Designers Carriage House Retreat with Bay Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sausalito house description
This 1910 carriage house is a separate 850 sq. Foot home in the beautiful back garden of owner's historic family property in old town Sausalito (a breathtaking fisherman’s seaside town right over San Francisco golden gate bridge). Features include:
• arrive to a tray of fresh baked organic and seasonal treats, a jar full of daily inspirations and an herbal tea with fresh ginger to help you settle into the moment.
• be inspired by the home's wonderful character throughout interior - fresh and airy painted all white interior and lovely hardwood floors, bead board ceilings and trim, shingle exterior. Renovated kitchen with granite countertops, appliances, and tile flooring. Victorian-style pedestal sink in bathroom with shower. Bedroom upstairs is on its own floor with high ceilings and lovely hardwood floors reminiscent of boat deck flooring. Great place for watching the sunrise. Partial view of san francisco bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom. Private garden entrance through picket fence with easy street parking using owner's free guest parking pass that is provided during your stay.
• convenient access to inspire walking and public transportation - only 2 blocks to the waterfront, restaurants and public transportation bus stop, grocery store and coin laundromat or laundry/dry cleaning delivery service, 10 minutes to the Sausalito ferry terminal and shopping boutiques in town in one direction, and marin headlands national park in the other direction. 15 minutes into San Francisco across the golden gate or 30-45 minutes by bicycle.
• fully furnished with all necessities including queen size bed, dining table and chairs, side tables, couch, rugs, dishware and much more all in owner signature urban farmhouse style . Enjoy one-of-a-kind vintage items hand selected by owner at antique markets around the world designed to inspire you to slow down, simplify, and live life with passion.
• enjoy owner’s favorite decorating magazines and spiritual awakening, travel, organic cooking and lifestyle books.
• option to treat yourself to one of owner’s one hour personal coaching experiences without leaving your carriage house. Teachings include guest favorites such as: discover and live your purpose now, paint your purpose, or the 7 spiritual laws of success and parenting teachings by deepak chopra.
- 850 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 3
- home has a very large upstairs bedroom with queen bed and two windows including one from bed looking out to San Francisco Bay. We can also provide guest a double size comfortable air mattress or baby crib both with pillows and linens if requested at booking. These can easily be set up in large upstairs bedroom or on main floor downstairs....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
vintage table and chairs, fresh flowers for all guests, separate space with artist desk set up for guest to do work, paint, write a book, or to inspire another creative expression during their visit....moreless
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Music Library
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Water View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Equestrian Events
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Rock Climbing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Live Theater
- Duty Free Shops
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Imagine walking through a white picket fence, passing organic vegetables and smelling the scent of lemon thyme as you travel the winding path to your front door. Take a leisurely stroll up secret staircases between beautiful Victorian homes in old town sausalito at the end of the day. Awake to blue jays chirping as you meditate in your airy upper bedroom. Clip fresh mint from your porch garden and sip in a vintage tea cup while watching the sun rise each morning. Walk to a local yoga class on a saturday morning just 10 minute from home. Enjoy a fresh baked croissant at local coffee shops while people watching. Lay in bed as you listen to the mystical fog horns on a quintessential San Francisco evening while immersed in a good book. Walk to the ferry terminal just 10 minutes walk away passing fishing boats and rowers out on the bay before taking a ferry into san francisco for site seeing, Visting Alcatraz or perhaps exploring the San Francisco ferry building. Bike on a sunday morning to sausalito’s farmers market and take cooking classes at one of many local cooking schools. Treat yourself to a spa day at great spas like Cavallo point just 5 minutes away. Share a moment with a friend or family member and glass of wine watching the sunset and sailboats drifting by without leaving your front porch. Relax into the person you were born to be....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Charming elegant cottage!!!
Charming elegant cottage!!!
Our short visit of 3 nights in this charming cottage was so wonderful! Yasmine's warm greeting with wine and homemade french pastry awaiting us was wonderful! It was such a gorgeous cozy cottage with beautiful fine linens on the bedding. The view was spectacular looking at the bay with mega yacht's moored close by!! We unfortunately were too busy to really sit and enjoy! So I'm going back for sure!! I want to go back and cook something lovely and sit and read on the porch. The location is fabulous too! And must mention that all the lotions, shampoos etc were so lovely. Great attention to detail. If you are wanting to stay in Sausalito this is a wonderful place to stay!!! Loved it ~ Thanks Yasmine!
- Guest Amanda S. (-)
- Date of stay 09/19/13
- Review Submitted 09/25/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, girls getaway, age 55+, tourists without a car, adventure seekers.
Yasmine is SWEET and the Carriage House a WONDERFUL place to unwind.....
Yasmine is SWEET and the Carriage House a WONDERFUL place to unwind.....
