VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This 1910 carriage house is a separate 850 sq. Foot home in the beautiful back garden of owner's historic family property in old town Sausalito (a breathtaking fisherman’s seaside town right over San Francisco golden gate bridge). Features include:
• arrive to a tray of fresh baked organic and seasonal treats, a jar full of daily inspirations and an herbal tea with fresh ginger to help you settle into the moment.
• be inspired by the home's wonderful character throughout interior - fresh and airy painted all white interior and lovely hardwood floors, bead board ceilings and trim, shingle exterior. Renovated kitchen with granite countertops, appliances, and tile flooring. Victorian-style pedestal sink in bathroom with shower. Bedroom upstairs is on its own floor with high ceilings and lovely hardwood floors reminiscent of boat deck flooring. Great place for watching the sunrise. Partial view of san francisco bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom. Private garden entrance through picket fence with easy street parking using owner's free guest parking pass that is provided during your stay.
• convenient access to inspire walking and public transportation - only 2 blocks to the waterfront, restaurants and public transportation bus stop, grocery store and coin laundromat or laundry/dry cleaning delivery service, 10 minutes to the Sausalito ferry terminal and shopping boutiques in town in one direction, and marin headlands national park in the other direction. 15 minutes into San Francisco across the golden gate or 30-45 minutes by bicycle.
• fully furnished with all necessities including queen size bed, dining table and chairs, side tables, couch, rugs, dishware and much more all in owner signature urban farmhouse style . Enjoy one-of-a-kind vintage items hand selected by owner at antique markets around the world designed to inspire you to slow down, simplify, and live life with passion.
• enjoy owner’s favorite decorating magazines and spiritual awakening, travel, organic cooking and lifestyle books. • option to treat yourself to one of owner’s one hour personal coaching experiences without leaving your carriage house. Teachings include guest favorites such as: discover and live your purpose now, paint your purpose, or the 7 spiritual laws of success and parenting teachings by deepak chopra.
twin or queen size air mattress or baby crib can be provided...moreless
home has a very large upstairs bedroom with queen bed and two windows including one from bed looking out to San Francisco Bay. We can also provide guest a double size comfortable air mattress or baby crib both with pillows and linens if requested at booking. These can easily be set up in large upstairs bedroom or on main floor downstairs....moreless
Bathroom 1: toilet, shower
also with 3 levels of shelving, clothes hooks and towel rod...moreless
New pedestal sink, oval mirror and sconces, toilet, and rain shower head. Nice details such as white shelving, bathrobe hooks, and towel rod made from a birch beach branch to bring the feel of nature indoors. Please bathroom is on ground floor, not on top bedroom floor....moreless
Away From It All
Duty Free Shops
Local Services & Businesses
Located in breathtaking Old Town Sausalito you are a few blocks walk to sailboats, beach boardwalk, stylish boutiques, quaint coffee shops and restaurants....moreless
Great place for watching the sunrise from your private front porch. Partial view of San Francisco Bay from front porch, as well as your living room, kitchen, and upstairs bedroom. ...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
Golf Privileges Optional
Hot Air Ballooning
Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
vintage table and chairs, fresh flowers for all guests, separate space with artist desk set up for guest to do work, paint, write a book, or to inspire another creative expression during their visit....moreless
Seating for 4 people
Iron & Board
includes sofa with pullout sleeper bed, loveseat, coffee table and other lovely furnishings...moreless
easy street parking with owner's free guest parking pass...moreless
Dishes & Utensils
new granite countertops, large stainless steel farmhouse sink, lots of white cabinets, charming sunlight window for natural light into kitchen...moreless
December Holiday Dec 24 - Jan 2, 2016 3 night min stay
My Standard Rate 3 night min stay
$195 Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 3 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$500
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Imagine walking through a white picket fence, passing organic vegetables and smelling the scent of lemon thyme as you travel the winding path to your front door. Take a leisurely stroll up secret staircases between beautiful Victorian homes in old town sausalito at the end of the day. Awake to blue jays chirping as you meditate in your airy upper bedroom. Clip fresh mint from your porch garden and sip in a vintage tea cup while watching the sun rise each morning. Walk to a local yoga class on a saturday morning just 10 minute from home. Enjoy a fresh baked croissant at local coffee shops while people watching. Lay in bed as you listen to the mystical fog horns on a quintessential San Francisco evening while immersed in a good book. Walk to the ferry terminal just 10 minutes walk away passing fishing boats and rowers out on the bay before taking a ferry into san francisco for site seeing, Visting Alcatraz or perhaps exploring the San Francisco ferry building. Bike on a sunday morning to sausalito’s farmers market and take cooking classes at one of many local cooking schools. Treat yourself to a spa day at great spas like Cavallo point just 5 minutes away. Share a moment with a friend or family member and glass of wine watching the sunset and sailboats drifting by without leaving your front porch. Relax into the person you were born to be.
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: I am the founder of the lifestyle brand Maison reve (means dream home in french). My mother is suisse french and i grew up in Montreal. As a child, we were raised to enjoy simple living and now my passion is to inspire others to slow the pace of our busy lives down so we fully enjoy the moment of everyday life. My business has been featured in several national magazines showcasing our signature urban farmhouse design style that you will experience at the carriage house. I live with my Australian born husband (from Sydney) and our two children in our 1893 Victorian home that we fully restored a few years ago.
Why the Owner Chose Sausalito: Our main home and this seperate detached 1910 historic carriage house in the back garden of property are completely magical. I knew they were special the minute I first walked inside. They are one of the oldest houses in the whole Bay area, main house was built in 1893 by a shipyard captain with the carriage house in 1910. We spent 2 years fully restoring both places and the gardens. We feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful place and raise our young children here. It's not just the spectacular view and all the places to explore, it's the birds that visit the garden each morning, the lovely trees and just the energy of this place is serene. When my husband and I stand on our front porch at night and watch the moon and stars above catching the shimmering light on the Bay it still takes our breath away every time.
The Unique Benefits at this House: The views inspire you to feel grateful for everything in life. The location inspires you to walk to the downtown, take a ferry and explore San Francisco, Napa or Sonoma wine country, the redwood trees in Muir Woods, the lovely California beaches or skiing in Lake Tahoe. The property is a magical retreat in the heart of everything you want to experience. We feel enormously grateful to be able to share this with others from all around the world.
Primary:4152987775Between 9:00am PST and 12:00 noon PST