Perfectly Charming 2/2 Bungalow in Historic Decatur
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Atlanta bungalow description
This charming 2/2 Bungalow with professionally landscaped front yard, is in Oakhurst, a neighborhood in the southern tip of Decatur, GA. It's just blocks away from the East Lake golf course and Oakhurst Village (local restaurants, coffee shop, and bars) and is walking distance to downtown Decatur and MARTA's E-W rail line (providing easy access to ATL's major sports venues, Midtown, and Downtown Atlanta). This quaint renovated home is the perfect for a long weekend when attending any Atlanta event or visiting family.
The master bedroom has a private bathroom, the 2nd bedroom is fitted with twin bunk beds, and the living room couch pulls out to a full bed.
There is a small office area off the living room and a breakfast nook off the kitchen. A large, private fenced-in yard gives children and pets room to roam. Off-street parking is available in the driveway and the backyard parking pad. Street parking is also allowed. The home is equipped with central air and heat, has an alarm, Flat Screen LCD TV, HD over-the-air antenna, High Speed Cable WiFi, Netflix, Hulu, AirPlay speakers, and cable TV channels upon request (must give at least 3 weeks notice). Pets may be allowed, please call for details. Extra pet fee will apply.
While here you can walk to our local parks and public swimming pool, walk to the Wylde Gardens. Our neighborhood has a butcher/market, dry cleaner, running shop, bakery, coffee shop, restaurants, bars, and more! Downtown Decatur and Agnes Scott are only a 25 minute stroll away. Saturday morning take a five minute walk to the East Lake Farmer's Market, or twelve minutes to the East Lake YMCA.
The kitchen is fully stocked with anything a cook would need, including a new gas stove (12/12). Condiments are available in the home and the Oakhurst Market is just a walk away to pick up anything you need (including prepared meal items) for a lovely dinner in watching the sunset from the kitchenette or back deck. A gas grill is available for grilling out.
A new HVAC system was installed in April, 2013 so you will remain cool during Hotlanta's summer months.
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Considered:
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Tidy galley kitchen with 5 windows for lots of natural light, view of sunsets & tree-filled back yard. Kitchen is fully stocked w/condiments, Caphalon cookware, Henckles knives, bakingware & more!...moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- This charming, historic 1940's bungalow is absolutely perfect for a long weekend getaway to Atlanta without having to stay in the city. Cars not needed! Oakhurst Village is completely walkable and includes anything you'd need (dry cleaner, grocery, butcher, baker, coffee shop, bakery, dog bakery, dog park, park with playground and tennis, bars, restaurants, and more). For locals, if your in-laws are coming to town, let them stay here for a comfortable, close stay without giving up your bed!...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
- DVD Player:
Pool & Spa
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Theme Parks
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Oakhurst is a historic neighborhood in Decatur, Georgia. It was built in the early 20th Century and is located just six miles east of Atlanta and slightly southwest of the Decatur Square. It's a charming neighborhood with the active, central “Oakhurst Village” where you will find butcher/market, dry cleaner, running shop, bakery, coffee shop, restaurants, bars, and more. The area is accessible by the East Lake MARTA Station on the E-W rail line (providing easy access to ATL's major sports venues, Downtown Decatur, Midtown, and Downtown Atlanta). Oakhurst Village is also home to the former Old Scottish Rite Hospital which is listed on the National Register of Historic places. This historic building currently houses an art gallery, a wine bar, and the Solarium, a community center and event facility, where local neighborhood groups meet. The Oakhurst neighborhood is home to several festivals, BBQ, Blues & Bluegrass Festival, Earth Day, Jazz Nights, and the Oakhurst Arts & Music Festival. Three public parks are within walking distance including Harmony Park (in the Village), McCoy Park (playground, swimming pool, and baseball field), and Oakhurst Park (playground, tennis, and softball field). The Wylde Center, a local green space and community garden, is a short walk past The Village. Downtown Decatur and Agnes Scott College are only a 30 minute walk away (1.9 mi). Once in Decatur, enjoy walking the tree-lined streets to shops, eateries, art galleries, library, recreation center, and businesses. Pedestrian and bicycle access is a top priority for our economic development program. Six different walking tours are available. Saturday morning (9-1) take a five minute stroll to the East Lake Community Learning Garden and buy fresh fare. East Lake Golf Club is just a fifteen minute walk away (1 mile) and is the home course of legendary golfer Bobby Jones and is the oldest golf course in the city of Atlanta. Oakhurst is just 5.4 miles (11 minutes) from Downtown Atlanta, 14 miles (22 minutes) from Lenox Mall in Buckhead, 10 miles (25 minute drive) west of Stone Mountain Theme Park. Six Flags is 16 miles (25 minute drive) southwest of Oakhurst. The Atlanta Botanical Gardens are only 6 miles away (15 minute drive) as is Piedmont Park where visitors can enjoy ice skating (seasonal), swimming, in-line skating, sports, and more....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Cozy house in a great location
Cozy house in a great location
Staying at this house was like staying at the house of a good friend. It was a thousand times better than staying in a hotel and conveniently located close to Decatur and Midtown Atlanta. We spent a lot of time in the Oakhurst area which has lovely shops and restaurants. The house itself is equipped with everything you need - especially the kitchen if you are interested in cooking some meals at home. The bed was very comfortable. In general, we found the space well-equipped and a nice respite on a busy weekend. The owner was attentive to our needs and questions. This listing is very thorough in setting expectations for what the property is like.
