Hard to Beat Oceanview 2BR/2BA - Updated Remodel
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Maui Vista condo description
You’re invited to stay in our Kihei Kai Vista, Unit 2406 at Maui Vista. Please, come, relax and enjoy. The ocean view from our 4th floor, building 2 unit we think is one of the best in the complex. Enjoy rainbows, whales, the morning song of tropical birds, the occasional gecko and of course, the magnificent sunsets while relaxing on our lanai.
In December 2012 we purchased our condo and came in January 2013 to add some personal touches, with more to come on future trips. We’ve put a Cal. King bedroom set in the master bedroom and for the flexibility of our guests, XL twin beds that can be converted to a King in the loft. The upstairs bathroom has been expanded with a larger walk-in shower and private lavatory. There are new granite counter tops throughout the unit along with a full complement of kitchen accessories and appliances. Beach chairs, towels, an umbrella and cooler are there for your use. After a long day at the beach or sightseeing, we have provided new flat screen TV’s in the living room and master bedroom along with cable, a DVR and a variety of movies, as well as complimentary WiFi, local and long distance phone to the Mainland U.S. and Canada.
Over the years we’ve stayed at a variety of places in Maui, but feel that Maui Vista had the most to offer. The complex is right across the street from famous Charley Young Beach, within walking distance of several other beaches that run along the Kihei coast as well as many shops, restaurants and a grocery store. Maui Vista is an over eight-acre property with well-maintained grounds with a variety of tropical vegetation, three swimming pools, six tennis courts, three gas barbeque grill stations and an onsite concierge who offers a orientation with continental breakfast every weekday morning.
We believe you won't be disappointed with awesome ocean view, the centralized location near the beach, many restaurants and shopping opportunities, the well-appointed accommodations at a reasonable price all with easy access to the wide-variety of activities available on Maui.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- On floor 4
- 830 sq. ft.
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Newly installed granite countertops
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- AAOceanfront, our property management company is located nearby and have been in business for 30 years. They provide 24-7 on-island assistance for our guests. Our unit is equipped with an electronic security keypad and you will be given an unique code for access during your stay - No more lockouts due to a forgotten or misplaced key!...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Video Library
Pool & Spa
- Water Sports Gear:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Miniature Golf
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Located in the heart of Kihei, Maui Vista provides easy access to all activities on Maui. Whether you enjoy walking or driving you will find a wide variety of things to do and places to go in a very short amount of time. Restaurants, shopping, even a grocery store and other convenience/sundry stores as well as many beach activities are all within a few blocks of the complex. By car, your options are endless. You can literally shop 'til you drop and there are endless choices for ono grinds (good food). From locally owned to Mainland chains, Maui has it all. Our local favorites are Blue Moon Café in the Kihei Gateway Center for breakfast, Eskimo Candy just off of Halekuai St. for great fish and chips, Peggy's Sue in the Azeka Place II for delicious hamburgers and malts or shakes, Moose McGillycuddy's for nightly specials including Taco Tuesdays and Mulligan's on the Blue in Wailea for great Irish fare and music. Maui's beaches are all public accessible from which you can choose to 'catch some rays or catch the waves', by basking on the warm white sand, snorkeling, boogie boards, paddle board, surf, windsurf, or kite surf. There are over a dozen golf courses on Maui and club rental is available. For a taste of the Hawaiian culture, be sure to take in a luau or see the theatrical production of 'Ulalena. Also, be sure to check out free Whaling Museum at Whalers Village in Ka'anapali. For adventure, sign up for sunrise from the top of Haleakala, then bicycle down the volcano. Of course, everyone should experience the Drive to Hana, visit the Maui Tropical Planation and 'Iao Needle and there are several reputable companies offering snorkel and whale watching (in season) cruises. Our favorite is Kai Kanani from Makena Beach Resort. Remember, Maui Vista offers a free on-site concierge (not a timeshare) to help plan all of your Maui activities. There's much to do if you choose or one can always just relax and enjoy putting your toes in the sand with drink in hand, just across the street at Charley Young Beach....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Everything was great except we did deal with ants the whole week.
- Guest Michelle (Las Vegas)
- Date of stay 07/30/13
- Review Submitted 08/09/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you for the 5-star review! We're sorry there was an ant problem during your stay. All units in the Maui Vista complex are sprayed on a monthly basis and this usually takes care of the problem. However, those who have traveled to the tropics are aware that nuisance insects can be an issue...Especially if food is left out on the counters and/or after a weather event which can disturb nesting areas (which did occur just prior to your arrival). We will certainly bring this matter to the attention of our property manager. In the future, we ask our that guests not hesitate to contact us or our property management company if any issue is not to your satisfaction. We hope you will keep us in mind for your future travel needs.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 15 - Dec 19
4 night min stay
Dec 20 - Jan 3
7 night min stay
Jan 4 - Apr 14
4 night min stay
Apr 15 - Nov 14
4 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates based on occupancy of no more than 4 people. If more than 4, there will be an additional charge of $15 per person per night.
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot guarantee accuracy of this listing. Please contact us for current rates and availability.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Kahului at 13 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Piilani (State Hwy. 31) at 0.7 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Charley Young Beach, right across the street at 0.09 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Midwest farm couple who enjoys getting away in the off-season.
Why the Owner Chose Maui Vista:
We've been hooked on Maui ever since our first visit. Over the years, we stayed several places, but kept coming back to Maui Vista for its great centralized location to the beach, restaurants and shopping.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
We love the ocean view, especially during whale season! It is in the second building of the complex...away from the street noise, but still an easy walk to the beach. It has been updated with an expanded second bathroom. Our unit is new to the rental pool.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Maui Vista Resort is located in 'always sunny' Kihei on southwest coast of Maui
Maui Vista complex entrance
Master Bedroom with new Cal. King mattress and furniture
Loft, second bedroom with King bed, convertible to two twin beds
Lanai with bar height seating for premium viewing of whales and sunsets
Rainbow from lanai
Grill station for Bldg. 2
Charley Young Beach
Whale breach from the Kai Kanani Sunset Cruise along the Wailea-Makena coast
Maui Vista the 3-building complex, across the street from Charley Young Beach
Maui Vista Bldg. 2
Looking into the unit from our lanai
Master bath with granite counter
Expanded second bath with private lavatory and walk-in shower
View from lanai of Bldg. 2 pool and tennis courts
One of the amazing sunsets from our lanai
On-site concierge with weekday orientation available for all guests
View of West Maui Mountains from Charley Young Beach
Another great sunset in Maui
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 06, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.