Rose Cottage by-the-Sea - Charming 3BR Bungalow - Del Mar Beach Colony
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Del Mar bungalow description
This charming 3 BR, 1BA family bungalow is exactly where you want it to be: in the heart of the Del Mar Beach Colony, less than two short blocks from the 24th Street beach, and within easy walking distance of the Del Mar Racetrack, County Fairgrounds, and all the shops and restaurants in the heart of Del Mar village. Comfortably sleeps 4-5.
The Rose Cottage By the Sea has everything you need to feel at home on vacation: a gourmet cook-ready kitchen with oils, spices, deluxe one-press coffee maker, Cuisinart & more; luxurious tempurpedic mattresses and plenty of down pillows and all-cotton bed & bath linens; beach, surf and picnic gear; board games & books to borrow; flat screen HDTVs and WiFi throughout the house; backyard barbecue, outdoor tables & linens for dining al fresco; cozy furniture, and an authentic bohemian California vibe.
If you're looking for all the comforts of home away from home, in an idyllic setting with plenty of local flavor, then our fully stocked beach bungalow is your dream come true.
Fall asleep to the sounds of the surf in one of 2 master bedrooms, while your little ones drift off to dreamland in the kids' room or second master. Both masters feature queen-sized tempurpedic beds for ultimate comfort after a day of play, and have LCD TVs with cable channels, blue ray DVDs, and access to online content (Netflix, Hulu, etc).
* The Writer's Retreat master bedroom, located on the west side of the living room apart from the other bedrooms, features rustic redwood paneling, vintage artwork, a spacious closet, and an antique roll top desk for the Hemingway in your family.
* The Reader's Nook second master bedroom, on the east side, is adjacent to the kids' room, warmly decorated in an authentic bohemian bungalow style, and fully stocked with over a half-century of English and American novels ready to be borrowed.
* The Kids' Room has twin trundle beds, a cozy beach vibe, and is stocked with children's literature and board games.
If you are the kind of traveler who wants to immerse yourself in local flavor, who opts for character over generic, and would prefer a genuine bohemian home to a cookie-cutter hotel chain, then Rose Cottage is where you want to be.
Rentals are by the week only, Saturday-to-Saturday.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Our Kids' Bedroom features a trundle bed, a bean bag for story time, and of course a collection of children's books and family games. Rose Cottage is beach-ready, with a sturdy Radio Flyer wagon to transport our supply of Boogie Boards, sand toys, umbrellas, towels & beach cairs down the street to the beach. Our Guest Guide offers detailed instructions for walking your kids to the Del Mar Fair, bringing a picnic to Seagrove Park & playground, plus driving directions to all the local family activities, from the Zoo & Seaworld to Legoland & Dsneyland. We did the homework, so your time can be devoted to having fun!...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Equestrian Events
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Whale Watching
- *Personalized Visitors Guide for Our Guests* Once you book your stay, we will send you our unique Rose Cottage Guest Guide, filled with photos, links to maps and websites, and all of our personal recommendations for an unforgettable stay. While it will be tempting to spend your whole visit at the beach, in the water, and on foot (after all, that’s pretty much how we roll when we’re there), you can easily explore all that San Diego County has to offer from your home base at Rose Cottage. With its mild weather and stunning coastal geography, San Diego has endless options for the active, and we'll tell you where to find the best surfing (and surf lessons), hiking, golfing, diving, snorkeling, and horseback riding in the area... plus where to treat yourself to a spa day, the best spots for Mexican food, Pizza, Italian, Thai, deli, burgers, gourmet picnics, and romantic dinners. And we’ve included links to cultural venues, plus suggestions for day trips for those of you who plan to stay a while. *Happy is Easy* From your home base in Del Mar, you can be as active or relaxed as you need to be. And with our exclusive Rose Cottage Visitors Guide, you'll have all of our locals-only recommendations for the best places to eat, play and shop - complete with links to websites, maps and menus. Because life in Del Mar should be easy. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Rose Cottage Review
Rose Cottage Review
My wife and 2 children, ages 8 and 5, had a wonderful stay at the cottage. Easy walk to one of the best beaches in CA with a nice lifeguard tower, including restrooms/beach showers. Easy drives to LEGOLAND and the zoo. The house had everything we needed, including wifi, little yards (front and back) for the kids to explore/play and all right next to the conveniences of Del Mar. However, it's an older house without a dishwasher, so may not be excellent for everyone.
- Guest Thomas W.
- Date of stay 10/06/13
- Review Submitted 10/16/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, tourists without a car.
Great Beach Getaway
Great Beach Getaway
This is a beautiful home - very well kept, great deck/backyard that is quiet and relaxing. 100 paces from the beach - awesome location right near the water. The house has a great kitchen, bedrooms with plenty of space, and a comfortable living room. We can't wait to be back again! A fabulous experience - highly recommended.
- Guest Rob (Rockville, MD)
- Date of stay 08/03/13
- Review Submitted 08/15/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, adventure seekers, age 55+, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, families with young children, tourists without a car, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Jun 7 - Sep 7
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
$1000.00 Security Deposit
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$110.00 Cleaning Fee.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Diego International at 22.4 Miles
- Nearest Train: Solana Beach Amtrack Station at 1.7 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-5 at 0.8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Down the street! at Del Mar
- Nearest Barpub: Jake's Restaurant at 0.7 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Torrey Pines Golf Course at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Jake's Restaurant at 0.7 Miles
Year Purchased: 1972
About the owner: The Rose Cottage By the Sea has been our family home since 1972. We are a brother and sister who grew up as Del Mar locals since the 1960s, and we love sharing our magical hometown with travelers who appreciate an authentic 'local' experience. Our kids look forward to returning to Del Mar every season for family vacations, and we know yours will too.
Why the Owner Chose Del Mar:
If you're looking for an authentic Southern California experience where you can live like the locals, rather than a packaged resort where you're surrounded by other tourists, then you want to stay in Del Mar, not in San Diego. From the home base of the Rose Cottage in the heart of the Del Mar Beach Colony, you can walk to the beach, to quaint shops & enticing boutiques, fine restaurants & casual cafes, the Del Mar Fairgrounds & Racetrack, or hang out with local families at Seagrove Park playground... And it's still an easy drive to adventures throughout San Diego County, from the world famous San Diego Zoo and Sea World to Legoland and the Wild Animal Park.
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
With a gourmet cook-ready kitchen, well-stocked library, and plenty of beach supplies, you will live like a local at Rose Cottage. In the morning, you roll out of bed, walk just steps to the beach, and roll out your towels to save your favorite spot on the sand. You come home for breakfast, bring the kids and boogie boards back to the beach, and then pop home for lunch (or even to use the bathroom - it's that close!). Finished your novel? No worries: run back to the house to borrow a book from the house library, grab a surfboard or snack, and when you're thoroughly waterlogged, walk into town for a picnic in Seagrove Park, or a dinner overlooking the ocean at Del Mar Plaza. We've mapped out all the best places to eat, play, and enjoy the unique culture of North County, including local hangouts that you won't read about in a travel guide. So come to Rose Cottage By the Sea, and live like a Del Mar local. You'll fall in love with our way of life.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to the Rose Cottage By the Sea
Dining room opens to the back yard
Living room to master bedroom #1
Living room to east bedrooms and bathroom.
Rustic Cottage Bathroom
Backyard BBQ & dining al fresco
Master Bed #1: Writer's Retreat
Kids' Room with trundle bed. 2nd twin pulls out as needed.
Master #2: Reader's Nook
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 09, 2013