Unforgettable Beach Cliff Home with Panoramic Ocean Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
El Sunzal house description
“Casa Los Riscos” is a home retreat located in an amazing and unforgettable setting, in the middle of El Salvador’s West Coast--the country’s most popular tourist destination. Nestled inside the secure, gated community of “Xanadu”, “Casa Los Riscos” is perched high atop a cliff with breathtaking views! Here the ocean and sky become one spectacular panorama with birds playfully soaring at eye level. Against this dramatic backdrop, a stunning Polynesian-styled wood deck reaches out to the sky. Beside this deck, a pool, jacuzzi, hammocks and lounge chairs all await your pleasure. Complementing this lovely setting is a lush terraced garden and a greenbelt of mature native trees. Imagine yourself sitting on this beautiful deck enjoying an 'Al Fresco' meal of freshly caught seafood…...a refreshing breeze blows in as the sights and sounds of the Pacific Ocean serenade all your senses! No wonder the Mayans called this part of El Salvador “Cuscatlan”, “The Land of Precious Things”.
Our home has been renovated to provide guests a spacious, gracious retreat. The colorful, sophisticated décor blends architectural design with elements of El Salvador’s Mayan culture. The main house features a large master bedroom with a private bathroom, plus two other bedrooms and a second bathroom. There is a well-appointed indoor living & dining room space, a fully equipped kitchen, laundry / maid quarters, and an outdoor covered porch overlooking the pool and gardens. A detached ocean-view bedroom with two bunk beds and a private bathroom is located below the pool deck. To top it off, this private community offers members and guests a secluded pearl-sand swimming beach, a large swimming pool and an adjacent community picnic area, all within a 5-minute walk or drive.
“Casa Los Riscos” is centrally located and we encourage our guests to venture out to explore the many points of interest nearby, some just minutes from the property, none more than a few hours away. Several dining options are just outside the community. Enjoy taking a variety of day trips: to the mountain coffee towns of Apaneca, Ataco & Juayua (Ruta de las Flores); to the modern city of San Salvador (about one hour away) for shopping and entertainment; or to the local fisherman’s wharf in the port of La Libertad. Additional adventures include a national parks system with majestic volcanoes and forests to tour, as well as many other scenic sights and cultural events. Finally, let's not forget the surfing El Salvador is known for! “Casa Los Riscos” is next door to some of the best Surf Central America has to offer. In places like El Tunco, El Sunzal, Punta Roca and El Zonte, the epic surf waves at any of these popular locations will make for some awesome entertainment. So, whether you are a surfer looking for action, a family looking for a magical cultural experience or just wanting to get a away and relax in the sun and ocean, this retreat can offer you a vacation filled with memories that will last a life time!!!
- 3000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Young and old are all welcomed. but, because of the terraced profile of the property, special precaution should be taken - not to leave small toddlers unattended. For the vary elderly the many terraces and stairs may be taxing and, therefore, not recommended. On the other hand, because of the unique design of the terraced spaces of this retreat, the house manages to provide such spectacular views from so many different angles. The different deck levels actually act as small rooms where different groups from young children and teenagers to parents and grandparents can gather separately, or, as larger groups according to their particular interest and activities. ...moreless
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 11
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Round dining-room table w/6 chairs, breakfast bar w/2 Stools (main house). Dining on main house terrace w/ ample sitting (optional). Spectacular dining setting at the Polynesian deck -12 plus people ...moreless
There is a large supermarket (“Super Selectos”) at La Libertad with a full line of supplies. Fresh Seafood also available at La Libertad. A small grocery store just minutes away at Playa El Tunco ...moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker
One (1) housekeeping service per week (Middle of wk) for stays of one week or longer. Service includes general cleaning / fixing of beds. Stays longer than one week include bedding sheet changes...moreless
- Air Conditioning:
- Towels Provided:
- This property is located in a private gated community with 24/7 security. It's close proximity to some of the best surf spots and many of the other top tourist destinations in El Salvador; makes this an ideal home base to fan out from. In fact, the house is only around 4 miles from the popular surf & entertainment spot of Punta Roca; about 15 minutes drive to the port town of La Libertad; 1/2 mile from playa El Zunsal and about 3 miles East from the surf village of El Zonte. The “Comalapa International Airport” is only 45 minutes away. In terms of it's natural appeal, the entire community is surrounded by many tropical gardens, a winter creek and a number of small trails. The uncrowded pearl sand beach at the bottom of the cliff is a true jewel!!! Finally, there are several excellent restaurants (with seafood, international, and typical Salvadorian menus offered) immediately outside Xanadu - none more than a few minutes away - with several of these dining places offer food catering....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
Property rental includes access to a community pool & picnic area next to the beach. There are several covered porches, cloth changing area & bathrooms. All surrounded by lush tropical gardens....moreless
Lawn / Garden:
Outdoor hammocks provided throughout. Additional chairs at the pool deck, picnic tables and several chairs. There is also a beautiful green belt and an expansive view deck around the pool. ...moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Massage Therapist
- Horseback Riding
