The Sky Suite: Mountain Top Octagon with 360* Majestic Mountain View
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Monte Rio house description
2 bedrooms (full-size bed/ memory foam mattress) / 2 full baths: main bath has Spa/Jetted Shower/soak bath combo; guest bath has walk-in Spa/Jetted Shower; large screen LED tv & dvd in every room, WiFi; FULL kitchen, gas fireplace, wrap-around-deck with breathtaking panoramic mountain views, hot tub/spa, plus outdoor gas grill.
Add the 'Sunrise Studio' guest house ( www.airbnb.com/rooms/1014242) on the same property, as an additional rental and special offer, sleeps 8 total!
Welcome to your Mountain retreat/getaway to awe and wonder evoked by beautiful views and the great memories you'll create here! The radio show On Being, aired an interview with Esther Sternberg called 'The Science of HEALING PLACES.' In it, Esther Sternberg, an immunologist and pioneer in the field of environmental psychology, related her excitement about discovering that there are measurable physiological and neuroscientific bases to the feeling of AWE and WONDER evoked by BEAUTIFUL VIEWS or by places that trigger GOOD MEMORIES. This is the setting for your restoration and transformation: 'I firmly believe from what I have seen that this is the chosen spot of all the earth as far as nature is concerned,' horticulturist Luther Burbank said of Sonoma County
Napa & Sonoma counties are all about our Mother Nature’s great views, great wines (lots of vineyards!) and great food (great spas too!). And the North Bay Bohemian area of Cazadero (Northwestern Sonoma County) where the Sky Suite is situated, is no exception! I eagerly await your visit !!!
About 75 miles north of San Francisco lies the Russian River Valley, which was nominated as one of the Wine Regions of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2011. In the heart of beautiful coastal Sonoma County Wine Country you’ll find The Sky Suite on Sunrise Mountain encircled by sun, stars, moon and massive redwoods.
“Few wine regions evoke more vivid impressions of great wine, stunning landscapes and friendly people than the Russian River Valley. World-class Zinfandels and Petite Sirahs abound, often from gnarled, centenarian vineyards. Rhône varieties, both red and white, as well as great Chardonnays join the valley’s crown jewel: Pinot Noir, now coming off a stellar string of vintages” (Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2011).
The Sky Suite, in its beautiful private Mountain Retreat setting, creates an ideal environment for your memorable getaway, for ...
* Private wedding, Vow renewal, (see www.RevDrJoe.com) or honeymoon
* Times of reflection, indoors or while out “sunning” on the deck with cool mountain breezes with lots of privacy.
* Uninterrupted rest & relaxation or constant opportunities for vacation related activities in Wine Country & Sonoma Coast
* Hiking, walking or biking in the serenity of nature (ocean, river, mountain, valley...Redwoods!)
* Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or lazy river tube floating in the near-by Russian River or walking in Austin Creek just down the hill!
* Concentrated reading or writing and reflection
* Extended solitude for contemplation and transformation
* Rejuvenation...with an invigorating on-site spa shower massage. Or massage (nearby or out-call) and hot tub available to renew and revive. Although we offer a spectacular shower experience and on-site outdoor hot tub... we are happy to recommend...
--Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary - just 10 miles away in Freestone. Phone: 707.823.8231
--The Spa at Applewood - just 5 miles east in Guerneville. Phone: 707.869.9093
--Or enjoy a hot stone/deep tissue rhythm massage (Swedish/Thai) at Patte's Guerneville parlor or here at The Studio. Schedule @ www.pattesmassage.com (707-869-2052)
…..and We are Pet Friendly: Pets are welcomed (No FINE print; see pet fee policy under 'RENTAL Agreement' tab; pets must have own bedding!)
--Easy On Sunday Mornings: Make it a longer weekend. Stay Friday & Saturday, and then enjoy a late (2pm) Sunday checkout, if available; extra time for wine tasting, Sunday brunch at a local restaurant, or just lounging by the fireside in your suite or on your deck with a favorite book (No FINE print: see RENTAL Policy).
