Above the Tickle, Rated 4.5 Stars by Canada Select
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Twillingate house description
Above the Tickle is a recently renovated merchant home in the centre of Twillingate, just above the Tickle Bridge that joins the north and south islands.
It has three bedrooms and comfortably sleeps 6 adults.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View:
- Ocean View:
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Pier Fishing
- Whale Watching
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Twillingate is a wonderfully charming island community located on Newfoundland's northeast coast, just at the entrance to Notre Dame Bay. It is one of Newfoundland's oldest seaports and during the 1800's was the most active and prosperous community in northeastern Newfoundland. Iceberg Capital of the World Known as the iceberg capital of the world, Twillingate is a prime spot for viewing giant icebergs between May and July each year. Daily boat tours will make this a close encounter and a photographer’s delight. Islands Connected by Bridges Twillingate is an island off the coast of Newfoundland off the coast of Canada. Today it is connected to Newfoundland by a series of bridges and causeways, creating one of the province’s most scenic routes. The town is about 100 kilometers north of Lewisporte and Gander. From Cod Community to Tourism Town This town of about 2,500 people once thrived on the cod fishery. Since the cod moratorium in 1992 tourism has become one of the main industries of Twillingate’s economy. A visit to this breathtaking spot will quickly confirm why: unspoiled hiking and walking trails, the famous summer Fish Fun and Folk Festival, concerts and theatre, picturesque coves, inlets, beaches, fishing flakes and stages, warm and friendly people and late summer and early fall berry picking all create a wonderful holiday experience. Ancient Beothuk Roots Archeological discoveries confirm that Twillingate and the region were home to the now extinct native Beothuk nation and relics can be viewed at the Twillingate Museum, the Beothuk Interpretation Centre and, if you know what to look for, along the beaches and coastline that was once home to the ancestors of Shawnadithit and Mary March. Communities and Amenities Twillingate include two municipalities, the Town of Twillingate and the Town of Crow Head. Twillingate has a fish plant, hospital, fire department, stadium, swimming pool, marine service centre, trailer park and campground, hardware store, clothing store, liquor store, winery, seniors home, two banks, schools, super markets, two pharmacies, three boat tours, garages, seven churches, hiking trails and several convenience stores. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Oct 1 - Oct 31
3 night min stay
May 1 - May 31
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
In order to provide all our guests with a comfortable vacation, we adhere to the following terms and conditions:
Arrival at 3:30 pm or later. Notify of late arrival.
Check-out no later than 11 am.
50% of cost payable upon reservation.
50% of cost payabe 60 days prior to arrival.
We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express
Cancellation up to 60 days before arrival, full refund less $25 admin fee.
Cancellation 59 to 7 days before arrival, 50% refund.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Based on double occupancy
$15 per person per day, if more than 2 adults
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Gander Airport at 108 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Ferry to Changes Islands and Fogo Island at 55 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Trans Canada Highway at 108 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Beach by Shoal Tickle at 0.25 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Captain's Pub at 1.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Georgie's Restaurant at 2 Kilometres
Above the Tickle is a renovated traditional saltbox home blending old and new.
A typical english garden with rose brushes in bloom
A very comfortable place to lay your head an the end of a day of exploring
Spacious living area with electric fireplace.
Separate dining room with seating for six
Main upstairs bathroom.
Traditional small boat called a dory on Back Harbour beach
Iceberg seen during a boat tour around the coastline of Twillingate
Twillingate offers a lot of options for the adventurous spirit.
Relaxing on the deck and watching the little boats pass under Tickle Bridge
Cozy and comfortable room with double bed
Large kitchen with everything you need during your stay
Dining room buffet with dishes to serve any meal
Fishing boat with iceberg in the background at the Durrell marina
Beach in Durrell in early spring
Beautiful summer sunset in Sleepy Cove, Twillingate
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013