Beautiful Wine Country Getaway in Alexander Valley
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Geyserville cottage description
The Climbing Rose Cottage (and separately priced Studio) are located in downtown Geyserville in the heart of the Alexander Valley wine appellation. During the week, it offers a front row seat to the agricultural endeavors of this premier Wine Country appellation. On the weekends, it is a serene refuge from which to explore all the fun of the Northern Sonoma Wine County. Cottage amenities include fine linens, a dining room table that seats six, a pullout queen-size sofa bed, microwave, high speed Internet connections and WiFi, television, DVD player, washer and dryer and off-street parking. The Cottage has beautiful hardwood and tiled floors. Contemporary décor with country and leather accent pieces are surrounded by warm muted colors like the avocado colored walls in the living room that were inspired by the trees on the property. Named for the ancient rose bush that climbs seductively along a tree on the private driveway, the two queen bedroom and one bath Cottage also has a large living room with fireplace and fully-equipped kitchen with adjacent dining area. Beautiful orange and avocado trees and rose bushes frame the Cottage. The backyard is kid-friendly and includes a gas BBQ and state-of-the art spa tub for four with numerous jets and colored lights. The Cottage sleeps up to six.
On the same property as the Cottage, is the separate and individually priced darling Climbing Rose Studio with its own entrance. Once you step inside, you would never believe this was once a garage. The light and airy studio with its cream colored walls, open beam ceilings and French doors that lead out on to a small private patio is a delightful getaway. Original signed artwork is part of the contemporary décor with a country feel. The large studio room has a king-sized bed, kitchenette with microwave and small refrigerator, kitchen table and chairs, elevated whirlpool tub and a private bath with tile shower and large shower head. The studio has Cable television and WiFi. The Studio sleeps two.
Both the Cottage and Studio are dog friendly.
Tasting rooms, Catelli's and Diavola Restaurants, art galleries and shops are all within walking distance. Francis Ford Coppola Winery, River Rock Casino, Lake Sonoma, dozens of wine hospitality centers and the town of Healdsburg are within a 10-minute drive. Off street parking is available for both the cottage and studio.
Climbing Rose Cottage ONLY books for $395 per night. Climbing Rose Studio ONLY books for $275 per night. The Cottage and Studio may be booked together for $595 to $695 per night depending on days of the week, season and length of stay. Please call 800.727.8182 for further pricing information.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- The Climbing Rose Cottage has two bedrooms with queen beds plus a sofa bed in living room. The Climbing Rose Studio, which is a separate reservation with a separate price, has one king size bed. The bedrooms in the Cottage are light and airy north facing rooms with contemporary furnishings and antique and classical accents. The Studio is decorated in romantic muted colors and includes a sitting area, kitchenette and large elevated spa tub. Bath amenities are available in both the Cottage and Studio. Bedrooms in both the Cottage and separately-reserved and individually-priced Studio feature large closets with luggage racks and terry cloth robes. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Big Game
- Equestrian Events
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Geyserville is located an hour north of the Golden Gate Bridge in Northern Sonoma County. The area boasts some of the most magnificent vineyards and talented wine makers in the world. People come from around the globe to experience once in a lifetime sights, sounds, scents and tastes. Just 6 short miles away is the town of Healdsburg, and the crossroads of two more premier wine regions in Sonoma County. It’s only here, in all of Wine Country,that fabulous wine tasting rooms bump shoulders with small town charm from a bygone age. Winemakers of world renown, famous Hollywood names, artists of distinction and Zagat-reviewed chef owned restaurants are all steps away from shops and wine hospitality rooms. The town creates a vintage blend that is complex, earthy, spicy, sweet and brilliant. Main Street Geyserville still holds the charm of 100 years ago in its historic buildings. Visitors strolling through town can imagine a dusty street with horse drawn carriages or Model T’s parked before the buildings that now house cutting-edge wineries, restaurants and shops. Every visitor site of interest in Geyserville is independently owned and not to be found anywhere else in the world! Many of the businesses were started by grandparents or great-grandparents and have been maintained in the family for more then 100 years. With some, the children and grandchildren left Geyserville, did amazing things in other places and returned to live in this bucolic town. Others have pulled up roots from Hollywood and other international cities to seek the brilliant meritage of Geyserville. Businesses range from the immensely elegant and cult offerings to the small, casual and intimate. The distinctly Italian immigrant and Wild West element of the town create some of the spice. When visitors savor Geyserville as they would a wine, the sweet notes come from the friendliness of the inhabitants who delight in sharing it with visitors. For romance, dog-friendly, wine lovers and aficionados, adrenaline seeking adventurists, recreational junkies, fishers, city dwellers seeking a simpler time, business planners, wild life watchers, solo travelers and everyone else 'there’s Geyserville.'...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Loved It!Guest comment entered by owner
Hi, my wife and I have stayed at the cottage twice now and absolutely love it. We were looking to get away again in December.
