A True 17th Century Tuscan Villa
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cortona villa description
Let the stress of the modern world melt away in the warm Tuscan sun while you drink in the culture and charm of this historically significant property.
The Villa is a 17th century villa set on a tiny Tuscan hilltop located between Cortona and Monte San Savino. A previous estate of the Cavalieri di Santo Stefano and the Grand Duke of Tuscany, Fontarronco then passed to the present owner. The villa has been featured in various journals and books.
The working estate of five hundred hectares specializes in grain, sunflower, maize and tomatoes, as well as grape vines, olives and fruit trees, including peach, pear and apple.
The property's private cypress lined lane leading to the villa passes the olive and tartufo groves, the riding stables and family chapel. The front of the home looks out onto the estate park filled with wild birds, chestnut, oak and pine trees. To the side is an organic herb and vegetable garden. To the left you will see the office and resident maid and gardeners home. Situated to the right is the geranium and lemon lined garage. The entire rear of the villa is discretely walled. Here you will find the pool, gazebo, bar hut, barbecue, limonaia with change room, washroom and shower.
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
The villa's smaller kitchen is located on the main level, equipped with a dumb waiter and all modern appliances including a gas range, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.The pantry next to the kitchen....moreless
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Family Chapel - The private chapel is an acoustic sensation, providing an unforgettable concert experience. Concerts can be arranged upon request. Riding Stables - On the property there is a lovely riding stable. You can board horses here or we can arrange to have some delivered to accommodate your equestrian needs. Internet and Telephone - The villa has high speed internet and Italian cellular phones can be arranged upon request. Services - maid, cook & gardener - There is a full time care taker/gardener and a maid for 6 hours a day included in the rental. We highly recommend hiring our local cook to enhance your Tuscan stay, providing you with culinary sensations from original family recipes. The maid and gardener live in a separate house on the property. ...moreless
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
Deck / Patio:
There is an enormous vined pergola for dining. The pool hut is equipped with a small fridge and toaster oven for swimming pool snacks. The limonaia has the changing area and a bathroom with shower....moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Outlet Shopping
- Horseback Riding
- Equestrian Events
- Medical Services
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Eco Tourism
- Historical cities such as Arezzo (15km), Monte San Savino (5km), Cortona (15km), Pienza (35km), Siena (52km), Florence (65km) and Assisi (85km) are all located within a one hour drive. Fontarronco is situated on an important historical road. The villa's close proximity to treasured monumental periods of the Etruscan, Roman, Mediaeval and Renaissance make it an ideal base for anyone who would like to explore and enjoy Tuscany....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $1500 Nightly
Jun 1 - Sep 30
7 night min stay
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Florence at 75 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Arezzo at 15 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: A1 at 7 Kilometres
Aerial view of the villa
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, October 05, 2013