- Guest Natalie W.
- Date of stay 07/24/13
- Review Submitted 08/11/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Perfect houseguests! I'm so pleased N. enjoyed their stay here. I welcome their return!
Wonderful GuestsGuest comment entered by owner
Michelle and her husband (and their sweet dogs) were great guests! I was thrilled the area had lots of options for their palates and I hope they will come back to Atlanta soon and visit again.
- Guest Michelle
- Date of stay 05/09/13
- Review Submitted 06/12/13
We absolutely loved our stay at this adorable bungalow in Oakhurst! The home was exactly as described in the listing and we could not have asked for a better location. The neighborhood was super quiet and so beautiful and charming. We enjoyed walking through the neighborhood and marveled at all of the historic homes. There are great restaurants and bars nearby and plenty of dog parks if you are traveling with your pups. The home itself was super clean and very well maintained. Susan, the owner, was super sweet and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. We would definitely stay here again should we be lucky enough to return to Atlanta. As vegans, this area offered so many great places to eat. The nearby Revolution Donuts was one of our favorites, as was Dulce Vegan in nearby Kirkland. We were most surprised to find vegan barbeque in downtown Decatur at the Burnt Fork. The Graveyard Tavern in the East Atlanta Village was worth a visit just for the vegan wings and Village Pizza in Cabbagetown was possibly the best vegan pie we've ever had. The best part of all of this is that none of these restaurants seemed to be more than 2-4 miles away. I would highly recommend this home to anyone wanting to explore east Atlanta and Decatur. Our visit was centered around a concert at Eddie's Attic, which again, was roughly 2 miles away. It really was the perfect spot to stay...
- Guest Michelle E.
- Date of stay 05/09/13
- Review Submitted 06/10/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Decatur Arts Fest/Mem Day
May 23 - May 26, 2014
4 night min stay
|Decatur Book Fest/Labor Day
Aug 29 - Sep 2, 2014
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until rental is confirmed.
Small Pets may be allowed, extra fee applies.
Check-in 4 pm
Check-out 11 am
Additional per person fee applies after the 2nd guest, fee is per person, per night.
Guests must read and sign the rental agreement before booking is complete.
Please let me know if there are any special requests, our goal is to make your stay wonderful!
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee: $75
- 3rd occupant per night: $25
- 4th occupant per night: $25
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- 6th occupant per night: $25
- cleaning: $125
- 5th occupant per night: $25
- Taxes Included
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: ATL at 14.8 Miles
- Nearest Train: East Lake MARTA station at 1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-20 at 7.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: East Lake Golf Course at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Universal Joint at 0.6 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: I am in my mid 40's, and am a single mom to two tween girls. I grew up in Roanoke, VA but have called Metro Atlanta my home for 20+ years. I'm a self-employed Parent Coach, Public Speaker, and Educator. I enjoy travel (especailly every other weekend when I have a reprieve from my parental duties), a good up of coffee (Kavarna uses Dancing Goats roasted beans), and playing tennis. I am working on my yet-to-be-titled book while trying to juggle home and career demands. Even though I don't have a ton of time to spare, I love hanging out with friends (a phone call while walking around my wonderful neighborhood often suffices) and trying new restaurants (there are so many in Decatur I usually don't have to fight traffic to check out the best fare). I'm absolutely in love with my life and a big part of that is living here in the Oakhurst neighborhood of Decatur. Great schools, cool neighbors, great friends, walk ability, and my adorable house :) I hope you enjoy your stay with me and please know I'm committed to helping you do just that!
Why the Owner Chose Atlanta:
The first time I came to Atlanta I stayed in Decatur. I knew I was home. It took me 16 years but I finally found my dream home in my dream neighborhood in Decatur.
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
Just one look and the charm of this 1940s bungalow stole my heart.
- Primary: 404-377-7470
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Entire 1940's Bungalow, 2/2 with fenced back yard, off-street parking.
42' LG TV, Wii, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Apple TV, Airplay speaker, HD local channels
Pull out couch. Full-sized. Sleeps 2.
Kitchen is fully stocked.
View of kitchen from dining area.
View from living area to office area/laundry/2nd bath.
Fireplace with candles provides romantic ambiance.
Master bath view to private full bathroom.
2nd Bedroom with 2 twin bunk beds.
2nd bathroom fully stocked.
View upon entering home.
Sitting Area in living room. The storage cubes house manuals and DVDs.
Kitchen is stocked. New stove and fridge has ice/filtered water dispenser.
Breakfast nook/dining area. Seats 4-6. Leaves fold down.
Office area. WiFi available.
View upon entering Master Bedroom.
Master w/Queen, sunset views, blinds for lazy mornings, partial Midtown view.
Master Bath with plenty of space for toiletries.
2nd Bedroom with plenty of natural light and room for toiletries.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 19, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.