Dynamite Two Bedroom 'Hotel Quality' Villa W/ Marsh and Ocean Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Harbor Island condo description
NEW LISTING NEVER RENTED BEFORE. HARBOR ISLAND IS A PRIVATE 1400 ACRE BARRIER ISLAND ON THE ATLANTIC OCEAN 12 MILES (25 MINUTES) FROM BEAUFORT, SOUTH CAROLINA. THE BEACH IS JUST NEVER CROWDED BECAUSE HARBOR IS A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH 2 1/2 MILES OF BEACH (meaning small number of lots to the amount of beach).
WHY RENT THIS VILLA?
1) IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE LOW COUNTRY, GOOD NEWS: It's a little bit of heaven with live oaks, lush dense greenery, the stars at night w/o city lights (imagine that) the ocean, the canals, the marsh and a wonderful beach for kids.
2) You are 60 SECONDS FROM YOUR FRONT DOOR to the the BEACHWALK.
3) To make your life easier, WE HAVE WIFI! (AND THREE CABLE TV'S).
4) TAKE YOUR PICK FROM THREE (3) POOLS: We have found that many people who come to the beach actually prefer spending time at the pool –NOT A PROBLEM! The 'BIG' POOL IS 1-2 MINUTES AWAY AT THE BEACH CLUB -- AN EASY WALK. WE HAVE TENNIS COURTS, A BASKETBALL COURT, AND A PLACE TO PLAY VOLLEYBALL ).
5) The Beach Club has a the big pool and a children's pool and an INDOOR FITNESS ROOM for you. Play some volleyball. Watch the kids enjoy the playscape and frolic in the baby pool. You can always just grab the paper or a favorite book and enjoy a gorgeous marsh view and the surroundings.
6) OR... GO TO ONE OF THE TWO SMALLER POOLS WHICH ARE A PART OF CEDAR REEF VILLAS (SEE PHOTO BELOW) -- ONE POOL IS LESS THAN A MINUTE AWAY from the condo. WE DON'T EVEN ALLOW AMENITY CARDS AND YOU WON'T NEED THEM!
7) THE CONDOMINIUM IS NICELY FURNISHED AS YOU WILL SEE ... ALTHOUGH IT HAS JUST BEEN LISTED, WE HAVE ALREAD BEEN TOLD THAT IT IS THE MOST COMFORTABLE TWO BEDROOMS IN CEDAR REEF.... A FORMER MAYOR AND HIS WIFE WHO SPECIALIZES IN REAL ESTATE LIVED THERE.
8) GOLF YOU SAY? FRIPP ISLAND NEXT DOOR HAS 2 COURSES INCLUDING A 'DAVIS LOVE' COURSE. [CALL FOR RESERVATIONS] THERE ARE 9 MORE COURSES IN THE AREA BESIDES THE FRIPP COURSES. CHECK THE PHONE BOOK.
AND: THERE ARE 3 'GOLF FLAGS' NEXT TO THE TENNIS COURTS WHERE YOU CAN PRACTICE YOUR SHORT GAME WITHOUT GOING ANYWHERE -- YOU WILL SEE THEM ON THE WAY IN.
9) ALTHOUGH YOU WILL SEE THE OCEAN AND THE MARSH THE MINUTE YOU ENTER THE CONDO, YOUR ROUTE TO THE OCEAN IS EVEN CLOSER THAN THE SOUTHERN WINDOW VIEW -- THE BEACH IS EAST, TO YOUR LEFT AND ONLY SECONDS AWAY (First timers often RUN.)
10) *BONUS*: The owner will send you information on restaurants close to the Island and in the Beaufort area AND what you need to bring with you.
11) THIS IS A FRIENDLY PLACE WHERE PEOPLE WAIVE HELLO FROM THEIR CARS AND THE BEACH IS NEVER CROWDED, AS IN 'NEVER EVER CROWDED.'
12) YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE BIG BIRDS -- WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THE AUDUBON SOCIETY HAS RECOGNIZED HARBOR ISLAND AS AN 'IBA', i.e., AN 'IMPORTANT BIRD AREA (We didn't make this up; check with the Audubon Society.): SNOWY WHITE EGRETS, GREAT BLUE HERONS, IBIS, OSPREYS PELICANS AND SEA GULLS...even teeny weeny small plovers!
13) AND ALTHOUGH THE DOLPHINS DON'T FLY, THEY SWIM PRETTY GOOD AND YOU CAN SEE THEM FOLLOWING THE SHRIMP BOATS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.
14) THEN THERE ARE THE ALLIGATORS BEHIND THE FENCE IN THE ROOKERIES WHERE THE BIG BIRDS NEST. BOTH KEEP THEIR EYE ON THE OTHER AS THEY SHOULD. BIRDS AND ALLIGATORS BOTH FREQUENT THE 4 ROOKERIES. BUT DO NOT FEED THE ALLIGATORS....
THEY DO VERY WELL BY THEMSELVES!
15) HUNTING ISLAND, A STATE PARK, IS A MILE AWAY WITH THE ONLY PUBLIC LIGHTHOUSE IN S.C. AND YOU CAN GO TO THE TOP --[IF YOU CAN KEEP UP WITH YOUR KIDS.]
