Family Fun on Beautiful Bon Secour River
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Foley cabin description
Escape to where the only wildlife of a beach vacation is the mullet jumping, dolphins feeding, and ducks quacking by! This two bedroom/one bath cabin sleeps 6, has a fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer combo, and all the serenity you could ask for! Sitting directly on the Bon Secour River, it is minutes from the outlet malls as well as from Gulf Shores’ beaches. The gated community of 18 free-standing cabin units has a swimming pool and boat launch, and each cabin has its own private pier to tie up your boat after cruising down the river to Bon Secour Bay, Mobile Bay, the Intracoastal, or out into the Gulf of Mexico. Or, explore the upper river using the canoe included for your use. Spend evenings grilling out and lounging in the hammock and swing, watching the herons and pelicans or drive just minutes to enjoy Gulf Shores and Orange Beaches’ attractions.
- 750 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Towels provided
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Video Games:
- Video Library:
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
- Hunting Small Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Water Tubing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- A brackish river, Bon Secour provides the best of all water worlds. Canoe up-river to the clear, cold fresh water for an exhilarating swim, fishing, or exploring nature. (Canoe provided) Or, launch your boat on-site and head down river to Bon Secour Bay, the Intracoastal, Mobile Bay, or the Gulf of Mexico for sight-seeing, fishing, tubing, or hanging out on the beach. Happy Harbor, Lulu's, and Tacky Jack's restaurants are within 30 minutes of tying up and sitting down. Happy Harbor also rents pontoon boats and jet skis. Dolphins, ducks, herons, and pelicans are just a few of the many types of wild life visible from the porch. Watch the mullet jump and throw the cast net from the pier to haul in dinner! Gulf Shores is only 5 miles down the road and offers Waterville USA, shopping, para-sailing, jet skiing, and sugar white sands for beach-going. Play 'serious' golf at one of many courses such as Craft Farms or goofy golf at The Track. Craft Farms Shopping Center provides a Target, Publix, and Cobb Theater along with an Apple Store! Orange Beach is only a few minutes' drive and is home to The Wharf where there is great shopping, a giant ferris wheel, a zip line, and always great live entertainment including names like Willie Nelson, Kid Rock, Miranda Lambert, and much more. Foley, 5 miles up the road, is home to the world famous Tanger Outlet Center as well as many delicious restaurants. There is a Fresh Market Seafood store for fishing and bait needs and a handy-dandy Shell station that sells marine fuel just up the road, and Billy's Seafood with fresh seafood right off the boat is only a 10 minute drive down the river - just in case you don't bring in the big haul! Both Foley and Gulf Shores have wonderful municipal libraries, excellent city parks, and one or both are usually having some kind of festival. The Eastern Shore, home to Fairhope and Daphne, is less than 30 minutes away, and both extend the opportunities for shopping, golfing, boating, and sight-seeing. Additionally, just a minute more up the road you will find the Malbis Mall and Spanish Fort Town Center with a Bass Pro and much, much more. Spanish Fort is also home to some really interesting Civil War Historical Landmarks. Fort Morgan, about 25 miles from the cabin and home of the Mobile Bay Ferry, also provides Civil War history. Mobile, AL, is about an hour's drive west, and Pensacola, FL, is about the same heading east. Both have airports. Pensacola is also home to the Blue Angels. Biloxi, MS, is about a 2-hour drive, or with some planning, you can catch a tour bus that leaves out of Foley on Biloxi gambling day trip....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Loved Staying Here!
Loved Staying Here!
We were so lucky to find this "gem" of a place last minute due to some unexpected business in Gulf Shores and that would accept our two little dogs! Decorated so stylish and had everything we needed.....plus overlooked the river with lots of turtles, cranes, and jumping fish! Owner was super nice and flexible...great for family or couple and a major plus is you can bring your small four-legged babies!
- Guest Carol from Dunwoody (Atlanta, GA)
- Date of stay 07/30/13
- Review Submitted 08/06/13
Owner response: It was a great experience to work these folks! So patient with my communication difficulties (was in the mountains with sketchy service) and just plain nice! So glad they had a good trip.
There is an old building that blocks the view and you can not see the site until you enter the gate once you get past that the view of the river is great! The pool is not attached to this house. You have to walk a little further down and it is attached to another house but is for all to use. The house is well kept. I had a few knobs fall off the cabinets but other then that everything worked properly. It was well stocked with everything needed for cooking and grilling. Close to Gulf Shores Sportsplex 2.5 miles! It was a great place to relax after long days at the ball park. Kids enjoyed the canoe but we only had two life jackets and would have liked to have four for everyone to enjoy together. We had a note from the owner with a full page list of do's and don'ts. That did make me a bit uneasy as if we had to follow ALL the rules and keep our voices down. Kind of hard with softball girls. Before we left, I had to pull all the sheets and linens of the beds and place in the tub for housekeeper. With full size double bunkbed in one room that was not fun nor do I think should be a requirement of a guest. I would also recommend a larger trash can in the kitchen its a small bin not suited for the kitchen. Overall its a nice place.
