Charming Luxury in Rustic Fredericksburg
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Fredericksburg bed and breakfast description
This jewel of a flagstone house was built in 1959 but has lovingly been updated to meet the needs of any traveler plus much more. The kitchen alone is worth a stay with its professional gas cooktop, double ovens, industrial refrigerator and all the modern appliances a discerning traveler could wish for. Not that you would want to cook while staying but should the desire arise the kitchen is stocked with high quality cookware and an assortment of spices and items to help a cook prepare a snack or a gourmet meal. The three bedrooms, (king), (Queen), and (2 Twin) beds plus a queen sleeper sofa provide ample space and comfort for 8 people. Two baths with tub and shower. Large living room and den areas each have 32 inch TV's with digital cable plus DVD/Blue Ray provide plenty of entertainment as well as CD player and IPod dock. Two outdoor spaces provide comfortable space for dining or lounging. The dining room can seat 8 people. The wine bar holds glasses and additional items for guests to enjoy tasting the many local wines...(wine not provided) The house is decorated to provide both a restful and interesting experience. We provide snacks and bottled water for our weary travelers as well as a healthy breakfast of gourmet coffee and quick oatmeal with assorted toppers to get you back on the road or on the town for a day of shopping or sightseeing.
- 1700 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Bed And Breakfast
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Our goal is to make each bedroom an oasis for the visitor. High quality linens and a soothing color pallet help you relax and restore both the body and mind and get you ready for another day of fun and adventure. The Queen size sleeper sofa in the den provides space for up to 2 adults and is a true mattress, so no bar across your back.......moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Beautifully remodeled but maintaining the charm of an older home.
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning
- The Travelers House has something for everyone, relax in the living room, rest and restore in the bedrooms, cook a gourmet meal in the kitchen, party on the patio or get some work done in the den with wireless internet and a workspace. The wine bar provides glasses and space to share local wines with your friends. Whether you want a romantic get-a-way with a loved one, gather with family or host a girls shopping weekend the Travelers House is the best choice....moreless
- Video Library:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Rock Climbing
- Medical Services
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, with its many attractions like the LBJ State, National Parks, National Museum of the Pacific War, Wildseed Farm, Enchanted Rock State Park, many wineries and vineyards and centrally located for easy day trips to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, TX., Austin, San Antonio, Marble Falls, and Wimberly....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Love, love, love this house!!
Love, love, love this house!!
What a great house, clean and beautiful wood floors along with a dream of a kitchen. The owners thought of everything we could want and the outdoor seating was perfect for a group to gather and relax with a glass of wine. We all enjoyed the nice linens and the bedrooms were nicer than a lot of hotels I've stayed in. Can't think of any negatives about the place. I would come back here any time.
- Guest Smartypants (Texas)
- Date of stay 05/01/13
- Review Submitted 05/16/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
$275.00* 1-4 persons/night (Friday-Saturday includes Events and Holidays $225.00* 1-4 persons/night (Sunday-Thursday excludes Events and Holidays $35.00/each extra person/night $20.00*/each pet/per night *plus 13% tax Check in 3p.m. Check out 11a.m. **Long term rental considered, check with Gastehaus Schmidt for rates.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Austin, TX, San Antonio, TX at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Texas Hwy 290 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Multiple at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Multiple at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About: We are native Texans who have the great blessing to be able to travel extensively. Sharing our home provides an opportunity for you to enjoy the property and explore some of the items we've collected during our travels. We have lived in several other parts of the United States and now live in West Africa but Texas is our forever home state.
This wonderful house in Fredericksburg is a dream come true for my husband and myself. Before we married...going on 20 years ago, we both said our dream location to retire would be Fredericksburg and this is a step in that direction.
The Unique Benefits at this Bed And Breakfast:
Travelers House is located in a wonderful part of town, just 5 blocks off Main Street. After the hustle and bustle of a day on the town come back here for a quiet and tranquil respite. If you are an early riser you might be lucky enough to spot a deer in the yard.
- Primary: +1 866/427-8374 Toll Free
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Travelers House
Living Room With Comfortable Seating
Everyone loves jellybeans....
Den area with queen sleeper sofa.
32' TV with digital cable, DVD and BlueRay system
Comfortable Seating With Outdoor Chandalier
Dining for up to 8
Desk Space With Wireless Internet.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.