The Sky Suite: Mountain Top Octagon with 360* Majestic Mountain View
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Duncans Mills house description
2 bedrooms/2 full baths; large screen LED tv & dvd in every room, WiFi; main bath has Spa/Jetted Shower/soak bath combo; guest bath has walk-in Spa/Jetted Shower; FULL kitchen, gas fireplace, wrap-around-deck with breathtaking panoramic mountain views, hot tub/spa, plus outdoor gas grill.
Add the 'Sunrise Studio' guest house ( www.airbnb.com/rooms/1014242) on the same property, as an additional rental, sleeps 8 total!
(Rates are based on 2 guests; add $75 per night, per additional guest).
Welcome to your Mountain retreat/getaway to awe and wonder evoked by beautiful views and the great memories you'll create here! The radio show On Being, aired an interview with Esther Sternberg called 'The Science of HEALING PLACES.' In it, Esther Sternberg, an immunologist and pioneer in the field of environmental psychology, related her excitement about discovering that there are measurable physiological and neuroscientific bases to the feeling of AWE and WONDER evoked by BEAUTIFUL VIEWS or by places that trigger GOOD MEMORIES. This is the setting for your restoration and transformation: 'I firmly believe from what I have seen that this is the chosen spot of all the earth as far as nature is concerned,' horticulturist Luther Burbank said of Sonoma County
Great Views...Great Wines...Great Food! Napa & Sonoma counties are all about our Mother Nature’s great views, great wines (lots of vineyards!) and great food (great spas too!). And the North Bay Bohemian area of Cazadero (Northwestern Sonoma County) where the Sky Suite/ Theosphere is situated, is no exception! I eagerly await your visit !!!
About 75 miles north of San Francisco lies the Russian River Valley, which was nominated as one of the Wine Regions of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2011. In the heart of beautiful coastal Sonoma County Wine Country you’ll find The Sky Suite on Sunrise Mountain encircled by sun, stars, moon and massive redwoods.
“Few wine regions evoke more vivid impressions of great wine, stunning landscapes and friendly people than the Russian River Valley. World-class Zinfandels and Petite Sirahs abound, often from gnarled, centenarian vineyards. Rhône varieties, both red and white, as well as great Chardonnays join the valley’s crown jewel: Pinot Noir, now coming off a stellar string of vintages” (Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2011).
The Sky Suite, in its beautiful private Mountain Retreat setting, creates an ideal environment for a writer's/musician's retreat or clergy/religious, health professionals, or YOU, for...
* Private wedding, Vow renewal, (see www.RevDrJoe.com) or honeymoon
* Times of reflection, indoors or while out “sunning” on the deck with cool mountain breezes with lots of privacy.
* Uninterrupted rest & relaxation or constant opportunities for vacation related activities in Wine Country & Sonoma Coast
* Hiking, walking or biking in the serenity of nature (ocean, river, mountain, valley...Redwoods!)
* Swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, or lazy river tube floating in the near-by Russian River or walking in Austin Creek just down the hill!
* Concentrated reading or writing and reflection
* Extended solitude for contemplation and transformation
* Rejuvenate...with an invigorating on-site spa shower massage. Or massage (nearby or out-call) and hot tub available to renew and revive. Although we offer a spectacular shower experience and on-site outdoor hot tub... we are happy to recommend...
--Osmosis Day Spa Sanctuary - just 10 miles away in Freestone. Phone: 707.823.8231
--The Spa at Applewood - just 5 miles east in Guerneville. Phone: 707.869.9093
--Or enjoy a hot stone/deep tissue rhythm massage (Swedish/Thai) at Patte's Guerneville parlor or here at The Studio. Schedule @ www.pattesmassage.com (707-869-2052)
…..and We are Pet Friendly: Pets are welcomed (see pet fee policy under 'House Rules' tab; pets must have own bedding!)
--Easy On Sunday Mornings: Make it a longer weekend. Stay Friday & Saturday, and then enjoy a late (2pm) Sunday checkout, if available; extra time for wine tasting, Sunday brunch at a local restaurant, or just lounging by the fireside in your suite or on your deck with a favorite book (see Policy).