16) THERE'S MORE: SEE SCHOOLS OF DOLPHINS and VIEW SHRIMP BOATS (in season). SEAGULLS and PELICANS WILL ENTERTAIN YOU. CRAB AT THE INLETS, OR FISH FROM SHORE.
17) AND DON'T MISS THE FISHING BRIDGE AT THE END OF HUNTING ISLAND GOING TOWARD FRIPP ISLAND.
18) WATCH MOTHER AND FATHER OSPREYS GUARD THEIR HATCHLINGS FROM THEIR TOWERS. YOU MAY ALSO SEE AN OCCASIONAL DEER OR AN EAGLE ALTHOUGH YOUR CHANCES MAY BE BETTER AT HUNTING ISLAND STATE PARK - SMALL FEE TO ENTER.
19) AT HARBOR, IT'S A TOSS UP WHETHER THE SUNSETS OVER THE WATER ARE BETTER OR THE SOFT GLOW OF THE SUN AS DAWN BREAKS.
20) BEAUFORT HAS BEEN RATED BY FORTUNE MAGAZINE AS A TOP PLACE TO RETIRE AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHY. AND I HOPE THAT I MENTIONED THAT THE BEACH IS 'NEVER' CROWDED? WHY IS THAT? SIMPLE: BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY LOTS RELATIVE TO THE OVER TWO MILES OF BEACH! AHH...SIMPATICO - SI!
THANKS! HAVE A GREAT TIME!
- On floor 2
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 3-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Beach View
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Basketball Court
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Pier Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Recreation Center
- Fitness Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
ReviewsWrite a review
What a gem! Can't wait to go back.
What a gem! Can't wait to go back.
This place is absolutely lovely. Everything we were looking for and more. Newly renovated, top quality appliances and comfy bedding, new carpet and paint. Nicely decorated. Sparkling clean. The view of the marsh to the ocean was perfect and we spent lots of time on that deck enjoying the breeze. The walk to the ocean is about a four minute stroll. The beach was huge and private. Charleston is less than two hours away, Savannah is about an hour away. And Beautfort is a lovely little town about 15 minutes away. Plenty of restaurants, loved Griffin Market and Salutas. This place is not crowded and everyone was very nice. Harbor Island has all kinds of bird life and we loved walking and just observing the wildlife. Sitting on the deck and watching the birds in the marsh in the morning was especially fun. This was one of the best vacations we've ever had and plan to go back very soon to this exact unit. We've been to many rentals and this was just the best ever. Doris at Harbor Island Rentals was very helpful. I highly recommend this particular unit. Nicely done Harbor Island, nicely done!!
- Guest Becky (Louisville, Ky.)
- Date of stay 07/13/13
- Review Submitted 07/23/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Mar 01- May 21 USD/$950week May 21 - July 30 ...USD/$1200/week July 30 - Nov. 26....USD/$950 week Nov 26 - Feb/28 USD $800 week
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: THE OWNER IS AN HONEST ATTORNEY IN ATLANTA. (HONEST!).
Why the Owner Chose Harbor Island:
THIS PROPERTY HAS NEVER BEEN RENTED BEFORE. IT WAS OWNED BY A COUPLE WHO LIVED THERE AND ARE IN THE REAL ESTATE BUSINESS. THEY FURNISHED IT AS YOU WOULD YOUR OWN HOME.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
HARBOR ISLAND IS BLESSED BY NATURE DUE TO THE OCEAN, THE BEAUTY OF THE LOW COUNTRY. THE YEAR AROUND INHABITANTS ARE FRIENDLY AND ARE PROUD OF THEIR COMMUNITY.
- Primary: + 404 786 2505 No calls before 9:00 A.M. or after 7:00 P.M.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Slow down. Forget your every day.... Just Relax.......
THE BEACH THAT IS NEVER CROWDED!
i'M TELLING YOU THIS IS A STYLISH CONDO!
THE CONDO IS ATTRACTIVE AND WELL FURNISHED
Powder room door (how exciting) and part of living room.
The outside deck on the 2nd floor. 4 comfortable chairs and an umbrella.
Master bedroom has a vanity desk for makeup and full bath.
2nd floor bathroom in 2nd bedroom. Hair dryer AND full bath.
1 of two beachwalks a minute away.
Just being there will bring out your inner self.... I swear.
WHY is the beach 'never crowded? Easy! 2 miles of beach, small number of lots.
This is the SMALL pool--2 like it! The 'BIG' pool is at the Beach Club.
A 3 dimensional 'objet d'art', nof a painting!
STANDING IN THE GLASS WALLED DINING ROOOM LOOKING THROUGH TO THE KITCHEN
One of 3 cable TV's!
The oher side of the deck!
King Bed 3rd floor (with large window).
Second bedroom has two twin beds.
Compare this with the very first picture. Nature in all its forms.
A view of the marsh. Hunting Island in the distance. Beach 60 seconds to left.
It's all part of Harbor Island--- Throw your worries AWAY.......YAY!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, July 15, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
+ 404 786 2505
No calls before 9:00 A.M. or after 7:00 P.M.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.