- Guest Matt
- Date of stay 07/30/13
- Review Submitted 09/20/13
Lovely Wine Country Getaway
Lovely Wine Country Getaway
My friend and I stayed in the cottage. We wanted to get away from the city and just relax. To drive as little as possible, drink wine, sleep in, read books and soak up some rays. This was the perfect location. We loved the hot tub! All those great jets and the colored lights were wonderful. We both fell fast asleep after a nice long soak. It was great to walk to tasting rooms and restaurants. One morning we ate breakfast out but the next we squeezed fresh orange juice from the oranges in the backyard and just had English muffins with butter and some pastries we had purchased at the little store in town. It was fun to relax in the big backyard with our books and soak in the sunshine. Relaxing, comfortable and completely enjoyable getaway.
- Guest SpaMaiden (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Date of stay 03/12/13
- Review Submitted 04/04/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, age 55+, families with young children, pet owners, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Discounts: 21 nights or more: $325 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are for Cottage ONLY, unless listed as Studio or combination as here. Studio ONLY = $250-295 a night. BOTH Cottage & Studio = $595 to $695 a night. $75 cleaning fee & taxes added to each reservation. Pet & cleaning fees may apply. Special rates may be available for seasonal, weekday, multiple day stays. Call for info 800.727.8182. Rates subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
- Pet Fee: $25
- Cleaning Fee: $75 + tax
- Tax Rate 9%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Charles M. Shulz Sonoma County Airport at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Ferry Plaza, Sausalito at 75 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 101 at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Russian River at 2.4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Catelli's Restaurant at 0.15 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Tayman Park at 9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Diavola Pizzeria & Salumeria at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: The guest book is filled with the glowing reviews of people who have stayed at the Climbing Rose Cottage and or the separately-priced Climbing Rose Studio. The reviews speak of the hospitality, the grace and charm of the property, the meeting of individual needs and the affordability. The creative inspiration behind those words belongs to the daily hands-on involvement of owner Lucy Lewand, a second-generation innkeeper and owner at All Seasons Vacation Suites' Climbing Rose Cottage & Studio and the Camellia Inn. Lucy joined her parents in the family inn business and used her MBA from UCLA and other exceptional skills and experiences to create a unique accommodation in the charming town of Geyerville at the crossroads of three premier wine appellations. Lucy has been an innkeeper and vacation rental owner longer than most and her guests not only benefit from her knowledge but from the many contacts she has made in the surrounding tourism community. Lucy has traveled extensively through Europe, North America, Australia and Mexico and she is always looking for ways to improve the vacation rental experience, borrowing ideas, she finds along the way. She likes things to be fresh and interesting for her guests. This has led to the creation of unique seasonal and ongoing packages including antiquing getaways, solo vacations, and enrichment vacations. Climbing Rose Cottage & Studio are both family-friendly and dog-friendly. Lucy uses her management skills not only at her properties but to assist tourism organizations locally and statewide. She is currently Chair of the Healdsburg Chamber of Commerce Promotions Coalition, a Board Member of the Sonoma County Lodging Association and a participating member of Wine Country Inns of Sonoma County, California Lodging Industry Association, the California Association of Bed & Breakfast Inns, Professional Association of Innkeepers International and the American Business Women’s Association.
Why the Owner Chose Geyserville:
Lucy says she was instantly attracted to the property for the beautiful and secluded backyard and the charming proportions of the rooms. She could visualize what furniture would fit and how to make it elegant but comfortable. She liked that it was within walking distance of Geyerville's main street. Geyserville will always be a special place for Lucy because it was here she met her life partner, Archie. The fact that she was a girl from Southern California and he was a boy from Scotland, show how much more there is to Geyserville than a quick look indicates. The winemakers in this area are of world renown yet, still passionate about what they do in a small town way.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
In addition to the large backyard with the fruit trees that can be used for fresh squeezed orange juice, Lucy fell in love with the natural light within the house. She says that she immediately noticed a friendliness and warmth to the property even before they started renovating it.
- Secondary: 877.727.8182
The entrance to Climbing Rose Cottage in Wine Country.
Cottage view from front door into living room with wood burning fireplace.
Cottage view of desk area into hall and second bedroom.
Cottage kitchen view into dining area and breakfast nook.
Cottage second bedroom with queen size bed.
View of bed and sitting area in the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
View of private patio in the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
Spa tub in the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
Kitchenette in the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
Sonoma amenities are available to every guest at the Cottage & separate Studio.
The cottage enjoys spacious backyard with orange, avocado and flowering trees
Cottage view of living room into kitchen and out to backyard.
Cottage view from kitchen into dining area and backyard.
Cottage bedroom with queen size bed.
Cottage 6-person hot tub with multiple jet settings and colored lights.
Entrance to the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
View from kitchenette in the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
Spa tub, sitting area and out to patio in the separately-reserved Studio.
Bathroom in the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
Private patio in in the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
Private patio for the separately-reserved Climbing Rose Studio.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, September 20, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2.5+ Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.