Beautiful Clean Well Maintained Cabins on the Banks of the Salt River.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Alpine cabin description
The Rockin' M Ranch consists of seven cabins and the main house. The cabins are beautiful log construction with a rustic western appearance, but all have many modern conveniences, including full kitchens (stocked with dishes and basic cooking utensils), gas fireplace, direct T.V., covered decks, gas barbeque grills, and onsite wifi. On the premises we also have two hot tubs centrally located among the cabins and a horseshoe and firepit for the evening hours. We also have an onsite guide service for fly fishing drift boat trips and daily horseback rides onsite. Our Salt River location creates an atmosphere like no other vacation rental property in the area. The Rockin' M in not just a place to stay but a genuine western Wyoming experience!
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Kitchen is well equipped with basic cooking supplies including pots, pans, dishes, glasses, bowls, mixing bowls, tins, can opener, dish clothes, towels, etc. Gas Barbeque grill on the deck....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Skiing
- Hunting Big Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Massage Therapist
- Equestrian Events
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- The Rockin M Cabins are located on the Northern end of Star Valley Wyoming, 4 miles South of Alpine,Wyoming. Our location on the banks of the Salt River provide for incredible Fly Fishing within walking distance and a unique natural setting like few other properties in the valley. Within 100 yards of the cabins there are two stocked fishing ponds and a natural spring creek running into the Salt River. Cutthroat, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, and Brook Trout have all been caught within sight of the cabins. We also border a 400 acre state property allowing access to 1 mile of wadable fishing on both sides of the Salt river upstream from the cabins. We also have an onsite boat ramp for guests staying at the cabins. In addition to the excellent fishing opportunities we also offer daily horseback rides from the cabin location. Within five miles of the cabins is Palisades Lake. This is a 18 mile long lake providing fishing and water sport opportunities. 9 miles from the cabins is the take out of the famous Snake River Canyon whitewater section. This can be rafted or kayed privately or through one of the many whitewater companies. Rafts are available for rent in the town of Alpine. Alpine is surrounded by National Forest in all directions. Scenic drives, hiking opportunities, and wildlife viewing are endless in this area. It would be a shame for anyone staying in the area to not take a drive up the Greys River Canyon. The Greys River is 60 miles of natural river among the Bridger National forest parting the Wyoming and Salt River Mountain Ranges. These mountain ranges have peaks up to 11,000 feet. Within 36 miles of Alpine is Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The drive up the Snake River Canyon from Alpine to Jackson is breathtaking. Jackson Hole offers hundreds of restaurants, endless shopping, and many additional outdoor activities. Jackson is the gateway to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Discounts: 3 nights or more: $199 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
First two nights is charged as a non-refundable deposit upon reservation.
The entire balance is charged 30 days prior to the reservation.
A MasterCard or visa number is required for all rentals.
We do accept checks as long as a credit card number is provided for security and check is mailed immediately.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
5 % sales tax
No lodging tax
No cleaning fee
Please call us in person for availability and reservations. Due to owning multiple cabins, we are not able to use the calender system.
Thanks, Rob and Jamie (307) 654-2288
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Jackson Hole, Wyoming at 49 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 89 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: California at 1000 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bull Moose Saloon(Alpine) at 4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Jackson Hole/Snow King at 39 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Star Valley Ranch at 12 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Tootsies (Alpine) at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: We are Rob and Jamie Meikle owners and operators of the Rockin M Ranch Cabins. My background since 1993 was in guiding hunting trips, guided fly fishing, and snowmobile tours. My wife Jamie was a bookeeper and accountant. We have put all of our energy and knowledge into building the Rockin M Ranch. We live onsite and work daily within the business. My wife Jamie takes great pride in keeping the cabins incredibly clean and in a like new condition. My hired guides and I personally offer flyfishing and horseback rides on a daily basis for guest and non guests of the cabins.
Why the Owner Chose Alpine:
There is no other property like this in Star Valley. This property has a very unique location bordering a 400 acre state property which encompasses 1 mile of one of the best braided sections of the Salt River. Besides wonderful fishing, the river invites many types of wildlife to it's banks.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
There is no other property like this in Star Valley. The location on the river creates an atmosphere that is unique to staying at the Rockin' M cabins. Mountain and river views, beautiful sunsets, onsite wilflife sitings, coyotes howling, swans, waterfowl, ospreys and bald eagles flying overhead, just a few of the common sites enjoyed at the cabins. Many of our guests rarely need leave the cabin site to recreate.
- Primary: 307-654-2288
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Onsite Rockin' M Horseback ride stables and hitching post.
Rockin' M horseback ride in September colors.
Drift boat fly fishing trip on the Salt River.
Don with a great green river brown trout.
Young angler Zane caught his own Cutthroat in the stocked ponds.
Rockin' M Cabins (Salt River in foreground)
View from cabin in September
Horseback ride crossing the Salt River.
Rockin' M Horseback Ride West of cabins (Targhee National Forest)
View from the horseback ride 'Vista' Half day ride.
Jim holding a big Salt River cutthroat trout.
This pig Salt River brown caught onsite at the Rockin' M.
Tassie with a nice Palisades Lake Trout.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.