You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Asheville cabin description
We are proud to offer the Barn at Mountain Meadows for your stay in Asheville.
This luxuriously appointed cabin is located 5 miles from downtown and less than 1 mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
with a list of features including
•California King size bed.
•Radiant heated floor (concrete hand polished with tung oil).
•4 person hot tub.
•Granite counter tops.
•Eco friendly natural stone and wood construction.
•Natural well water with reverse osmosis filter system.
•Custom stonework in the shower and kitchen / dining area.
•Hi-speed wireless internet
•Two 42'' TV's with surround sound and dish TV (living room and bedroom).
•Full kitchen featuring modern applicances and fully stocked with utensils.
•Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher.
•Magnificent views from 3,500 ft.
You will be surrounded by natural wood and stone.
Originally built as a carriage house in 1895, the property has several historic features that have been painstakingly preserved including hand laid unmortared stone walls along the lower section of the western wall and a 120' by 15' unmortared stone wall along the driveway / parking area. With renovations completed in the summer of 2012 including a hand-mortared natural stone shower, The Barn is now a green built, energy efficient home, complete with natural well water and a reverse osmosis filtration system as well as radiant-heat concrete flooring hand polished with tung-oil.
Relax and take in the views.
The Barn features an eastern view from the mountainside and has a patio with a 4-person hot tub, fire pit, and propane grill. Perfect for taking in the sunrise or relaxing by warm fire on a crisp autumn evening after enjoying the sights of Asheville and the stunning natural beauty of the surrounding area. Located on 4 acres bordering national forest land you will be surrounded by natural beauty and luxury.
Enjoy our fully equipped kitchen
With a full range of modern appliances and plenty of granite counter space to indugle your culinary creativity.
Need more room? Another couple? Parents or Mother-In Law? We offer the upstairs of the Barn 'The Loft at Mountain Meadows'.The loft is a one bedroom,1bath,fully equipped kitchen,dining room,living room with washer and dryer. Gorgeous wrap around decks and views.
The loft can be rented out in conjunction with the Barn at Mountain Meadows.($145.00 a night) It has its own entrance and cannot be accessed from the Barn. Don't worry! If you only want to rent the Barn the Loft will never be rented out while there are guests staying at the Barn.
On some occasions If the Barn is not rented out, please call for last minute nightly stays at the loft. ($165.00 a night.
Less than a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway
469 miles of scenic history, the Blue Ridge Parkway is an official All American Road and a National Parkway. Taking 52 years to complete in 1987 this famous peice of American history winds its way along the mountainsides through heart of the Appalachian mountians, the Blue Ridge Mountains. Spanning from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to the Shenandoah National Park
10 Minute Drive frome downtown Asheville
Asheville is home to a thriving nightlife scene with everything and coffeeshops and winebars, to four star restaruants. There is also a vibrant and ecclectic artistic community that gives Asheville a unique atmospere with a variety of local musicians, artists and performers Asheville is sure to entertain.
Please call for additional information..
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 2-5
- Sleeps 2-5 (see note*) Calafornia king size tempur-pedic bed, 100% Egyptian Cotten Sheets, Down Comforters. Wake up and lay in bed as you watch the morning sunrise, listen to the birds.Then walk out your bedroom doors and sink into the jucuzzi. At night lay in bed, turn on the fireplace and listen to some great music with the built in Surrond stereo system with Dish TV. '2nd floor (1 bedroom fully equipped separate Loft available) if more room is needed. (call for details)' ...moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Experience the Ultmate Walk In Shower. With Floor to Ceiling Glass on one side and surrounded by natural stone on all other sides. Enjoy the mountain views as you look out the custom window located right in the shower. It will feel like your right outside with the Rain Shower. Showering you with Pure Natural Well Water.Enjoy the Organic Shampoos and Gels. Need a romantic setting! Just dim the lights, all of the lighting throughout the Barn is on Electronic Dimmers. Wrap yourself up in plush thick towels....Plush Robes also furnished....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Outdoor Summer Herb Garden for you to use and enjoy
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Equestrian Events
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Located on 4 acres bordering national forest land you will be surrounded by natural beauty and luxury. Relax and take in the views. The Barn features an eastern view from the mountainside and has a patio with a 4-person hot tub, fire pit, and propane grill. Perfect for taking in the sunrise or relaxing by warm fire on a crisp autumn evening after enjoying the sights of Asheville and the stunning natural beauty of the surrounding area. (Less than a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway) (10 Minute Drive to downtown Asheville)--- Asheville is home to a thriving nightlife scene with everything and coffee shops and wine bars, to four star restaurants. There is also a vibrant and eclectic artistic community that gives Asheville a unique atmosphere with a variety of local musicians, artists and performers Asheville is sure to entertain. (Biltmore House just 8 miles away.)