Colorado Rocky Mountain Get-Away
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Florissant house description
Our home has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms all newly redecorated and ready for a family, small group or individual to come and escape and enjoy Rocky Mountain beauty and quiet. Situated in a small neighborhood, the home is secluded by trees but still near conveniences and fun activities. Our home comfortably sleeps 8 with four bedrooms, two with a queen bed in each, and two bedrooms with two twins in each. All of the rooms have views of trees and wildlife. Upstairs there is a living room with vaulted ceilings, a wood burning stove and a sliding glass door that leads to the wrap around deck, perfect for sitting and reading or just enjoying the quiet. The kitchen is connected to the living room and has a stove, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, toaster and is fully stocked with dishes, silverware and cookware. Downstairs you will find a media/family room with 2 couches and a television (with movies on DVD and VHS) as well as a PS-2 player with various games. A telephone is available for local calls. There is a small fenced-in yard with a sitting area and grassy section where little ones can play or 1.6 acres of treed land surrounding the house. We hope you will come and enjoy our home and find the rest and adventure you're looking for in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.
- 1700 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Linens Provided
- Wood Stove
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Video Games
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Rock Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Fitness Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Wildlife Viewing
- Nestled in the mountains behind Pikes Peak in a treed residential area, this 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home sits on 1.6 acres and offers a secluded get away from the busyness of everyday life while still being conveniently located near countless activities and attractions. Sit on the wrap around deck and watch the deer graze or visit the many activities nearby like The Wolf and Wildlife Center, just 2 minutes away. Also nearby are the Florissant Fossil Beds, Mueller State Park (hiking), 11 Mile State Park (Lake & River Fishing), Cripple Creek (Gambling and historical sites), Woodland Park (shopping/dining), Historical Manitou Springs (shopping), Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Cave of the Winds and Pikes Peak, or visit Santa's Workshop at the base of Pikes Peak, to name just a few. Colorado Springs has tons to offer with Garden of the Gods, The Air Force Academy, Old Colorado City, the Olympic Training Center and Red Rock Canyon not to mention restaurants, malls and bike trails. All of these activities are less than 50 minutes away from this home that feels like a mountain escape. If you want to go west you can find various historical mountain towns, including Fairplay (with a re-created ghost town), Buena Vista (with hot springs and horseback riding), Salida (a beautiful town great for shopping and rafting), and Breckenridge (skiing). Whether you want to stay close to home and just enjoy an escape from a frantic schedule or you're looking for adventure, you'll find it here. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Its a wonderful quiet retreat. We loved staying here during the 4th of July week. Loved seeing the deers walk by. Our son who is 3 loved the numerous games and the DVDs which are available in the house. Holly drove 2 hours to give us a key to the laundry room - they were truely very helpful.
- Guest leisure traveler (Omaha, NE)
- Date of stay 06/30/13
- Review Submitted 08/27/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Peaceful and family friendly
Peaceful and family friendly
Holly and Mike were beyond accommodating, taking our last-minute reservation and early arrival with kind hospitality. The home was spotless, spacious and VERY family friendly. Our kids had a ball watching the deer, blue jays and moths of every shape and size. We felt secluded yet the grocery store and Woodland Park churches, shops and restaurants were not away. The wifi service was critical for us and it worked great. Thank you for a great stay!
- Guest Hobbit Family (Burbank, CA)
- Date of stay 07/27/13
- Review Submitted 08/21/13
Owner response: Thanks so much for coming to visit and staying in our home. We're so glad it was a restful experience for you :). That is our goal, that you would have a wonderful visit.
A Bear sighting in Colorado!
A Bear sighting in Colorado!
We arrived to the cabin on a rainy afternoon. We didn't mind that at all! Upon entering, we noticed that trash barrels were scattered all over the place. We later found out that the barrel just hadn't been locked with the wingnut correctly. A bit of an eyesore but largely overshadowed by the beauty and wildnerness aspect of the beautiful cabin. You could tell it was lived in by the owners recently. Had everything you needed inside and plenty of room for me, my sister and our respective kids. (7 of us total). Well, the trash was a blessing in disguise because each night we saw a bear!! The pictures of the place didn't do it justice at all. The owners were very nice and got out to clean up the trash and tend to the refrigerator, which had a filter leak or something. The amenities and nearby attractions were great, from Pikes Peak them park for the kids to the beautifiul golf course for myself and older boys were breathtaking. Not to mention, we had never seen as many deer and as big deer as we'd seen on this trip and we'd vacationed all over Colorado for the past 20 years. Loved it and would definitely recommend this to friends and family and we'd like to visit again in the future.
- Guest Troy M.
- Date of stay 07/24/13
- Review Submitted 08/14/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Owner response: We are glad you enjoyed your stay! I am sure the bear was glad that we didn't put the trash can lid on the right way before you showed up! The refrigerator has been fixed and is ready to go. We are glad you got to experience all of the wonderful wildlife there is to enjoy at our home!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
|Off Season, not incl. holidays
Oct 1 - Apr 30
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
|High Season (and holidays)
May 1 - Sep 30
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change without notice (but not once reservations have been made).
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee: $100
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 3.9%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Colorado Springs Airport at 41.7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 24 at 2.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: McGinty's Wood Oven Pub, U.S. 24, Divide, CO at 4.8 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Breckenridge at 80 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Shining Mountain Golf Course at 13.9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: McGinty's Wood Oven Pub, U.S. 24, Divide, CO at 4.8 Miles
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: My wife, five kids and I love Colorado and especially enjoy hiking and exploring new places.
Why the Owner Chose Florissant:
I grew up coming to this part of Colorado. I spent many summer nights camping in 11 mile canyon, about 15 minutes from Silent Creek. I've always loved coming to the mountains to enjoy the outdoors. Then, eleven years ago, my wife and I decided to move up to this beautiful area, making it our home year-round. Now we're excited to turn it in to a vacation rental for others to enjoy.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
One of the things we fell in love with was the wildlife. We have had up to 20 deer grazing on the property and have even listened to the howls of animals at night or seen a black bear lumbering through the trees below our home. We also love the peaceful, star-filled nights as we sit out on our deck talking. When the sun goes down, often the only things we hear are the wind and an occassional fox looking for food. Not only did we fall in love with the nature up here, but we love our home. We're far enough out that it really feels like a Colorado mountain escape, but close enough to fun outdoor activities.
- Primary: +1 7194661533
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Silent Creek Vacation Home
Kitchen with dining nook
Looking toward the eating area from the hallway
View below the house, from the back
A fall walk through our neighborhood
Some of the beautiful aspens near our home
Small neighborhood pond with covered gazebo
Walk to neighborhood pond
Evening sets in
Upstairs living room with wood-burning stove
Our road in front of the house
Upstairs bathroom with full bath/shower
Surrounded by beauty
Second upstairs bedroom (includes a porta-crib upon request)
View of the road in front of the house
Small neighborhood pond
View looking out back from the wrap-around deck
View from back of wrap-around deck
There are so many beautiful places to hike near our home.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, August 27, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.