chair with ottoman, flat screen TV, desk with wireless internet and an ergonomic chair. Outside, there is a large apple orchard and there are places to sit and picnic around the orchard. Dine indoors or al fresco, at a rustic outdoor barbecue area overlooking the main orchard. The guest house is attached to the barn and sits facing the recently renovated farm house built in 1900, vineyard, carriage house and water tower. The guest house is comfortably and tastefully furnished with art, super comfy beds and two flat screen TVs with cable in both the master bedroom and living room. The kitchen has a refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave, and everything you need to prepare food, serve and dine. Dishes are be done by hand as there is no dishwasher. Laundry facilities are very nearby at a laundromat on Pleasant Hill Road. The guest house is supplied with paper products adequate for several days but guests are responsible for resupply during their stay as there is no maid service. Guests will find some seasonal fruit and/ or baked goods from the local bakery, as well as milk and coffee for your first breakfast. Eat indoors or sit under the massive oaks (lit at night) at long outdoor picnic tables made from fallen trees overlooking the orchard. Pleasant Hill Farm is a working farm so depending on the time of year, the orchard could be quiet or there may be considerable orchard and vineyard activity. Check out www.sebastopol.org and www.sonomauncorked.com for local events and information.
- 750 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- The water tower accommodates overflow guests at an additional rate of $90 per night. It has a double bed, chair, coffee table, and small closet but no bath or TV. It shares the bathroom in the guest house. Because it is in a separate building from the guest house, while very close, it's not appropriate for children. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- You will find a folder in the guest house that provides information about places to go and things to do locally as well as general information about the guest house. I also provide some pantry basics in the kitchen. A laundromat is available locally. Dishes are done by hand. Check-in 2:30 pm. Check-out 11:00am....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Gambling Casinos
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Theme Parks
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Eco Tourism
- Stay in a charming two bedroom guest house on one of Sebastopol's historic apple farms. The guest house sleeps four and for an additional $100 per night, there is also an extra bedroom in the bottom of the close-by water tower with a full sized bed which sleeps two. The water tower bedroom shares the bath in the guest house. The 700 sq ft. guest house is attached to the barn and sits facing the remodeled farm house, originally built in 1900, the carriage house /garage, and the water tower. It is furnished with comfortable beds and 2 flat screen TVs with cable in both the master bedroom and living room. There is wireless connectivity and a computer desk with ergonomic chair. Eat indoors or, in the warm weather, enjoy the sunset and eat in expansive surroundings under the oak trees overlooking the orchard and hills beyond. Cook your dinner on an outdoor fire-pit/ barbeque and shop in our wonderful, local organic produce markets. Pleasant Hill Farm is just outside of the town of Sebastopol. There are many restaurants within 5 miles or less. Twenty minutes to the West is the ocean and Bodega Bay. Santa Rosa is twenty minutes to the east and Healdsburg is 1/2 hour North via a beautiful drive through wine country back roads. Enjoy antiquing, local farm trails destinations, local cheese factories, Art Walks, Farm Trails, swimming or canoeing in Russian River and cycling or walking through this beautiful part of the Northern California wine country. Pleasant Hill Farm is a working farm so depending on the time of year, there may be considerable orchard and vineyard activity. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Peaceful and serene
Peaceful and serene
My family had what amounted to a small reunion at Victorias wonderful property. As my mother in law said, "why would anyone stay in a hotel when you can stay in a home like this?" The property is as described, clean and comfortable. The setting is beautiful tucked into the rolling hills. We had a great Italian dinner with friendly and attentive service at Cafe Claudios which is located nearby. Victoria is a wonderful host. She exceeded all my expectations when she tracked us down after we checked out to return my reading glasses. Thank you Victoria.
- Guest Jeff T.
- Date of stay 10/04/13
- Review Submitted 10/09/13
Owner response: Jeff, Thanks so much for the very nice feedback. You and your family were wonderful guests and most considerate. I also enjoyed having you here and do hope to see you again at some future visit! Kindest regards, Victoria
Pleasant Place to stay in Sonoma County!
Pleasant Place to stay in Sonoma County!
