Log Cabin Getaway with All the Comforts and Lots of Privacy!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Brevard cabin description
Mom's and Dad's cabin is a traditional two story log cabin with a full length covered front porch. There are 3 bedrooms (one bedroom is in the loft) and two full bathrooms. One bath upstairs and one downstairs. The spacious MBR has a king size bed, his and her closets, and a new wall mounted HDTV with ROKU for streaming your favorite TV shows or movies. A double bed is located in the upstairs loft. The third sleeping area is a small downstairs bedroom with a single bed and large walk-in closet. The kitchen is well equipped with up to date appliances and all the necessary utensils and dishes for preparing and serving meals at home. Wine and martini glasses are provided for those who would like to enjoy a cocktail. The dining room is open to the kitchen. The dining table seats 4 to 6 as viewed in the photo, but can accommodate more when the extension leaves are in place. The den/TV room is warm and cozy and boasts a new 50' HDTV and DVD player for your entertainment pleasure. Wi-Fi is included, and there is no password necessary to access the internet. All new linens and towels are provided and there is a full size washer and dryer downstairs for your convenience. The cabin is approximately 15 minutes from the Frozen Creek entrance to Gorges State Park which you will pass on the way to and from the cabin. Great hiking, beautiful views and waterfalls can be enjoyed at Gorges State Park. The Blue Ridge Parkway can be accessed via Highway 215 and Highway 276. The Smokey Mountains National Park is a two hour drive and beautiful scenery along the way. Dupont State Forest (where The Hunger Games was filmed) has 6 easily accessible waterfalls and swimming.
- 1226 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Video Library:
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Small Game
- Whitewater Rafting
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- The cabin is approximately 15 minutes from The Frozen Creek Road entrance to Gorges State Park which has great hiking and beautiful views and waterfalls. The Blue Ridge Parkway can be accessed via Highway 215 and Highway 276. Smokey Mountains National Park is a two hour drive with beautiful scenery along the way. Lake Toxaway Community Center offers bluegrass music and dinner on Friday nights April-December. All music is local talent and the dance floor is open. The Barn at Lake Toxaway has a fresh market with fresh vegetables, home made pies and breads, and Hunt Brothers Pizza recently added. Pisgah National Forest offers hiking trails, and tours of old forestry homes at the Cradle of Forestry where the first Forest Rangers were trained. Asheville is less than an hour from the cabin and a tour of the Biltmore house is not to be missed any time of year. Maggie Valley, home to the Cataloochee Ski Area is about an hours drive (www.cataloochee.com). For access to the French Broad River go to Champion Park, Rosman, NC. The river begins here and runs north 210 miles to Lake Douglas, Tennessee. The park has paved parking and picnic tables. Directions: From downtown Brevard go South on Broad Street and veer right to get onto US 64 West. Travel 7.8 miles on US 64. Take a left onto US 178 S/Pickens Highway. Travel about .8 miles and turn right onto Chestnut. At the second block turn left onto Main Street – the park is just ahead on the right. The cabin is the perfect place to 'get away from it all' and just relax. But if you are in pursuit of adventure and outdoor activities, you will be impressed with all the offerings and the beautiful location. Trout fishing in the area is some of the best in the country. Hiking trails surround you with 45% of Transylvania County being National or State Forests/Parks. Brevard is also a mecca for cycling enthusiasts. In addition, you will find river rafting, kayaking, swimming, horseback riding, and more waterfalls than you can imagine. Many of the waterfalls are easily accessible. Brevardnc.com is an excellent resource for information about activities, restaurants, shopping, National and State Parks and Forests, as well as, 'special events'. Be sure to check it out! Other nearby towns are Hendersonville where you will find the Mast General Store, and the resort villages of Cashiers and Highlands. All three are less than an hours drive from the cabin and you will find good restaurants and interesting shopping. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We had a great time at this cabin, the location is beautiful, the cabin is nice and cozy, even though was still in renovation. We stayed for three nights and traveled to Biltmore, which is about one hour and a half away from this cabin; our friends and especially our little girls enjoyed exploring this area. We had a great time!
- Guest Rodica G.
- Date of stay 11/28/13
- Review Submitted 12/06/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children.
My husband and I stayed at this cabin right after Christmas to get away from it all. We had a lovely time. This was our first time in this area and there was so much to do. The waterfalls are spectacular. This cabin was perfect. we could not have wanted for anything. The cabin was appointed beautifully and everything was included from kitchen towels, great cooking utensils, laundry to plenty of towels for bath. The bed was extremely comfortable and the surroundings are breath taking. Can't wait to stay again. Thank you for sharing your home with us.
- Guest Doreen (Dundee, FL)
- Date of stay 12/26/12
- Review Submitted 05/23/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, girls getaway, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 10 - Feb 28, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
No smoking indoors
Check In: 3:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM
$85.00 Cleaning Fee
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning: $80 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Tax Rate 11.75%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Asheville Airport from the cabin at 36.8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy. 64 from the cabin at 8.1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Cataloochee Ski Area at Maggie Valley at 63 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Connestee Falls from the cabin at 17 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Square Root, Hob Nob, Marco's, Bracken Bakery at 18 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
- Primary: +1 863-326-9569 Home. This is the best way to reach me.
- Secondary: +1 863-287-7070 Cell
- Tertiary: +1 863-206-7344
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Mom's and Dad's Cabin
Kitchen island and dining area
Outdoor Grill on kitchen deck
Den w/Satellite TV/DVD & Rocketfish for streaming movies and TV via laptop
Master bedroom with king bed, his/her closets, & wall mount satellite TV w/Roku
Sliding Rock, a 60ft. water slide in Pisgah Nat'l Forest, only 22 mi. from cabin
ChristmasWelcome and Merry
Sit awhile and swing
Dining and kitchen
Staircase from kitchen deck to Master Bedroom deck
Den/TV room with new custom made drapes, and all new furnishings.
Stairs to upper level
Double bed in upstairs loft
Downstairs bedroom with twin bed
This beautiful waterfall/wading pool is located on Round Mt. community property
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, December 09, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Home. This is the best way to reach me.
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.