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Unfortunately, due to safety concerns, the property is NOT suitable for children under 14. This elegantly appointed home is not 'child proof'. Please be respectful of the property. Roughhousing or 'horseplay' is dangerous & forbidden due to the elevated large floor to ceiling windows. Extreme caution is required when using the spa due to it's location and your child's developing major internal organs (heart, etc) which extended heat may damage or be fatal. For safety, children must not be unsupervised when on the elevated wrap around decking....moreless
Our properties are pet friendly :) However, pets are not permitted on the furniture or on beds/bedding; must bring their own bedding. An additional pet fee of $35/night per pet. If booking, please indicate number of pets you are bringing ___ @ $35/night per pet = $_____. ...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating ONLY; local dining options out/in are available. The kitchen is fully stocked with most utensils you'll need for serving or reheating...moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Unfortunately, due to safety concerns, the property is not suitable for children under 14. Although no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating only; local dining options out/in are available. The kitchen in The Sky Suite is fully stocked with most utensils you'll need for serving or reheating prepared meals and snacks; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven; stove &/or outdoor grill. You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
Drive 7 miles (12mins) to world renown 9 hole course at Northwood Golf Club in Monte Rio or drive 35 mins down the coast to world class golf with grand ocean views on The Links @ at Bodega Bay...moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Equestrian Events
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Great Views...Great Wines...Great Food! If you’re planning to fly here, you may wish to consider using Kayak.com for your best price option; then select your carrier. If financially feasible, fly into Sonoma County Airport(STS) (only a 45 min scenic drive along the Russian River); but these other options are fine: San Francisco Airport (SFO) or Oakland Airport (OAK) (both 120 mins) or even San Jose Airport (140 mins) or Sacramento Airport (150 mins). You'll want to rent a vehicle for touring, but, if not, check ground transportation to and from SFO or OAK...from STS (Sonoma County Airport) via the Airport Express shuttle! I eagerly await your visit !!! On the way here, you’ll drive along River Rd/the Russian River past Martinell’s and the Michelin highly-rated Farm House Restaurant and Inn, and the bubbly celebration of Korbel. Once you’re here, you’ll find the octagonal Sky Suite (A.K.A. The Mother Ship or Starship, given the star- studded canopy! ) ...with the guest house, is located a half-mile (7/10) up the steep hill of Sunrise Mountain Road from beautiful Austin Creek, but only 5 mins to the majestic Russian River (kayaking), or to morning coffee/breakfast (Yum!) or Friday night pizza & beer/wine at wonderful Raymond's Cafe/Bakery right here in quaint Cazadero, and exceptional local organic wines; or only 10mins from the wineries or the coast! I haven’t even mentioned it's only a beautiful 90 min scenic drive (full-day visit?) to the heart of Napa Valley: Calistoga (hot springs & mud baths; best BBQ), Culinary Institute of America, great boutiques/shops in St. Helena, wineries and world famous restaurants (The French Laundry) in Yountville, Rutherford, and Oakville; plus Napa’s downtown and The Wine Train. Come, relax and enjoy, here in the Russian River Valley Resort Area! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Read the fine print
Read the fine print
The house is nice but make sure you read the fine print before you rent, and there is a lot of it. The price stated is just the starting point. We ended up spending almost twice as much for our weekend than we thought we would. The view is incredible and the location is great. You may not get much privacy though. The other guest house is close and we had 2 different sets of people staying there at the same time. The owner comes and goes a lot too so you never really feel like you have privacy.
- Guest Emily W.
- Date of stay 11/28/13
- Review Submitted 12/05/13
this vacation rental had lovely views and was very clean and comfortable. The owner, Dr. Joe, was warm, welcoming, and helpful when we arrived. I could have sat on the deck for the whole 3 days just watching the changing light on the trees. I will return to this home again. It is perfect for a writing retreat or a way station while visiting the many beautiful places in the area.
- Guest Michele E.
- Date of stay 07/22/13
- Review Submitted 08/02/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thanks, Mickey, it was a pleasure hosting your visit. Thanks for being respectful of the space inside and out! It was a perfect match: The Sky Suite seemed to suit you well, and you seemed to suit the space well. A return visit from you would be most welcomed :)
Peaceful Getaway for Adults
Peaceful Getaway for Adults
I spent the July 4th long weekend at the Sky Suite with a group of friends. The house is modern, clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. Dr. Joe greeted us personally when we checked in and gave us a tour of the house. He was also fairly responsive to questions before, during, and after our stay. PROS: Since the house is elevated, the view from the deck is breathtaking! Everything in the house seems fairly new and/or well-maintained. The house has modern conveniences (TV, Wifi, massage chair, hot tub), but it's surrounded by nature, so you get the best of both worlds. We used the kitchen a lot and it's spacious enough for at least 3 people to prepare food at the same time. CONS: The house is close to Russian River (about 20 minutes away from Monte Rio and 25 minutes from Guerneville), but it's not right on the river. It's not a bad drive, but it would have been nice to be a short walk from the river. Since Dr, Joe stays at the house when no one is renting it, there are nice things in the house that belong to him and the fixtures are more delicate than the fixtures in a permanent rental place. We felt like we had to be very careful with everything in the house and we accidentally broke a glass soap dish. TIPS: Make sure you know how to get there beforehand, because you will lose GPS and cell signal intermittently on the way up to the house. Bring some extra layers of clothing because it can get chilly in the evening. If early morning light bothers you, bring an eye mask, because the Sky Suite has lots of windows! Overall, it was a great place to stay and Dr. Joe works hard to make the experience special for his guests.
- Guest Melanie A.
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 07/13/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, tourists without a car.
In the "Sky Suite" where I stayed while I was on Retreat, I was engulfed in God's beautiful nature. As you look outside the glass doors you are surrounded by God's mountain of trees, soft patches of green to the left of the sky line. The sunlight poured through the trees to warm you with God's unending love. This, coupled with Dr. Joe's loving concern and personal insight made a lasting mark on my heart and soul.
