Family Friendly Lakefront Paradise on the Shores of Bc's Warmest Lake!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sproat Lake estate description
Come Experience a 2.5 acre private Paradise on the shores of one of BC's warmest lakes. 27C - 80 F in the summer!
The house is 3 bedrooms and sleeps 8.
You'll find a fully loaded large kitchen thats big enough to cook for several families, lake facing 300 sqft. patio with BBQ, spacious entertainment room, and large den with a fireplace for entertaining or relaxing. You have a large private wharf perfect for hot summer dock days, complete with boat parking, and swimming ladders.
Our location is set perfectly between great consistent flat water for boat sports, the Coulson Flying tankers, Sproat lake provincial park, and the Westbay convenience and liqueur store. All accessible by boat, canoe, or 5 min drive.
We have wifi internet and a TV / entertainment centre.
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Lake View:
- Mountain View:
- Water Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- the lakefront house is located right in the hub of all the action on Vancouver Island. At your doorstep is great wakeboarding, waterskiing, gorgeous hikes to the highest peaks on vancouver island or to easily accessible waterfalls. There is also a provincial park a short 1 mile walk that features ancient First Nations petroglyphs. There is a good local boat rental if you are looking for a ski or touring boat or even a houseboat to head out and tour the lake. On the property we have long wharfs the streatch out from the beach for excellent swimming, tan maintenance, parking the boat or watching the sun come up with a hot cup of coffee. large lawns are a great place for summer games and there is a swing set for the kids as well. Port Alberni is world renown as the Salmon Capital of the pacific. If ocean Salmon fishing is your thing this place is a bucket list destination. During the runs, fly fishing for 30lb Steel head in the local rivers is a unique experience as well. Summer surfing in Tofino is easily accessible for beginners and there are spots most advanced riders will also enjoy. Surfing is only about an hour down the road. Lots of days you can surf a clean morning break, be back on the property for some relaxing dock time and head out for a glassy wakeboard session in the late afternoon. With so much to do its amazing that we spend most of our days just loving life on the property. But when you see this place for the first time, you'll understand its magical draw. There are few places we have ever been that match a hot summer day sitting at the end of the docks at Sproat Lake. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Stay, Nice Cabin!
Great Stay, Nice Cabin!
We rented this cabin for the last week in August this year. Although it rained the entire time, we still had a great time! THe Cabin is well equipped with everything you need and everything was clean and in order when we arrived. Ash, you looks after the place, was very friendly and helpful. The cabin overlooks the lake and has a nice huge deck (covered) where we had all our meals. The Lake itself is beautiful and great for swimming and jumping off the dock.
- Guest arrbarr (Calgary, AB)
- Date of stay 08/24/13
- Review Submitted 09/18/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, people with disabilities, age 55+, girls getaway.
We will be back!
We will be back!
We really enjoyed our stay this summer. Sproat lake is an annual vacation for our crew and we definitely want to book this rental again next year. The place was very clean and spacious. It had everything we needed for a relaxing vacation. The back deck is fantastic and has a full view of the lake which was perfect for our morning coffee and evening BBQ's. The back yard is huge and great place for kids to play.The dock is a great size and is where we spent most of our daylight hours. Definitely no complaints from us. Thank you for everything! Pam
- Guest Pam & Carey (Nanaimo)
- Date of stay 07/21/13
- Review Submitted 08/06/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thanks for staying with us and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay.See you next summer! M
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Apr 1 - Jun 30
2 night min stay
Jul 1 - Aug 31
7 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 30
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
50% deposit is due 60 days in advance and full payment 30days prior to your stay. Reservations are guaranteed at the time of deposit. If you are unable to make your stay we are happy to apply your deposit towards your stay at a later date. We accept cheque, credit card, wire transfers as well as email money transfers from Canadian Guests
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Courtney Comox at 113 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Nanaimo at 85 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 4 at 800 Metres
- Nearest Beach: You're there! at 5 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Westbay at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Mt Washington at 113 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Cherry Creek at 20 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: I grew up in Calgary, Alberta and, Like any calgarian then, in the mountains, on the rivers and in the snow. Growing up here was all about being outside with your friends. I was fortunate enough to spend my summers on a lake in northern alberta with my family. It made me want to create the same kind of place for my family and friends and now I have that opportunity. Professionally, I'm an advertising and portrait photographer. We split out time ,living in Asia and Canada with other adventures making up our year.
Why the Owner Chose Sproat Lake:
Sproat lake has been part of my wife's family life for more than twenty years, and thankfully mine for the last 12. Our family has a large property where we have spent our summers falling in love with everything this magical part of the world has to offer. We had always dreamed of owning one of the properties next door, scarcely believing it would ever become a reality, especially this one. Last year our dream came true when we were able to purchase our dream from a good friend and neighbour. This is really the perfect spot. Easy access, uncrowded, there is a picture perfect stream that runs through the back of our dream lot. Holly, huge pacific cedars, a well maintained large house, and of course, in our opinion, the most beautiful lake we could find.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
When I'm not there, I miss evenings having family dinners on the 300 sqft. patio, looking out at the sunset sky. We love our summer days out on the long wharfs over calm water. There are huge window in the living room and den that look out over the lake. The windows allow the lake to be part of every minute spent here. Watching the kids and their friends play on the open lawns, the stream that cuts through the back, theres no place like it.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013
3 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.