This was a beautiful property with historic farmhouse charm in a very picturesque setting. The location was perfectly central for Sonoma County sightseeing. It was relaxing just taking in the views and strolling the orchard. Our younger kids loved the swing hanging from the huge oak tree and our older child (a young teen) took advantage of the water tower room (bottom floor), a pleasantly unique feature of the property. It was nice to have the outdoor picnic tables as well! Victoria was there to welcome us and also provided some local organic milk, an apple pie and other wonderful food items (including a Keurig coffee machine and coffee, very convenient). If there was anything that wasn’t provided already she was easily available to accommodate; A very friendly hostess. We would have liked to have available laundry facilities and a dishwasher to make it ideal, being our stay was three weeks, but we were aware of this ahead of time; possibly not an issue for short stays and/or smaller groups. A comfortable house. Overall, a great stay! Ken and Katherine Swisher
- Guest Ken (Tucson AZ USA)
- Date of stay 05/06/13
- Review Submitted 07/06/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children.
Owner response: Dear Swishers, it was wonderful having you stay at my farm. You couldn't have been better guests and your boys were just plain fun to have around. I'm sorry about the no laundry and dishwasher. I understand that for a group your size and such long stay, that is something to think about! Hopefully the laundromat down the road wasn't too inconvenient. The beans and tomatoes that Nate and Kyle planted are ripening already! I hope to see you all again sometime in the future. All my best, Victoria
A True Retreat
A True Retreat
This cottage is simple and sweet. The setting is so peaceful. We enjoyed waking up to the birds each morning, wandering through the orchard, and picnicing in the shade of some beautiful trees. Our host was warm and friendly. We recommend this cottage to anyone looking for a quiet get-a-way that is close to town, the beach, the river, and great restaurants.
- Guest A. M. (Half Moon Bay, CA)
- Date of stay 06/15/13
- Review Submitted 06/30/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Allie, It was great having you and your sweet family here. I'm so glad you enjoyed the orchard. All my best and thank you for the really nice comments. I hope to see you around town! all my best, Victoria
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Dec 20, 2014
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Dec 21 - Jan 3, 2015
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Please see short term rental agreement and house rules.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Sonoma County Airport at 15 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Larkspur/San Francisco at 45 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Gravenstein Hwy 116 at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Bodega Bay Beaches at 11 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Hopmonk Tavern at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Sebastopol Golf Course at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: French Garden Restaurant at 2.4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: I'm a semi-retired business person and a new farmer! I recently purchased this wonderful farm in the country. I'm getting to know my very friendly neighbors and the Sebastopol community. I moved here from Tiburon in Marin County. After working and traveling to many places in the world, I found this location pretty idyllic. Come for a visit!
Why the Owner Chose Sebastopol:
The farm is ideally located just outside of the city limits of Sebastopol in a completely private, country setting yet its close to town and everything Sonoma County has to offer. A half hour to the West is the ocean, Occidental and Bodega Bay. Twenty minutes to the east is Santa Rosa. Healdsburg is 1/2 hour North via a beautiful drive through wine country back roads. Enjoy antiquing, local Farm Trails destinations, local cheese factories, rafting on the Russian River, Luther Burbank Farm which is only a mile away, the Art Walk, Santa Rosa's new Green Music Center, cycling or walking through this beautiful part of the Northern California wine country.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Pleasant Hill Farm is one of California's more than 5,000 small farms which are produce suppliers. Because it is a working orchard you can observe the workings of an apple farm during certain times of year such as pruning, thining, and harvest. Otherwise, you will just see lots of beautiful apple trees busy growing apples! The guest cottage is warmly furnished like a home. In fact, it was my home for a year and a half while I was renovating the 113 year old farm house so I know you will be very comfortable!
Links to more information:
Driving into Pleasant Hill Farm
Looking toward the orchard in winter
New kitchen fully equipped for cooking and eating
looking out kitchen/ dining window toward vineyard and main house
modern computer desk with wireless internet and ergonomic chair in sitting room
oversized chair and couch with ottoman
bath has shower over tub and lots of large towels
second bedroom with skylight
Loading apples for the crusher
apples ready for Oliver's Markets
Blossoms on 'Pride of William' apple tree
Guest House entrance
dining area in kitchen and looking toward sitting room
hallway looking past kitchen toward sitting room
super comfy couch for viewing cable TV
bathroom has new hickory cabinets
small second bedroom with twin beds
The Water tower. The bedroom is the green door on the ground floor.
last pick of the season
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 25, 2013