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Our properties are pet friendly :) However, pets are not permitted on the furniture or on beds/bedding; must bring their own bedding. An additional pet fee of $35/night per pet. If booking, please indicate number of pets you are bringing ___ @ $35/night per pet = $_____. ...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- 2 full bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating only; local dining options out/in are available. The kitchen is fully stocked with most utensils you'll need for serving or reheating...moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Unfortunately, due to safety concerns, the property is not suitable for children. Although no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating only; local dining options out/in are available. The kitchen in The Sky Suite is fully stocked with most utensils you'll need for serving or reheating prepared meals and snacks; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven; stove &/or outdoor grill. You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
Drive 7 miles (12mins) to world renown 9 hole course at Northwood Golf Club in Monte Rio or drive 35 mins down the coast to world class golf with grand ocean views on The Links @ at Bodega Bay...moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Whale Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Great Views...Great Wines...Great Food! Napa & Sonoma counties are all about our Mother Nature’s great views, great wines (lots of vineyards!) and great food (great spas too!). And the North Bay Bohemian area of Cazadero (Northwestern Sonoma County) where Theosphere is situated, is no exception! I eagerly await your visit !!! On the way here, you’ll drive along River Rd/the Russian River past Martinell’s and the Michelin highly-rated Farm House Restaurant and Inn, and the bubbly celebration of Korbel. Once you’re here, you’ll find The Theosphere: octagonal Sky Suite (A.K.A. The Mother Ship or Starship, given the star- studded canopy! ) ...with the guest house, is located a half-mile (7/10) up the steep hill of Sunrise Mountain Road from beautiful Austin Creek, but only 5 mins to the majestic Russian River (kayaking), or to morning coffee/breakfast (Yum!) or Friday night pizza & beer/wine at wonderful Raymond's Cafe/Bakery right here in quaint Cazadero, and exceptional local organic wines; or only 10mins from the wineries or the coast! If you’re interested, after sharing some of my homemade biscotti along with great organic coffee, I'll introduce you to the local area when you visit! You’re 7-10 mins from quaint Duncans Mills for the best organic fresh roasted coffee/espresso, art galleries, antiques, shops, Friday night Happy-Hour at Sophie’s Cellars and dining at Cape Fear or The Blue Heron. Or buying some Sustainable Seeds for back home, playing world famous 9 hole Golf (w/great Sunday Brunch Buffet) in Monte-Rio Vacation Wonderland enjoying both the fabulous (inexpensive!) 'funky' & artsy movie house The Rio and the Pegasus Theater (playhouse); as well as great walks on the coastal beach & dining (Cafe Aquatica for all organic coffee, breakfast, lunch/soup!) or sunset dining at River’s End and Timber Cove in (see video) Jenner-By-The-Sea. In 15-20 mins, there's the Love/Peace/Joy/Diversity of big-town/nightlife in Guerneville; or only 30mins to great Fog dog pinot noir wine tasting at Freestone Vineyard Estates, ”Osmosis Spa Sanctuary”: best spa ever, and the best organic Wildflour Bakery (sticky buns!...yummy) in the North Bay Area in Freestone! Also, The Theosphere Rental is just a 35 min drive along River Rd/the Russian River to the Michelin highly-rated (click) Farm House Restaurant and Inn, and the bubbly celebration of Korbel ; or drive 35 mins southwest along the beautiful Sonoma Coast (Coastal Highway 1) grand views to the golfcourse and beaches of Bodega Bay and it’s exclusive Clubhouse (heated pool) & only 45mins drive (SE) through the mountain area to sustainable Sebastopol restaurants, Art & Film center, and shopping or (NE) to classy Healdsburg. Majestic hiking & biking trails are found throughout the scenic region (hope you like Redwoods, Firs, Pines, Walnut, bay and fiery barked Madrone!). Located 30 mins SW on 360 acres in the coastal hills above Bodega Bay, Ocean Song is a learning center with day hikes which inspires and educates people of all ages to live in harmony with our Mother nature. I haven’t even mentioned it's only a beautiful 90 min scenic drive (full-day visit?) to the heart of Napa Valley: Calistoga (hot springs & mud baths; best BBQ), Culinary Institute of America, great boutiques/shops in St. Helena, wineries and world famous restaurants (The French Laundry) in Yountville, Rutherford, and Oakville; plus Napa’s downtown and The Wine Train. Come, relax and enjoy, here in the Russian River Valley Resort Area! Best Wishes, Dr. Joe...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
this vacation rental had lovely views and was very clean and comfortable. The owner, Dr. Joe, was warm, welcoming, and helpful when we arrived. I could have sat on the deck for the whole 3 days just watching the changing light on the trees. I will return to this home again. It is perfect for a writing retreat or a way station while visiting the many beautiful places in the area.
