'Two Bedrooms for the Price of One!'
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kaunakakai condo description
Our unit is on the east end of the second floor of the only oceanfront building. There are two bedrooms, one bathroom, and an oceanfront lanai. It was fully remodeled in 2009. Please note that only in two bedroom apartments is the master bedroom ocean front. Enjoy, like we do, sleeping this close to the shore. As it is on the second floor, privacy is not an issue. Also, because it is the end apartment with added windows in the kitchen and master bedroom, there is increased ventilation and a view of the pool and cabana area.
The ocean is only a few feet from the building. There are visible remnants of Hawaiian fishponds along this shore. Have your morning coffee on the lanai while watching the sun come up behind Maui with the islands of Lanai and Kaho'olawe in the background across the Paliolo Channel. On clear mornings, look for the big island of Hawaii over 100 miles away.
- On floor 2
- 880 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden:
Location & View
- Basketball Court
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Deepsea Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Wavecrest is 13 miles from Kaunakakai, and about a 20 to 25 minute drive. As you head east from Kaunakakai you will notice the vegetation getting more luxuriant. By the time you pull off the two-lane road at mile marker 13 you will have entered the 'tropics' and be welcomed by the beautiful landscaping of the resort. The resort is on five green, landscaped, waterfront acres. On the grounds you can enjoy a pool with cabana, tennis, two gas barbecues, plenty of room and lounges and tables for just plain relaxing. The pool and cabana are located right on the oceanfront. There is enjoyable walking right out the entrance on the lightly traveled road or trails in the hills to the east of the resort. There are three, three-story, main buildings occupied by mostly seasonal owners. We have never seen full occupancy even in the busy winter season. This is one of the only shores in Hawaii with a barrier reef. The reef keeps the waves down so there is generally calm water in the foreshore with the constantly changing reef break about one-fourth-mile off shore. From late December to April, Humpback whales return to these waters between the islands. They are often seen right off shore. Please check out visitmolokai.com to help you plan your trip and for many available activities. You can also check this link: themolokaidispach.com for the local weekly paper so you can get a glimpse of island news and life. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Nov 30
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cancellations received 60 days pre-arrival will be fully refunded. Cancellations received at least 30 days before your arrival date will be refunded minus a $100.00 handling fee. Later cancellations will be subject to forfeiture of your deposit.
Most reservations and travel plans are made several months in advance. A short cancellation period makes it unlikely we will be able to rent the unit.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- Cleaning: $95 + tax
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Hoolehua at 21 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Molokai Princess at 13 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Murphy's at 7 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Hotel Molokai at 11 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Ironwood Hills at 19 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Hotel Molokai at 11 Miles
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: We live in Mendocino county and work in education and legal agriculture (pears, apples, wine grapes and walnuts). We've raised two daughters here and are looking forward to getting our new grandson Liam over to visit Molokai soon. The photo is of Debra on the heiau behind Wavecrest. Wavecrest is at the far right on the shore. Its a good hike up, starting at the dirt road just west of Kilohana school
Why the Owner Chose Kaunakakai:
We visited Molokai during a three week Christmas holiday in 2001. We were impressed by the friendliness of the family we stayed with and the pace, as we perceived it, of Molokai life. We happened to look in at Wavecrest and took the plunge of buying a vacation home! We come when we can and love to share the place with family and friends.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The resort is on five green, landscaped, waterfront acres. On the grounds you can enjoy a pool with cabana, tennis, two gas barbecues, plenty of room and lounges and tables for just plain relaxing. The pool and cabana are located right on the oceanfront. There is enjoyable walking right out the entrance on the lightly traveled road or trails in the hills to the east of the resort. There are three, three-story, main buildings occupied by mostly seasonal owners. We have never seen full occupancy even in the busy winter season. This is one of the only shores in Hawaii with a barrier reef. The reef keeps the waves down so there is generally calm water in the foreshore with the constantly changing reef break about one-fourth-mile off shore. From late December to April, Humpback whales return to these waters between the islands. They are often seen right off shore.
- Primary: +1 707-490-7478 Debra Attaway cell
- Secondary: +1 707-463-2169 Attaway office
- Tertiary: +1 707-490-7479 John Attaway cell
- Fax: +1 707-463-2169
Our apartment is on the second floor, right side, nearest cabana and pool
Maui view from A-201 Lanai
Garden side bedroom
desk and dining area
kitchen showing window looking out toward cabana and grounds
bathroom with glass tile
Top of the morning
Restored fishpond and Moku Ho'oniki Island (east end)
Waikolu overlook (north side)
Pool and barbeque area
Looking toward cabana from A-201 lanai
Master bedroom - Only two bedroom apartments have ocean front bedrooms.
View from lanai looking inside
Living room looking toward master bedroom
Kitchen and bar
line drawing of Wavecrest
Moa'ula falls - Halawa Valley (east end)
Pu'u Hoku Ranch lands far east end
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, August 30, 2013