Rustic/Contemporary Cabin with Great Mountain Views
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Franklin cabin description
Cabin comfortably sleeps six adults, with a daybed/trundle (in carpeted, upstairs loft) for an additional two people. Granite countertops in the kitchen, a pellet stove in the living room, and charm/charm/charm everywhere! There is also a 24'x24' deck with propane-deck heater to really enjoy those outdoor moments.
Additionally, the upstairs has a beautiful game room - complete with pool table - atop a gorgeous, tongue-in-groove, wood floor.
Recent remodel included central heat and air-conditioning to ensure year round comfort!
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Satellite / Cable
- Game Room
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Water Parks
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- This cabin is located almost half-way between the North Carolina towns of Franklin and Highlands. Franklin is a small mountain town surrounded by beautiful streams, waterfalls, mountains, hills and valleys. The people are friendly and organize lots of activities, including festivals and arts and crafts shows. There are plenty of trails for hiking and the views are breathtaking. There is also plenty of fishing, hunting, rafting and kayaking available. The Franklin area is the Gem Capitol of the World, so if you try your hand at mining you are bound to find many beautiful and sometimes very valuable stones. Highlands has been a mountain respite for over a century allowing visitors to unwind while being treated to the finest amenities. Highlands features several spas for those requiring special attention. For your dining experience, you may sample various culinary cuisines from over twenty restaurants including five who have been awarded the coveted Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Nature is never far away with waterfalls, hiking trails, and varied outdoor adventures awaiting you. You can experience llama treks to all terrain vehicle tours through the forests. White water rafting is nearby. For those less adventurous, there is horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, tennis, and golf....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great stay!Guest comment entered by manager
Not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway in the Great Smoky Mountains, the cabin is like an excellently appointed ship anchored atop a sea of green hills. Between the towns of Franklin and Highlands but high above everyday concerns, the cabin truly was a treat. Such an elegant place and so very comfortable. The only thing I would suggest is to let guests know more about how well-equipped it is. For example, I assumed that there would be no washer/dryer at a cabin, so I packed more than I really needed. I was totally surprised by the TV and its 300+ stations, as well as the Bose radio. What a great perk. i guess I'm saying that the term "cabin" radically understates the accommodations!
- Guest Nancy
- Date of stay 05/01/13
- Review Submitted 06/10/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
One half due to reserve cabin; the remainder due one week prior to rental; checks preferred, however, can accommodate credit cards. By separate check a security deposit of $200 is required; funds will be returned within 30 days if no damage noted. If staying less than 7-days, there is a cleaning fee of $75.
- Tax Rate 9.75%
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Asheville Regional Airport, Asheville, NC at 72 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 40 at 40 Miles
Year Purchased: 1996
About: We have been visiting the Franklin/Highlands area of North Carolina for over thirty years - we fell in love with it when our kids were young because there is so much to do in the area. The 'old fashioned' kind of things - like picnics and hiking and rafting (to name a few). It's a special part of the world, a special place to make beautiful memories.
This property is special because of its location - near the top of the mountain with the spectacular views! Additionally, the cabin had so many unique and charming components that we just couldn't pass it up.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
In 2009, we remodeled the cabin, extending the building to almost double the square footage. Originally, it had one bedroom/one bathroom with a loft. Now it has three bedrooms/two bathrooms, a loft and, my favorite part, on-site laundry. We also added a 24'x24' deck to really enjoy those outdoor times!
- Primary: +1 (800) 499-9310
- Fax: +1 (828) 994-0106
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Enjoy a quiet morning on the deck - just you and the hummingbirds.
View from deck.
Another view of side deck.
Deck wraps around two sides of cabin.
Second bedroom with a queen-sized bed.
Couch - and Tiffany-glass wall sconces.
Desk area in master bedroom (printer/driver provided).
Pool table is located in the open loft area.
View from side deck.
Even at the end of fall, the view is still gorgeous.
Master bedroom - king sized bed, dresser/nightstand/en-suite bathroom.
Living room with 46' flat screen TV, storage ottomans and pellet stove.
Dining room with collapsible table - seats up to twelve.
Third bedroom - upstairs privacy with a king sized bed.
Main floor laundry facilities.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, September 24, 2013