- Guest Michele E.
- Date of stay 07/22/13
- Review Submitted 08/02/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thanks, Mickey, it was a pleasure hosting your visit. Thanks for being respectful of the space inside and out! It was a perfect match: The Sky Suite seemed to suit you well, and you seemed to suit the space well. A return visit from you would be most welcomed :)
Peaceful Getaway for Adults
Peaceful Getaway for Adults
I spent the July 4th long weekend at the Sky Suite with a group of friends. The house is modern, clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed. Dr. Joe greeted us personally when we checked in and gave us a tour of the house. He was also fairly responsive to questions before, during, and after our stay. PROS: Since the house is elevated, the view from the deck is breathtaking! Everything in the house seems fairly new and/or well-maintained. The house has modern conveniences (TV, Wifi, massage chair, hot tub), but it's surrounded by nature, so you get the best of both worlds. We used the kitchen a lot and it's spacious enough for at least 3 people to prepare food at the same time. CONS: The house is close to Russian River (about 20 minutes away from Monte Rio and 25 minutes from Guerneville), but it's not right on the river. It's not a bad drive, but it would have been nice to be a short walk from the river. Since Dr, Joe stays at the house when no one is renting it, there are nice things in the house that belong to him and the fixtures are more delicate than the fixtures in a permanent rental place. We felt like we had to be very careful with everything in the house and we accidentally broke a glass soap dish. TIPS: Make sure you know how to get there beforehand, because you will lose GPS and cell signal intermittently on the way up to the house. Bring some extra layers of clothing because it can get chilly in the evening. If early morning light bothers you, bring an eye mask, because the Sky Suite has lots of windows! Overall, it was a great place to stay and Dr. Joe works hard to make the experience special for his guests.
- Guest Melanie A.
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 07/13/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, tourists without a car.
In the "Sky Suite" where I stayed while I was on Retreat, I was engulfed in God's beautiful nature. As you look outside the glass doors you are surrounded by God's mountain of trees, soft patches of green to the left of the sky line. The sunlight poured through the trees to warm you with God's unending love. This, coupled with Dr. Joe's loving concern and personal insight made a lasting mark on my heart and soul.
- Guest Virginia (Bethlehem, PA)
- Date of stay 03/12/13
- Review Submitted 04/20/13
Owner response: You're so right about The Sky Suite; the breathtaking views do have a way of filling us with loving inspiration; reminding us of just how much we are loved, of how much the Universe Loves us and sustains us. I trust the memories you created here while on Retreat will remain with you as a wonderful time in your life! I look forward to your next visit. Thank you, again! Best Wishes for every happiness! Dr. Joe
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 27 - Dec 30, 2013
3 night min stay
|For Auld Lang Syne
Dec 31 - Jan 4, 2014
3 night min stay
|Love's Winter Cuddle-up
Feb 13 - Feb 15, 2014
2 night min stay
|Spring into Summer
May 23 - Jun 5, 2014
3 night min stay
|Light Up the Night-Sky
Jun 26 - Jul 6, 2014
3 night min stay
|End of Summer Spree
Aug 24 - Sep 7, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $75 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
CHILDREN: due to safety concerns, the property is not suitable for children.