- Pier Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Rental of this property Includes access & full use of community picnic area which has several covered porches (w/ tables & benches), clothing changing areas, bathrooms and a large swimming pool with views of the ocean. These fun community amenities are located immediately adjacent to the club's own secluded volcanic sand beach. This beautiful flat swimming beach is without a doubt one of the best things about this property. With the water temperature perennially around 71 to 74 F and a sparsely populated setting; there aren't too many places left where a traveler can enjoy warm water, amazing natural beauty and peace and quiet, all at the same time!!! As you make your way back to the community areas; after an early morning swim, you are met by the lush gardens and green lawn areas. Here you can rest your bones a bit after your swim, or, simply dry up under the warm sun rays. As you walk back to 'Casa Los Riscos' you will notice that the entire community is surrounded by many tropical gardens and a number of small trails. Most of the owners in this community only come during the weekends. This means that during the week, not only do you have the place mostly to yourself, but the peace and quiet of the place is very relaxing. However, just in case you are interested in more action, do not worry, plenty restaurants are just outside Xanadu. One of these, Beto's, is actually just about two blocks away from the community's main entrance. So you can even walk there if yo prefer. A really fun place, close to the House is the beach community of El Tunco. Here you can add bars, hostels, surfshops & other fun retail stores to a small mix of restaurants and nightclubs. El Tunco sports a lively scene throughout the day, but it really comes alive at night with a joyous mix of Beach Party and night club atmosphere. A bit further out, but still less than a 20 minute car drive away, is the Port town of La Libertad. Here you may restock on supplies at one of the two 'Supermercados Selectos' with a full line of products, from personal hygiene and drinks to all you need to cook a great meal, including fresh fruits and vegetables. If you are a more adventurous cook, you may want to take a look at the main fisherman's pier for a full assortment of fresh seafood. This is also the location where most of the international Surf competitions held in El Salvador take place. Check-out the outdoor amphitheater for a any upcoming surf tournaments, festivals, or music concerts. A longer trip, but still only about 1 hour away from the house is the Capital City of San Salvador. Coming from the direction of the house you will first see a group of large modern shopping malls ('Galerias' and 'La Gran Via') as you enter the city. These are good places to watch a movie, do some upscale shopping, or even visit a number of good restaurants. Also here, a recently opened Starbucks at la Gran Via. Also, if you have a need, the US embassy is around this area of the city. As you venture further into the city you will see a number of other points of interest, just keep in mind that traffic will start to get much heavier at this point. A good travel book guide is recommended as you look for additional tourist and sightseeing options. The Western part of El Salvador, the side of the country where 'Casa Los Riscos' is located, boosts many other great tourist destinations. From many small Coffee Mountain Towns in the Departamentos de 'Sonzonate y Ahuachapan', to the great Neo-gothic cathedral in the City of Santa Ana. Additionally, national parks such as 'El Cerro Verde',' Parque El Impossible' and 'Parque El Trifinio (Parque de la Democracia)' are all on this side of the country and not very far away. Nonetheless, it is worth mentioning that, since El Salvador is such a small compact county, its roads and infrastructure so well developed, traveling to the Eastern, or, the Northern parts of the country, are very convenient tourist propositions. So, if you really want to get to know more of the country, places like La Palma, Berlin, San Miguel, or other cities, or, if you have an interest in the Pre-columbian Maya-Pipil culture, we encourage you to strike out from your spectacular Home base. The are also some very impressive Mayas / Pipil ruins not too far away. San Andres, El Tazumal and Joyas De Ceren (a world heritage site and the Central American version of Pompey) are great easy to get to day tours. Finally it is also worth noting that the house has a convenient transportation connection with the very popular destination of Antigua, Guatemala. Surf buses travel daily between the City of La Antigua and El Zonte (Xanadu - via a previous arrangement) and El Tunco. this small buses do a good job shuttling tourist back and forth between these locations and the trip only takes 4-1/2 to 5 hours. So, if you want to travel to or from Antigua, we can put you in touch w/ an operator and even help you get a full tour package...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We had a wonderful stay at the house. The home has everything you can ask for, relaxing pool and hammocks, Great view of the beautiful ocean, many little areas around the home to sit relax and read a book. As well the home was very clean and beautifully designed. Definatly a great place to spend a weekend or even a week! Highly recommended.
- Guest Gilad&maya (Israel)
- Date of stay 10/09/13
- Review Submitted 10/15/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
|Peak Season Rates
Nov 1 - Apr 30
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
|X-mas & New Year
Dec 20 - Jan 2, 2014
14 night min stay
Apr 12 - Apr 19, 2014
8 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
For rentals longer than 1 (one) week: Add $50.00 for weekly cleaning service (cleaning to be done in the middle of the week).
A $500.00 security deposit will be applied to the credit card account - upon start of the rental. The deposit will be credited back to the guest's credit card account - following departure and acceptance of the house in good condition (by the property manager)
A "non-refundable" 50% deposit is required for booking the property. Upon arrival to the property the balance will be charged to the credit card account.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice. Also, reservations are not confirm until a deposit payment has been made.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Price includes all taxes.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Comalapa International Airport at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: El Sunzal & El Tunco at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Beto's at 0.02 Kilometres
- Primary: (425) 440-9873 Prefer an e-mail as a first form of inquiry
- Secondary: +1 (425) 298-8502
- Tertiary: +1 (206) 380-2309
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Private Pool Deck, Gardens and Surrounding Greenbelt
Main house dining room & kitchen in the backgrown
Living room & dinning room
Main house terrace
Queen bed @ master bedroom
View from the top of the cliff / property's edge
Pool deck @ sunset time
View of main house & terrace
Fresh-cut flowers from our gardens - house entrance area
Xanadu beach sunset
Panoramic view of beach and nearby restaurants
Secluded private beach
Spectacular sunsets @ Polynesian deck abound
Corridor & 2nd bathroom
Pool & ocean view from the main house terrace
Surfing @ El Zonte (only 10 minutes away)
Bunk bedroom apartment
Master bedroom private bath
Panoramic view from the edge of the pool deck
Xanadu beach @ low tie
Surfing fun @ El Sunzal
Polynesian deck in the early morning
Fresh oyster feast - caught @ bottom of our cliff by a local fisherman
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, October 19, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.