- Guest Softball Family (Slidell, LA )
- Date of stay 07/23/13
- Review Submitted 08/01/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: The "old building" is a restaurant that has recently gone out of business yet still serves to block our view of the road and travelers' views of us. It in no way blocks a view of or access to the river. The knobs that came unscrewed were very easily screwed back on. There is even a small collection of basic tools in a kitchen drawer for renters to use; though in this case, it wasn't necessary. Our list of do's and don'ts is simply a hand-written copy of the Rental Agreement, there to serve as a reminder. Fortunately, most guests do not need this; unfortunately, some have. Our home has a clear view of the pool; there is a photo from our porch included. Clearly, it is not attached to the house. We want our guests to enjoy our place and its ammenities. We have included two additional life jackets for our two seater canoe (total of 4 jackets) and continue to make this available for guests at no additional charge. We charge for cleaning only what it costs us and find it a common request among those who clean for used beds to be stripped. The double bunks are difficult to remake, yet we ask only for them to be stripped. My children and their guests often do this for me as they are the ones who sleep there. The house is small; the kitchen is small. The trash bin fits under the kitchen sink cabinet and has not proven a problem for our family of four, which with teen girls usually means six people (including friends). The community trash bin sits about 30 feet from our house and is easy to access.
We Found A Home!!
We Found A Home!!
This became a home for the weekend, and we loved every moment of it! It is the perfect, peaceful getaway for a couple or a small family. There is access to the canoe, grill, swimming pool, kayak rentals, etc. Many mornings I enjoyed sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee looking over the river. The beach is really only a short drive, and it gets you away from the hustle and bustle atmosphere that the beach can sometimes give. My husband and I fell in love with this place, and we so desperately wish we could own one of our own! The neighbors were SO nice! We believe we have found a spot we can come back to time and time again!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 06/07/13
- Review Submitted 06/17/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Owner response: We couldn't be happier that we could share our home with Whitney and her husband! It is great to know that they could experience the same feelings in their time here that our family does.
We absolutely loved this house! It was well maintained, comfortable and cozy. The house is only about 6 years old so everything was fresh and new. The kitchen had everything we needed (blender, cookware, child's cups and plates, knives, etc.). The community was wonderful. We met both sets of neighbors who were very friendly and offered help if we needed anything. We fished, swam in the pool, visited the beach, and went out in the canoe. The kids brought their bikes and sidewalk chalk. They loved the hammock and porch swing underneath the house. The children had a great time as did we. I woke up every morning and sat out on the porch in a rocking chair reading my book and ended my nights the same way. I would advise anyone (single or family) to rent this house.
- Guest Brittany H.
- Date of stay 05/24/13
- Review Submitted 05/29/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Brittany is right on target when she says we have wonderful neighbors. We love being on the Bon Secour River so very much, and our neighbors truly add to the great experience. We appreciate Brittany and her family staying with us and enjoying the family atmosphere our community has to offer.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Mar 2, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
- Cleaning: $85
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $150
- Pet Fee: $50
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Jack Edwards National Airport, Gulf Shores, AL at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Mobile Bay Ferry, Ft. Morgan at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Alabama Hwy 59 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Gulf Shores, AL at 8 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Craft Farms at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Tin Top at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: After living in Baldwin County for many years and then moving away, we found ourselves constantly trying to get back home. We spent too many nights in hotel rooms and too many days in the car, riding and looking for the right place. Finally, we found Number 17. The Galley. That's what we have always called it. It is a perfect place for our family of 4. We love the river ways of Baldwin County. It sits right on one of the most versatile, beautiful rivers there is. We love fishing. We love boating. We love swimming. We love throwing the cast net and hauling in mullet, cleaning it, and putting it on the grill for dinner. Bing. Bang. Boom. Number 17 is all that and more. Our girls love the pool. We love that we can watch them swim from the hammock. We live about 2.5 hours away but go to Number 17 as often as the social lives of one teenage and one pre-teen daughter will allow.
Why the Owner Chose Foley:
Number 17. The Galley gives us everything we wanted and more. We are able to 'go home' and then go boating, fishing, tubing, canoeing, and to the beach as much or as little as we wish. Number 17 is right in the middle of Foley and Gulf Shores and has easy access to so much. We love the location almost as much as we love the Bon Secour River.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
There is always a breeze blowing in from the river, making the swing and hammocks a great place to be no matter the time of day or night. Watching the sunset from the porch, feeding the baby ducks off the banks, and pulling in a cast-net full of mullet onto the pier are just three of our favorite things to do.
- Primary: 3348047427
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living area sofa has two recliners
32' flat screen HDTV
Kitchen has microwave, stove, DW, garbage disposal, full size fridge w/icemaker
King-sized bed in master
Shower-tub combo in bath
Full capacity washer/dryer unit
Private pier at cabin to tie up your boat, throw the cast net, or sit in the sun
The porch is a great place for meals and rocking.
Saltwater pool sits right on the river
2 areas for parking under the house
Enjoy the hammock, the pier, the canoe on beautiful Bon Secour River.
Chaise lounge in living area
Live Oak table/seat expands sitting area
Table and 4 chairs inside. Two more tables and 4 stools outside on porch.
View of Bathroom from Master Bedroom
Double-Bed Bunks in 2nd bedroom sleeps four people easily
16' Canoe on property for your use
The girls and I had great fun in building a step onto our pier.
A view of the river and the pool from the porch
Some of the ducks we've watched grow up!
Under house has table & chairs, swing, a hammock & always a cool breeze
Private, concrete boat launch on site
Swing in the hammock right on the river banks!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, August 20, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.