----- Biltmore Concert Series Summer and Fall, 2013 Experience the exhilaration of a live concert at Biltmore. (Southern Highland Folk Art Center. Only 10 miles away.) While you're enjoying all the beauty that the Blue Ridge Mountains has to offer, don't forget to stop by the Folk Art Center at Milepost 382 along the parkway. This is the most popular spot along the parkway. The center explains the history of Southern Appalachian (Riverside Cemetery Only 6 miles away.) Thomas Wolfe and O. Henry are buried here at Riverside Cemetery, along with many other famous folks of the past that are a part of Asheville's history. Located in the downtown area of Asheville, this historic cemetery lends itself to quiet, peaceful rolling hills that are surrounded by the beautiful mountains and the historic neighborhood of Montford. Stroll this cemetery and pay your respects to two great authors of the South. Pre-arranged 'walking tours' are available at no charge. (River Arts District Only 6 miles away.) Up-and-coming local artists are transforming old factories and warehouses along the French Broad River. The Studio Stroll is the perfect opportunity to learn to throw a pot, work with steel, and paint with watercolors. Artists will show you the secrets of their trades. (Asheville Art Museum Only 5 miles away.) The home collection of 20th-century American art is always on display at the Asheville Art Museum. (Asheville Beer Welcome to Beer City, USA) Asheville has long been famous for its stunning scenery, lively mountain music and famous attractions such as Biltmore and the Blue Ridge Parkway. And now, Asheville has become the craft-brewing center of the Southeast. Asheville beer has garnered so much enthusiasm that it was named the winner of the Examiner's “Beer City, USA” poll four years running. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
love this place
love this place
we had such a great stay at the barn. i would definitely recommend it. it's gorgeous. we used the loft as well and it was just perfect for our 2 small families!
- Guest Jess (Nashville, TN)
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 07/16/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Manager response: We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank You for your review. We have added some new features since your stay.. We now have a outdoor dining area to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and fresh mountain air while you dine. Our culinary garden has expanded and we are cutting new trails through the woods... Thanks again for choosing the Barn for your stay
First romantic getaway alone since kids.
First romantic getaway alone since kids.
I booked this as a surprise to my wife for our 19 wedding anniversary and the first time we had been away together since our first child was born 8 years ago. This place is beautiful and just what we needed. The outside grounds were beautiful also. There is not a great view of the mountains if that is what you are looking for, but it was still nice. I wish we would have had longer to stay. One thing we were a little surprised about when we arrived that I didn't expect from looking at the pictures on-line is how close it is to two other residents so you don't have total privacy when out at the hot tub area. You may also want to bring a couple of folding chairs if you want to sit around the fire pit area, unless you are fine with sitting on a rock or piece of log. Overall, this place was great, but there are a few small things like anywhere you go that could be done to make it even better. I would definitely recommend this place and we hope to go back again.
- Guest Slammy (Dacula, Ga.)
- Date of stay 05/17/13
- Review Submitted 05/30/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
Manager response: Thank you for your review. I am very excited that you choose the Barn for your stay. I do appreciate your input as we have just started renting this property less then a year ago. We now have chairs around the fire pit and deck for your convenience ,thank you for pointing this out. As far as the privacy goes..(1) the upstairs is never rented out unless it is in conjuction with the Barn (for example,other couple). (2) The container home that you can see is actually not a home but just a storage building..(3) My Property does adjourn the Barn property, but because of the 15' retaining wall that was built in the 1800's we are at a level so high that the only thing we can see is the roof of the barn.So you are in total privacy....,and I am always a phone call away in case you need anything. (4) There is a house that you can see through the forest but because of "The beautiful forest" that surrounds the hot tub we thought it would be detrimental to block it it any way.. So for the ones that feel they might need a little more privacy we have provided Shoji screens, they are light weight and can be easily moved around, this way you can place it around the hot tub if you feel the need. Thanks again for staying with us.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 5 nights or more: $250 Nightly - Weekend Nights excluded
Additional information about rental rates
50 % deposit to secure your reservation. Balance due upon arrival.
All major credit cards.Please call to reserve.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Asheville at 22 Miles
- Nearest Train: Greenville SC at 65 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 240 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Downtown Asheville at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Wolf Laural at 15 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Grove Park Inn at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Downtown Asheville at 4.5 Miles
SLIDING GLASS DOORS TO WELCOME YOU TO THE OUTSIDE
WELL APPOINTED KITCHEN.ENJOY THE ABUNDANCE OF ASHEVILLES LOCAL FARM TO TABLE
WARM, INTIMATE,COZY,ROMANTIC,PLUSH, FIREPLACE,DREAM
FLOOR TO CEILING GLASS SHOWER, LOOK AT THE BEAUTY OUTSIDE WHILE YOU SHOWER
eastern Views from property
Retaining Wall built in the 1800's
THE LOFT (More Pictures upon request)
FULLY EQUIPPED FOR YOUR GOURMET COOKING
PLENTY OF LIGHT
WIRELESS INTERNET TO KEEP IN TOUCH
RELAX, COOK, HAVE A FIRE AT THE FIREPIT-WOOD PROVIDED
OUR BEAUTFUL GARDENS AND COY POND
views from property
view from hot tub
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, August 14, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.