Beautiful 2nd Row Cottage with Pool - Perfect for Cozy Fall or Winter Getaway
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ocean Isle Beach cottage description
We purchased the Sweet Tee for her charm and her location on the second row directly across from the beach access walkway and lovingly renovated her in 2013. The home is a classic Carolina shotgun style beach cottage featuring an open concept living area, dining area and kitchen in the center of the cottage and the bedrooms on each side of the house. The living & dining rooms and kitchen were updated with beautiful new hardwood floors. We retained her charm (vaulted and beamed ceilings throughout - painted sky blue) but gave her modern updates like stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops in kitchen. The bedrooms have new neutral carpet and are decorated in the colors of the sand and surf. The bedroom set ups: One room with King, Two rooms with Queens and a room with Two Twins (all BRs have their own flat screen TVs). The house also has WIFI in the event you must access your laptop! The home has Direct TV.
There is a large porch full of rockers on the front of the cottage and a stairwell leads up to a rooftop deck where you can take in the ocean views. On the rear of the cottage, there is a roomy screened porch with a table for dining or playing games. The screened porch overlooks your private pool. It serves as a second living space outdoors!
Ahhhh...The Pool! The pool is located in the backyard and is gated and fenced for privacy. It features a 'waterfall' seat at one end and a 'jetted sitting ledge' at the other. There are lounge chairs and an additional table for dining at the pool... and more rockers placed under the porch so you can sit out of the sun if needed and watch the swimmers! We also have a picnic table and grill for outdoor enjoyment.
There is a new outside shower stall. You can conveniently rinse off the sand before you hit the pool or enter the house. There is a retractable clothesline close by to hang your towels and suits.
There is a ton of parking space under the house and a large driveway that can accommodate more parking as needed.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bathrooms feature tiled floors and tub/shower combos in beachy colors. True to the period of the home, the baths are comfortable, but compact. Each bedroom has a large mirror for dressing or drying hair. The outdoor shower is also new and is a wonderful place to consider showering - especially fun for kids!...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
Pool & Spa
Deck / Patio:
Front porch, Roof deck & screened porch - lots of outdoor space! You can hear the 'waterfall' from the pool on the screened porch. You can also see the kids in the pool from the screened porch...moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Once you cross the bridge over onto Ocean Isle Beach, the 'Sweet Tee' cottage is located on the west side of the island. From the cottage, you can walk directly across the street to the public beach access walkway and you are on the beach. The pier is a 5-10 minute walk via side walk or beach walk. When you are not relaxing on the beach or enjoying the private pool at the house, you can play putt putt, fish off the pier, visit numerous ice cream & surf shops and restaurants and bars. If you have golfers in your group - you will be delighted with the numerous area courses. Favorite courses include River's Edge in Shallotte, The Thistle in Sunset Beach, Sea Trail in Sunset Beach, Tiger's Eye in Ocean Ridge Plantation and Glendornoch in Little River SC. (All very close - 10-15 minute drives.) There's a reason why the cottage has 'Tee' in the name! Seafood restaurants are bountiful. There are several on the island and MANY others within a short 10-15 minute drive to Calabash NC. Our family loves The Boundary House in Calabash and the Inlet View (between OIB and Shallotte) where you can dine overlooking the waterway and see Holden Beach - another area island). We also love the Sugar Shack - a Jamaican inspired local restaurant just back over the bridge. For lunch, we love a visit to The Purple Onion in Shallotte - and there is a movie theater in Shallotte as well. The Causeway Gourmet is another wonderful local restaurant (take out available and delivery too) just back over the bridge. Everything on the menu is wonderful and they make great desserts! Pizza delivery available too. Want to have seafood at the cottage, but don't want to cook it? Call Bill's Seafood in Sunset Beach (the next island over and a 5-10 minute drive) - they will steam shrimp and crabs for pick up! There is a grocery store within 5 minutes and a local convenience store (Sheffield's) on the island. The local ABC store is also on the island. Into fishing? You can fish off the pier or charter a trip at the Ocean Isle Fishing Center. Surf fishing is also fun! There are cute shops in the area and there is a Tanger Outlet within a 30 minute drive to North Myrtle Beach SC. Barefoot Landing in NMB is also a popular entertainment destination. The House of Blues and other attractions and shopping are located there. You can head north for a day trip to Wilmington NC. Wilmington is the 'Hollywood of NC' - many films and TV shows are filmed there. You can also visit the Battleship North Carolina and stroll the downtown area. We love the versatility of staying on a small island that isn't too 'commercial' and has a small town feel - but if we want a change of pace, there are MANY things to do within 30 minutes of OIB. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Spent a week at the Sweet Tee and my only complaint is that our stay wasn't long enough! :) This was my second visit here and it was even better than the first. Beautiful cottage...corner lot, perfect location so close to beach access...decorated so lovely. Our family loved the pool as much as the ocean. Many wonderful amenities including TV's in each room. Perfect place for a relaxing family beach vacation! We will be back! :)
- Guest DCP (Cary, NC)
- Date of stay 06/22/13
- Review Submitted 07/17/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you for the review and great feedback and thank you for being a repeat visitor!!!! We look forward to having you and your family back many more times!!
