You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Pahoa house description
This is a three-bedroom, three-and-a-half bath home, located two blocks from the ocean, in a quiet residential are in the Puna District of the Hawaii Island. The house is new, having been built in 2008. It is three stories, with a two-car enclosed garage located on the first level. Entrance to the home is on the second level, where the three bedrooms are located.
The master bedroom is furnished with a king-sized bed, and has an en suite master bath, complete with Jacuzzi tub, glass-enclosed shower, double sinks, and a walk-in closet. It opens to a peaceful wrap-around lanai with view of the ocean. The guest bedroom is furnished with a double bed and also opens to the far side of the wrap-around lanai. The third bedroom is furnished with a double bed and looks out into the backyard. Each guest bedroom has its own private full bath and closet. Each bedroom has its own flat-panel TV.
The third level opens to a great room which encompasses the dining room, living room, reading area, and kitchen with island, with a half-bath off the dining room. There are plenty of windows, and two entries onto the upper wrap-around lanai. The lanai has a view of the ocean. The living room has a flat panel TV, complete with DVD player and surround-sound system. The entire house is laid with Brazilian Koa hardwood floors. The house is fully furnished, right down to the BBQ grill, snorkel equipment, beach towels and two beach chairs.
- 1964 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Scenic Drives
- This home is located a 35-minute drive south from the town of Hilo, on the east side of the island. This area is not known for its beaches; instead, it is known for its rugged coastline, with the waves crashing onto the lava cliffs. This is also the lush side of the island, and there are several waterfalls to visit, including Akaka Falls and Rainbow Falls. The house is located approximately 10 minutes from the funky town of Pahoa, where tie-die attire is the norm. There is an organic fruit stand and a well-stocked grocery store located there, along with some good restaurants. This side of the island is not touristy, but more suited for those who are looking for a quiet retreat or the more adventurous. There are no close beaches; to access those, you must travel up over the volcano and down into the Kailua-Kona area, an approximate two- to three-hour drive. It is, however, located fairly close (half-hour drive) to the Mauna Kea volcano, where there is hiking and sightseeing, and the Isaac Hale State Beach (15-minute drive), where you can catch a boat ride to view the lava entering into the sea. There are several botanical gardens close by and a macadamia farm to tour. University of Hawaii at Hilo is also close. The big cruise ships stop in Hilo Bay, and there are many small and unique shops, as well as good dining, a Farmers Market on Sunday and Wednesday and the Tsunami museum....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful Home with a View
Beautiful Home with a View
I decided to rent this property because of the open living/dining/kitchen area and proximity to the ocean. The space was just what I hoped for -- open and inviting and comfortable. I loved sitting on the lanai and seeing the ocean in the distance. It is also a very short walk to a ocean side park (you may want to bring a chair to sit in when you get there). Bedrooms are spacious and comfortable, and each has the own full bath -- which is a lovely bonus!
- Guest happytraveler (Schoolcraft, Michigan)
- Date of stay 08/04/13
- Review Submitted 08/27/13
Manager response: Dear Mary, Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back to visit us again. Aloha, Andrea
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 22 - Jan 9, 2014
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Rates are based on 1 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Call Andrea @ 808-937-6393 for Special Offers and Discounts.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Cleaning Fee: $400
- Tax Rate 13.25%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2012
I have been visiting the various Islands since my early twenties and have always dreamed of retiring in Hawaii. I recently made the decision to make my retirement dream a reality and purchased a home on Hawaii Island, so that I can come out several times a year until I can move here permanently. I picked the area of Pahoa, in the Puna District as it is centrally located with hiking at Volcano National Park, swim in geo thermal tide pools, explore Hilo the 'Big Little City' with Farmers market, small shops with lots of unique treasures, or walk the Liliuokalani Gardens all within 30 minutes from the house. Just 10 minutes away is the funky town of Pahoa (you will think you warped back to the 60s) along with a Market, a Organic Fruit Stand, to buy items you forgot to buy in Hilo.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Just a few things I love about this house, it is located in a quiet residential neighborhood of Hawaiian Shores - 2 blocks from the ocean. Enjoy the openness of rooms with all the windows, relax and sit out on the Lanai's (the house has 2 lanai's upstairs and one downstairs off 2 of the bedrooms) to enjoy watching a rainbow after a rain shower, eat your lunch or dinner or just read a book. The feeling of privacy with all the individual bedrooms each having their own bathroom and TV. Take your beach chairs to the cliffs and watch the waves crash against the Pali (Cliffs). Sometimes you even dolphins or whales. Listen to the coqui frogs at night to lull you to sleep
- Primary: +1 808-937-6396
- Secondary: + 8089376396
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Kitchen is open and spacious. Stocked with all almost everything you will need
Dining table is stylish and sleek
View from kitchen looking towards stairway leading to the 2nd level of bedrooms
Living Area, Cable TV, wireless internet service, local land line
For dining Al Fresco - lots of room and plenty of seating - 2 sets included
2nd Level Lanai - Outside of Master Bedroom
Hallway - leading to all rooms - Washer and Dryer located to right
Master Bedroom - King Size Bed, Walk-in closet, TV, opens up to 2nd level lanai
Room with Full Bed, TV, and full bath
Dining table for 6 - 8 people
View from dining area looking towards living area
View from kitchen looking towards living area and lanai
Lots of seating
Top Floor Powder Room
View from Top Floor lanai
2nd level lanai outside of 2nd bedroom
Master Bathroom with jetted Jacuzzi tub
2nd Bedroom - Walk-In Closet; Opens up to 2nd level lanai, AC, TV, Full bath
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 03, 2013