Full-Size Kitchen with Washer/Dryer. Pet and Family-Friendly!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ganges house description
Quiet and private suite on a dead-end lane across from the ocean, nestled among towering cedars and douglas firs (where the ravens live).
Clean, cozy one bedroom (queen size bed) and 1 loft (double bed) - complete with full-size kitchen (oven, microwave, full fridge/freezer, coffee maker, etc.), full bath (tub and shower), washer/dryer, couch, closet, and outdoor sitting area.
Plenty of parking.
There are two self-contained sections to this single story house. The front section is used by Raven Wood Retreat guests, while the rear section is occasionally used by the owners.
- High speed Wifi (internet)
- HD TV, various DVDs
- Sky lights above the bed (perfect for the star-filled night skies. remember, we don't have light pollution)
- IPhone/iPod docking station
- Board games, puzzles
- Use of local guidebooks & maps
- Pets welcome (fenced and gated property)
- Children welcome
Relax in this temperate rainforest setting just 5 minutes south of groovy Ganges Village.
Here you can enjoy restaurants, cafes, bakeries, stroll along the waterfront, pick-up groceries, explore shops, go kayaking, play a round of golf, listen to live music, visit the artisan galleries, or check out the popular Saturday market and more!
We are centrally-located: only 10mins north of Fulford Harbour (access to Victoria and Vancouver (via Swartz Bay)), 10mins south of Long Harbour (direct access to Vancouver), 10mins south-east of Vesuvius Bay (access to Duncan and Nanaimo).
Short, daily flights to/from Vancouver and Victoria happen from Ganges Harbour as well. So, even though you are indeed on a Gulf Island, you have lots of options for coming and going!
There are trails to hike, beaches to comb, lakes to swim, and mountains to climb. For the adventurous-types, try tandem paragliding from one of the local mountains with the owner (who is, himself, a certified Senior Paragliding Instructor). Special guest discounts apply.
Well? Sounds like it might be time to treat yourself to an island-getaway and come enjoy the unique beauty of Salt Spring Island. Island time awaits...
- 600 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- DVD Player
- Video Library
Location & View
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Relax in this temperate rainforest setting just 5 minutes south of groovy Ganges Village. Here you can enjoy restaurants, cafes, bakeries, stroll along the waterfront, pick-up groceries, explore shops, go kayaking, play a round of golf, listen to live music, visit the artisan galleries, or check out the popular Saturday market and more! There are trails to hike, beaches to comb, lakes to swim, and mountains to climb. For the adventurous-types, try tandem paragliding from one of the local mountains with the owner (who is, himself, a certified Senior Paragliding Instructor). Special guest discounts apply....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
I just spent 3 days at this adorable little cabin on Saltspring island, minutes from "downtown" but still far enough out for plenty of privacy. The fully fenced yard was really handy for my dog and the fresh air was wonderful for both of us. Clean, comfortable, cozy and quiet....what more could you ask for?
- Guest Beast Canine Services (Victoria, BC, Canada)
- Date of stay 05/10/13
- Review Submitted 05/16/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, age 55+, families with teenagers, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Payment due in full when booking. PayPal or Visa/MasterCard.
$200 refundable damage deposit required. Refunded within 24hrs of checkout.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$200
- Pet Fee: C$75
- Taxes Not included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Victoria International Airport (YYJ) at 29 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: BC Ferries - Fulford Harbour, Long Harbour at 9.8 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Fulford-Ganges Road (not quite a highway) at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Price Beach at 2.8 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Various - Ganges at 4.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Grouse Mountain at 91 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Salt Spring Island Golf and Country Club at 7.8 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Treehouse Cafe at 4.5 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: My wife and I are 40something, tried-and-true west coast island dwellers, who absolutely LOVE our island homes. We are both professionals (Natalie's into law and I'm into flying) and we divide our time between Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island (with extended jaunts to the Hawaiian island of Oahu). As owners, we deal with everything ourselves – from key exchanges, to cleaning, to repairs, and anything in between. We look forward to sharing with you the unique beauty of Salt Spring Island!
Why the Owner Chose Ganges:
We have been coming to Salt Spring Island for many years and always knew that we would purchase a get-away property here one day. The moment you step off of the ferry, you get a feeling for what makes Salt Spring Island so special.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
When we first drove up the driveway, the huge red cedars seemed to welcome us and we knew right away that it was the place for us!
Parking right outside
Double sleeping loft overlooking the bedroom
Morning sun on the outdoor patio (perfect place for tea/coffee). With umbrella.
Surrounded by cedars and douglas firs
One of many lakes worth a plunge
Fulford Harbour ferry sunrise
Corrine tries tandem paragliding from Mt Maxwell!
Nearby Beddis Beach
Door to bedroom
Entrance to Ganges Harbour-Raven Wood Retreat is in the forested area, mid-left
Kitchen and dining area
Lunch at the popular Saturday Market
Full of Salt Spring Island charm and great food!
Kayak landing at beautiful 'Chocolate Beach' outside Ganges Harbour
Natalie (owner) paraglides over the Fulford/Burgoyne Valley
Washer and dryer for your use
Sunset shoreline stroll (just 10min walk away!)
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, August 17, 2013