Another Great Vacation
Another Great Vacation
The home was clean, and very nicely decorated, a little too small even for 8 people, not enough room in bedrooms for suit cases and not enough dresser room, shortage on pots and pans and the knobs kept coming off dressers......pool was great as was porches and perfect access to beach, loved that. I guess we need a bigger place next year but loved our stay....thanks
- Guest Gerry (Pennsylvania)
- Date of stay 06/15/13
- Review Submitted 06/30/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you for your comments! We are glad you enjoyed your trip! We have taken measures to secure knobs on dresser. Many folks unpack and put suitcases in storage room downstairs for more space. I would love to hear from you (and will email you privately) about what other pots and pans would be helpful. We have a complete set and tried to think of everything - so any feedback is helpful! We want to make stays as convenient as possible.
We had a great time at Sweet Tee! This charming cottage was ideal for our family which included three boys ages five and under. It was beautifully decorated, extremely comfortable, and a short walk across the street to the beach. It offered everything we needed for a week at the beach. The back deck was perfect for sitting and talking in the evenings. We enjoyed time at the pool when the surf was too rough at the beach due to a tropical storm. The owners of Sweet Tee provided an info manual with directions for the TV and computer, plus tips on local restaurants and activities. Their tips were right on the mark! I would recommend Sweet Tee to anyone wanting a respite from the "real" world! It was a very comfortable place to stay.
- Guest Shelley (Wilmington)
- Date of stay 06/08/13
- Review Submitted 06/18/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: We are so glad your family enjoyed the cottage! Please come see us again soon!
My family has been renting coastal property for over 35years and this stay has been the least stressful. The location is perfect Across for the beach with it's own private pool. The description and photos accurately reflect the property but do not give you a true feeling for the special 'homey' touch. The house embraces you and you are at home when you open the door. We arrived for a long holiday weekend and did not leave until it was time to leave. The children and adults had activities and space to be be together and quiet space. We can not say enough about how much we enjoyed the house and it's welcoming arms. Can't wait until we can return for an extended stay.
- Guest KCS (Durham, NC)
- Date of stay 05/24/13
- Review Submitted 05/29/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway.
Owner response: We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to having you again!
Spent the weekend at the Sweet Tee in April and loved it! Such a beautiful place, great location & so full of charm! The renovations made were stunning...beautiful furnishings everywhere...you'd think this was a brand new house! Loved the private pool. There's a small waterfall at one end and I loved listening to the quiet sound of the water as we relaxed by the pool. Also loved relaxing & dining on the back screened porch overlooking the pool and having a cocktail on the front porch after dinner. The rooms are spacious, yet cozy and beautifully decorated. TV's in every room, which was a plus! The updated kitchen is fully stocked and there's a spacious dining area to enjoy. The beach was only a 2-3min walk from the front door. Immaculately clean and overall lovely place to stay. Our new favorite at OIB! We'll definitely be back! :)
- Guest DCP (Cary, NC)
- Date of stay 04/12/13
- Review Submitted 05/05/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Owner response: We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and are thrilled you are staying with us this summer too! Since the weather has warmed up - we have added new lounge chairs & small tables at the pool! You are always welcome back to Sweet Tee and hope you will enjoy your future stays with us!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 25 - Mar 2, 2014
2 night min stay
|High Season 2014
May 31 - Aug 16
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Local and State Taxes are 12.75%
Cleaning Fee is $100
Email owner for weekly or monthly pricing in off season. This area is still a wonderful place to visit during the fall, winter and spring!