HOUSEKEEPING: Housekeeping during your stay is optional/extra fee. If you'd like to have a housekeeper visit, advanced notice is required.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Cleaning: $150
- Taxes Included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco at 98 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 116 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Monte Rio and Jenner by the sea at 7 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Blue Heron at 4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe at 200 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Northwood at 7.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Blue Heron and Cape Fear at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I'm The Reverend Dr. Joseph E. Indano. I am an ordained and licensed Presbyterian Church, USA / Christian clergyman, and contemplative guide as well as a Bay Area Wedding Officiant, Napa Wedding Officiant and Vow Renewal Celebrant through Ceremonies Celebrating love by Rev Dr Joe (www.RevDrJoe.com). My doctor's degree is in Ministry/Counseling Psychology. I am a certified hypnotherapist and a Pastoral Counselor providing pre-marital counseling, etc. For me, being a contemplative spiritual guide is a way of life as well as a ministry. Being a contemplative is a way of life that invites us to trust the subtle, liberating power of LOVE as it mysteriously flows within, among, and far beyond each of us. It can be a path, a gate, a doorway to Renew, Reflect, Revive here at the Russian River Rental and Retreat house. Meanwhile, I wish you peace, love and much joy as you prepare to Come To Cazadero! ...to Renew... Reflect... and Revive here in Northern California's Russian River Rental & Retreat site. My Favorite leisure activity: Meeting friends, outdoor adventures, dancing and culinary arts/baking My Favorite TV-show: I love the cinema and my nightly movies My Favorite books: J.R.R. Tolkien, Ken Wilbur, Joseph Campbell, Candice Pert, Andrew Harvey, Henri Nouwen, The Mystics, Rumi, Hafiz, Arthur Rex, The White Company, Hermann Hesse, Herman Melville, Walt Whitman, D.H. Lawrence, Thoreau, Shakespeare My Favorite music: Neil Young, Jonathan Edwards, BeeGees, Pointer Sisters, Jazz, Classical, Opera, 50's&60's, the Grease Band, Full Frontal Folk My Favorite drink: Sunday morning coffee, dark beer, organic red wines, filtered water & herb teas, vodka and tonic, and Anthony's Holiday mix My Favorite meal: Seafood, Mom's homemade Italian food and biscotti, Anthony's breakfast special My Favorite country for traveling: Italy... My Favorite quotes: 'The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection'
Why the Owner Chose Duncans Mills:
The Sky Suite is an elevated Octagon...an 8-sided structure. For some, most importantly the “Topsider” (in addition to providing a 360 degree panoramic mountain view!) is a hurricane and earthquake resistant house :) Majestic Redwoods, wonderful Russian River amenities, magnificent coastline, breathtaking vistas...Welcome to The Theosphere: 'Sky Suite', a Sonoma Coast & Wine Country Mountain Retreat & Resort Rental. If you’re planning to fly here, you may wish to consider using Kayak.com for your best price option; then select your carrier. If financially feasible, fly into Sonoma County Airport(STS) (only a 45 min scenic drive along the Russian River); but these other options are fine: San Francisco Airport (SFO) or Oakland Airport (OAK) (both 120 mins) or even San Jose Airport (140 mins) or Sacramento Airport (150 mins). You'll want to rent a vehicle for touring, but, if not, check ground transportation to and from SFO or OAK...from STS (Sonoma County Airport) via the Airport Express shuttle! For purposes of “what season clothes to pack?”, (wear layers for cool nights/mornings and warm sunny days) check the Weather Center: Dining Options: Although no meals are included, you may bring prepared food for reheating only; local dining options out/in are available. The kitchen in The Sky Suite is fully stocked with most utensils you'll need for serving or reheating prepared meals and snacks; including a refrigerator, microwave and toaster oven; stove &/or outdoor grill. You're also welcome to patronize local organic grocery, coffee/cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and a supermarket. Note: There will be an extra $75 cleaning fee due at check-out, if there is extensive food preparation & cooking. Comforts of Home: Linens are provided; * Bed linens, blankets and pillows can be found in each suite. * Towels for kitchen and bath are also provided (on premise use ONLY); please BRING YOUR OWN BEACH towels * Bring your own toiletries.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Save $60 an hour.....Did you notice the soothing yet invigorating and ultimately relaxing/stress relieving leather Robotic Massage Chair in the living area? It's there for your enjoyment! (Kindly be sure to be 'kind' and not misuse the control panel; be kind to the earth by unplugging the unit upon completion!). Thanks, enjoy!
- Primary: +1 7072008220 9 am - 6 pm pacific time zone
- Fax: +1 7076324075 call 7072008220 first to request fax set-up
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Your view from The Sky Suite on Sunrise Mountain
Spacious and open yet welcoming and comfy!
Pine Cones & Leaves: 2nd Bedroom (NW); antique dark walnut Head & foot board
Madrone and Horses: 1st Bedroom (SE) Antique Italian and period furniture
The Sky Suite: an octagon perched in the trees; most windows are floor-to-ceiling
visit Jenner-by-the-Sea for great coffee, food and views; kayak rental available
Welcome to The Sky Suite! I'm Dr. Joe and I'm delighted to be your host :)
Dancing clouds pass below your living room and deck
Enjoy warm sunshine among cool mountain breezes
guest bath with walk-in jetted/spa shower
master bath with soak tub and jetted/spa shower
Light my way as I walk among majestic redwoods.
Enjoy magnificent sunsets along Sonoma Coast on your way home to the Sky Suite
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!