It's taken me awhile to get to writing this review... The lapse in time is not a post-reflection on my stay, but the whole reason that this Carriage house was a perfect escape for me.... Life is entirely too busy! What an oasis Yasmine has created! I'm so grateful for the experience. The house is so wonderfully fully of character and charm... yet so well-stocked. Everything that I could have wanted for my stay was provided... Peace, quiet, easy location, wine and organic goodies... and more. I would recommend this to anyone needing a place to restore. Cheers- Robin
- Guest R Birdie (Los Angeles)
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 08/06/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, girls getaway, tourists without a car, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Thank you Robin for taking the time to write this wonderful review! I really enjoyed meeting you and am so grateful your stay was relaxing and memorable. I do hope you come back whenever you need a restorative oasis. Yasmine
Lovely & Romantic Honeymoon Cottage
Lovely & Romantic Honeymoon Cottage
Josh and I were looking frantically all over sites to find the perfect little home to rent near San Francisco for our July 2013 honeymoon. One day, we were talking on the phone both telling each other we found "the perfect place to stay! with a great view and awesome decor in an area called Sausilito" we kept describing our places we found in the unique, hilly area of Sausilito, each feeling we had found the best place to stay, only to realize that we were talking about THE SAME PLACE! After a good laugh we thought it must be the place for us so we booked it! When we arrived and saw the house in person we were so pleased to discover that it lived up to the pictures and had such a comforting and relaxing vibe. And after all the driving and adventuring we did up and down the coast, it was wonderful to know we were coming home to such a beautiful and cozy little place. One night we ordered a margharita pizza from Angelino's and enjoyed our wine from Yasmine and watched a movie..it was just so relaxing! Every morning, when we woke up to that breathtaking ocean view, we were just in awe of how lovely the area is...it was hard to get out of bed! Yasmine had wonderful treats for us when we got there and a great binder of info on local spots to enjoy and things to do that came in handy. We loved Cibo's coffee and Pelican Inn and in San Fran we couldn't get enough Ritual Coffee and Gott's Roadside. So glad we chose this area to honeymoon and finding this house in Sausilito made the trip even more enjoyable! Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable and memorable, Yasmine! What a treasure you have up in the hills! Emily & Josh
- Guest Emily H (St. Louis, MO)
- Date of stay 07/10/13
- Review Submitted 07/17/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
Owner response: I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful and memorable stay at the carriage house for your honeymoon. It was an honor to have you stay for such an important part of your lives. You and Josh were a delight to have as guests. We wish you joy and happiness together to last a lifetime! Please come back and stay with us -- perhaps for an upcoming wedding anniversary!!! Yasmine
Awesome Stay !!!
Awesome Stay !!!
This was our first time in Sausalito, and we had a wonderful stay !! The carriage house is located in a nice quiet area, with beautiful views of San Francisco from the windows. We enjoyed the view at wake-up! The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. And the place is so tastefuly decorated ! But also very well equipped, and with a really comfortable bed; Having a place in the street to park the car was also great; Yasmine was so nice and friendly: she had prepared home-made attentions for our arrival, it was so nice! She also recommanded us nice places to see and was very helpful for us thanks to her local knowledge. We would like so much stay here again !
- Guest marie c. (Orsay, 15 miles from Paris, France)
- Date of stay 06/10/13
- Review Submitted 06/28/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with young children.
Owner response: Bonjour Marie! It was so lovely to meet you and your famille. I very much enjoyed having you stay with us. I hope to call you when my family and I travel to Paris again next year to meet for un petit café. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review and leaving the carriage house spotless when you left. You were wonderful guests and please come visit again very soon! Yasmine
Gorgeous Cottage Retreat
Gorgeous Cottage Retreat
We thought it looked gorgeous in the photos and when we walked through the door it absolutely lived up to them! Charming and character-filled - cosy and comfy. And we were greeted with fresh flowers in stylish beaker vases and organic goodies of all sorts to treat ourselves and rejuvenate us after a long flight. The views of the Bay are million dollar ones! The Marin Airporter drop off is five minutes away up the hill on the highway and they will call a taxi to drop you off, But once you get there you don't need a car as everything you could need is just a short walk away - the ferry terminal to downtown or Fishermans' Wharf is a 10 minute walk away, the main shopping area filled with cafes, restaurants and boutiques is also just a 10 minute walk down the hill. Our host, the cottage owner could not be more accommodating and friendly - she gave us helpful detailed instructions about everything in the house and lots of great info about the area. All the cottage amenities were excellent - a huge comfy bed, a great kitchen - with a selection of fabulous teas and coffees! and other yummy things. And, as well as an eclectic collection of furniture, there's an array of large cushions for lounging, reading, meditating - anything you like! And a range of great reading material. While there isn't a TV here, this cottage isn't a TV sort of place - it is a place for relaxing and unwinding and chatting and face to face time... so you don't need a TV and you don't miss it, you're too absorbed in sipping good wine and nibbling on delicious treats - and there is excellent wifi anyway so you can still get your technology fix. We visited at the beginning of June and just happened to have hot sunny weather, but we did have one cool night. The cottage loft bedroom is a large,light airy space that accommodated us (a couple) and our 1 year old in a new crib the owner supplied. She was also very good about letting us move furniture and things so that baby didn't get into things he shouldn't and to avoid breaking things. Once we blocked off the stairs with our suitcases and made sure the door to outside was closed it was a baby-safe environment. And the deck and garden was especially enchanting for our little one. The bedroom did get hot but as the owner suggested we kept the windows open all day and that helped. There are heaters for cool weather. A beautiful place to stay.