- Guest Virginia (Bethlehem, PA)
- Date of stay 03/12/13
- Review Submitted 04/20/13
Owner response: You're so right about The Sky Suite; the breathtaking views do have a way of filling us with loving inspiration; reminding us of just how much we are loved, of how much the Universe Loves us and sustains us. I trust the memories you created here while on Retreat will remain with you as a wonderful time in your life! I look forward to your next visit. Thank you, again! Best Wishes for every happiness! Dr. Joe
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Spring into Summer
May 23 - May 26, 2014
3 night min stay
|Light Up the Night-Sky
Jun 26 - Jul 6, 2014
3 night min stay
|End of Summer Spree
Aug 31 - Sep 2, 2014
3 night min stay
|All Hallows Eve Mash
Oct 30 - Nov 3, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 4 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
CHILDREN: due to safety concerns, the property is not suitable for children under 14.
HOUSEKEEPING: Housekeeping during your stay is optional/extra fee. If you'd like to have a housekeeper visit, advanced notice is required.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning: $150
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco at 98 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 116 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Monte Rio and Jenner by the sea at 7 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Blue Heron at 4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe at 200 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Northwood at 7.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Blue Heron and Cape Fear at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I'm The Reverend Dr. Joseph E. Indano. I am an ordained and licensed Presbyterian Church, USA clergyman, and contemplative guide as well as a Bay Area Wedding Officiant, Napa Wedding Officiant and Vow Renewal Celebrant through Ceremonies Celebrating LOVE! by Rev Dr Joe (www.RevDrJoe.com). My doctor's degree is in Ministry/Counseling Psychology. I am a certified hypnotherapist and a Pastoral Counselor providing pre-marital counseling, etc. For me, being a contemplative spiritual guide is a way of life as well as a ministry. Being a contemplative is a way of life that invites us to trust the subtle, liberating power of LOVE as it mysteriously flows within, among, and far beyond each of us. It can be a path, a gate, a doorway to Renew, Reflect, Revive here at the Russian River Rental and Retreat house. Meanwhile, I wish you peace, love and much joy as you prepare to Come To Cazadero! ...to Renew... Reflect... and Revive here in Northern California's Russian River Rental & Retreat site.
Why the Owner Chose Monte Rio:
The Sky Suite is an elevated Octagon...an 8-sided structure. For some, most importantly the “Topsider” (in addition to providing a 360 degree panoramic mountain view!) is a hurricane and earthquake resistant house :) Majestic Redwoods, wonderful Russian River amenities, magnificent coastline, breathtaking vistas...Welcome to The 'Sky Suite', a Sonoma Coast & Wine Country Mountain Retreat & Resort Rental. For purposes of “what season clothes to pack?”, (wear layers for cool nights/mornings and warm sunny days) check the Weather Center: Dining Options: Although no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating only; local dining options out/in are available. The kitchen in The Sky Suite is fully stocked with most utensils you'll need for serving or reheating prepared meals and snacks; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven; stove & outdoor grill. You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and the Safeway. Note: There will be an extra $75 cleaning fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking. (No FINE print; read RENTAL POLICY) Comforts of Home: Linens are provided; * Bed linens, blankets and pillows can be found in each suite. * Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided (on premise use ONLY); please BRING YOUR OWN BEACH towels * Bring your own toiletries.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Save $60 an hour.....Did you notice the soothing yet invigorating and ultimately relaxing/stress relieving leather Robotic Massage Chair in the living area? It's there for your enjoyment! (Kindly be sure to be 'kind' and not misuse the control panel; be kind to the earth by unplugging the unit upon completion!). Thanks, enjoy!
- Primary: +1 7072008220 9 am - 6 pm pacific time zone
- Fax: +1 7076324075 call 7072008220 first to request fax set-up
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Your spectacular view from The Sky Suite Octagon on Sunrise Mountain
Spacious and open yet welcoming and comfy!
Enjoy a quick getaway or spend the holidays; relaxing evenings by the fireside and 46' SmartTV
guest bath with walk-in jetted/spa shower
master bath with soak tub and jetted/spa shower
Your 5-6 person spa offers a waterfall feature for soothing neck and shoulders
Light my way as I walk among majestic redwoods.
Enjoy magnificent sunsets along Sonoma Coast on your way home to the Sky Suite
Dancing clouds pass below your living room and deck
Enjoy warm sunshine among cool mountain breezes
Pine Cones & Leaves: 2nd Bedroom (NW); antique dark walnut Head & foot board
Madrone and Horses: 1st Bedroom (SE) Antique Italian and period furniture
The Sky Suite: an octagon perched in the trees; most windows are floor-to-ceiling
Lay back and relax with a spa massage while enjoying the mountain view
visit Jenner-by-the-Sea for great coffee, food and views; kayak rental available
Welcome to The Sky Suite! I'm Dr. Joe and I'm delighted to be your host :)
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, February 25, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.