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning: $100
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 12.75%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: My husband and I are both North Carolina natives and met in college. I am the nature lover and am content to be outside all day - on the beach, on the porch or at the pool! My husband is a GOLF FANATIC! He loves the area for the wonderful golf courses - hence the name of the cottage - Sweet Tee! (Even our sweet dog is named Birdie!) We own a real estate company in Winston-Salem and have a lot of experience with managing our own rental properties as well as those of our clients. When we choose a vacation property, we want to feel as comfortable in the rental as we do in our own home. We have put a lot of TLC into 'Sweet Tee' and hope you will feel it is your home away from home!
Why the Owner Chose Ocean Isle Beach:
I started coming to Ocean Isle Beach when I was a kid. In fact, my high school girlfriends and I make a trip back every year. It has always been my dream to own a place in the area. My family and I love the small town feel of the island - but we also like that you can make a trip to the Myrtle Beach or Wilmington areas in 30-45 minutes for a change of pace. From the minute you drive over the bridge onto the island, you will feel the cares of the world melt away! We purchased the cottage in the Fall of 2012 and have loved renovating it. Our goal was to keep the 'charm' of the 50's/60's period cottage - but give it the 'modern creature comforts' you want in a vacation home. When we found out the lot was big enough to install a pool - we were thrilled. It is a wonderful addition! You are a few short steps to the beach - the house is right across the street from the beach access. This is HUGE when you are carrying your chairs, toys, munchies and drinks to the beach!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Sweet Tee has an interior that is completely updated, inviting and comfortable - and if you love outdoor spaces - this house is for you! Sun on the roof deck, rock on the front porch, have dinner on the screened porch or swim in the pool! This house lives large because of all of the outdoor spaces. Location, Location, Location! You will love the convenience to the beach access. I have timed my walk across the street until my toes hit the sand and it's about two minutes! Come stay for a spell!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to Sweet Tee - large front porch and roof deck - fenced pool in back
Refreshing pool - waterfall seating at one end and 'seating ledge' at other end
Front porch for rocking - left side of picture shows gated stairway to roof deck
Your view from the porch dining area - overlooking pool
Comfortable living area - view from entrance - new furniture in nautical colors
View of Dining Area - seating for six at table and three at kitchen island
View from kitchen island into DR and LR - vaulted ceiling throughout center
Bath 1 is Harbor Blue with 'porthole inspired' mirror - completely updated
TV in Twin BR - perfect for gaming or cartoons on a rainy day
BR 3 features soft, relaxing colors on the queen sized bed
Ahoy! Welcome to BR 4 - featuring a king sized bed and continued nautical theme
We hope you will follow these directions as you enjoy your time at Sweet Tee!
Side View - house is located on a corner lot - no neighbor on left side!
Close up of jetted seating ledge on far end of pool
Your ocean view from the roof deck! House located DIRECTLY across beach access
Seating area on screen porch - your second living area outside!
Another view of living room - front porch right outside of the windows
Updated kitchen features granite counter tops & stainless steel appliances
BR 1 features a queen sized bed and soothing blue and white decor
BR 2 - cheery, bright colors - two twin beds are overlooked by Mr. and Mrs. Owl!
Bath Two is Sunny Yellow - completely updated - shower/tub combo with new tile
Another view of BR 3 - also has it's own TV!
View from door of BR 4 - King BR has TV as well as large dressing mirror
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 23, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.