- Guest KiwiCanuck (Wellington, NZ)
- Date of stay 05/31/13
- Review Submitted 06/07/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Owner response: Annabel, it was really lovely to meet you and your charming family. I am so happy you had such a wonderful stay at the Carriage House. I hope you come back and stay if you travel to San Francisco again. You were amazing guests and it was an honor to have select to stay at our cottage. Thank you for such a lovely review. All my best, Yasmine
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
For vacation stays of 3 nights, total rental amount is required to book property (for refundable security deposit, credit card details are retained on file but not charged unless actual damage). For vacation stays more than 3 nights, 50% of rental total plus $500 security deposit is required to book carriage house. Security deposit is charged back to your credit card within 10 days of departure.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
occupancy tax on rental amount plus $80 cleaning fee.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco International Airport at 22 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Sausalito - San Francisco Ferry at 1 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Train Station at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 101 at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Swede's Beach at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Aurora at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe at 190 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Presidio Golf Course at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Aurora at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: I am the founder of the lifestyle brand Maison reve (means dream home in french). My mother is suisse french and i grew up in Montreal. As a child, we were raised to enjoy simple living and now my passion is to inspire others to slow the pace of our busy lives down so we fully enjoy the moment of everyday life. My business has been featured in several national magazines showcasing our signature urban farmhouse design style that you will experience at the carriage house. I live with my Australian born husband (from Sydney) and our two children in our 1893 Victorian home that we fully restored a few years ago.
Why the Owner Chose Sausalito:
Our main home and this seperate detached 1910 historic carriage house in the back garden of property are completely magical. I knew they were special the minute I first walked inside. They are one of the oldest houses in the whole Bay area, main house was built in 1893 by a shipyard captain with the carriage house in 1910. We spent 2 years fully restoring both places and the gardens. We feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful place and raise our young children here. It's not just the spectacular view and all the places to explore, it's the birds that visit the garden each morning, the lovely trees and just the energy of this place is serene. When my husband and I stand on our front porch at night and watch the moon and stars above catching the shimmering light on the Bay it still takes our breath away every time.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The views inspire you to feel grateful for everything in life. The location inspires you to walk to the downtown, take a ferry and explore San Francisco, Napa or Sonoma wine country, the redwood trees in Muir Woods, the lovely California beaches or skiing in Lake Tahoe. The property is a magical retreat in the heart of everything you want to experience. We feel enormously grateful to be able to share this with others from all around the world.
- Primary: +1 4152987775
- Secondary: +1 4153322751
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
upstairs bedroom is twice size in length with two windows looking out to Bay
Owner's 1893 Victorian home with Carriage House in back garden (shown on left)
enjoy the beach, boardwalk and downtown just 4 blocks walk from Carriage House!
rejuvenate your Soul in your private light and sunny loft style Carriage House
main room great for relaxing, cooking and reading a good book
inspiring artist work table with free Wifi
inspiring French flea market finds throughout from owner's trips to Europe
view walking up stairs to upper bedroom
relax in spa robes and Belgium linen organic sheets from Libeco Lagae
herb garden in english tea tins inspires you to enjoy a cup of tea and just be
enjoy a lovely meal and wine at the many restaurants all within a 5 minute walk
stop and watch ferry boats to and from San Francisco and Sausalito go by
breath-taking views of San Francisco, Alcatraz and Angel Island from Old Town
private porch with partial water view great for watching sunrises and sailboats
enjoy local seasonal organic meals at your French antique dining table
view from front door
full size kitchen with wonderful dishware, large full fridge, oven and farm sink
view from into bathroom with shower, toilet and spa products to left (not shown)
view going up stairway to upstairs large bedroom
upstairs shelves (also a large closet and chest of drawers to left in bedroom)
start your day with a meditation and inspirational quote available at house
Carriage House is a seperate detached cottage in back garden with private porch
take a leisurely stroll down Sausalito's marina harbor
be greeted with a tray of complimentary organic treats, teas, wine and flowers
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, August 07, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.