Swim on Inn to Our Beachfront Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Plantation house description
Brand new to the rental market. A beautiful beach house in a breath-taking gated community.
Feel like you've stepped back in time as you drive through Apalachicola with its quaint shops, restaurants, and shrimp/oyster boats. There's lots to see and do (and eat!) in this historic fishing town. Next, head across two loooong bridges, over some of the best oyster beds in the world, taking you further out into the gulf. As you approach St. George Island, the historic lighthouse and museum grow on the horizon to greet you. The island offers a pristine state park on the east end, a nice town center with a few restaurants, and the plantation gated-community on the west end. You'll immediately see the striking white sand beaches on the gulf and remarkable marsh-scapes on the bay side. Your home-away-from-home is west. After stopping to check-in at the gate, drive in and welcome the quiet serenity and peace as you drive through the beautiful landscape of The Plantation - winding around tennis courts, swimming pools, bike paths, and a private airport runway. Your destination is amidst beautiful homes on acre lots, at the end of a quiet street, surrounded by sand dunes. You're excitement grows as you realize you are not staying next to the beach, but on the beach! A tropically land-scaped acre of heavenly beachfront property plus a beautiful luxury 4-bedroom home to spoil you and your family.
Swim on Inn has 2 King beds, 1 Queen, 2 Twin bunk beds and a twin day bed in 4 spacious bedrooms.
Cooks will be delighted with the wonderfully outfitted kitchen. And with 2 separate living areas, everyone will have plenty of room to spread out and enjoy their beach vacation.
Decks on every level of the house, each with an inspiring view of the white sand and clear water, and a ground floor deck with gazebo. Start watching for the dolphins, sea turtles, and your other marine neighbors.
No condos, no crowds, just you and a picturesque slice of nature.
By the time you arrive, you will feel the stress melt away. So much to do... or so little... your choice. Swim on Inn - and enjoy your vacation!
- 3480 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Security deposit required for use
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 11-12
- The Master Bedroom encompasses the entire 3rd floor of the home. It has its own private balcony, bath with jetted tub and sitting/office area. The first floor of the home has the other 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and a living area. One of the bedrooms is a second Master with a king size bed, its own private bath and access to a deck with views of the gulf. The other two bedrooms include a bedroom with a queen bed with access to the deck facing the gulf and a bedroom with a pair of bunk beds at the front of the home....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
The kitchen is well appointed for your cooking pleasure. Included with the basics, you will also find a crock pot, blender, mixer and electric skillet. Dish soap, sponge and dish towels included....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Child's Highchair
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Washing Machine:
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fitness Center
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Things to do: Beach it! Look for shells. Grab a fishing rod and reel in your dinner. Visit the beautiful St. George Island Lighthouse. Bicycling/Walking - The island has miles of paved bike paths. Bird watching...all year long. Launch a kayak or stand-up paddle board into either the Bay or Gulf. Rent a wave runner and zip across the gulf. Museums - Franklin County has museums spread out all across the county. Photography - The island is a photographer's paradise with a stunning shot around every corner...not to mention lots of shots of your family having fun! Look up at the stars - without all the bright lights at night, you might just spy a falling star. State Park - Spend the day at Julian G. Bruce State Park on the east end of the island. Apalachicola - View the historic homes, wander through the shops...and be sure to eat some of the best tasting oysters on the Gulf. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
.................................................................................. High Season (May - Aug, Dec 22 - Jan 4) .......... $4725 for up to 12 guests. Mid Season (Sept - Dec 21) (Mar - Apr) .......... $3725 for up to 12 guests. Low Season (Jan 5 - Feb 28) .......... $2725 for up to 12 guests. .................................................................................. Typical rental is Sat-Sat. Rates above do not reflect Fl. tax of 9% and refundable security deposit of $325.00. Owner rented property, so contact us and let's see if we can make it work.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Tallahassee or Panama City at 75 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: My husband has lived in several places throughout the U.S. He attended college at both Georgia Tech and the University of Texas in Austin (Go Yellow Jackets and Longhorns!!) I have lived throughout the U.S., England and Indonesia. I am extremely proud to have served in the U.S. Marine Corps! We have three children between us and 2 grandchildren. Our oldest daughter lives just down the street from us with her husband and daughter, our second son is serving our country in the U.S. Air Force and lives with his family in Louisiana and our youngest son still lives at home and is just getting ready to start high school.
Why the Owner Chose Plantation:
Our family has always loved the beach. We love those little unique spots...the quiet and the laid back. St. George is just that type of island. With its miles of walking and bicycle paths, beautiful sand beaches and lack of high rises and bumper-to-bumper traffic...we knew this was The place for us! We have found the island is truly a place to slow down from our very hectic lives and spend quality time with our family and friends. We feel truly blessed to have found our home on the island and we hope you find the peace and serenity we do when you visit our home away from home.
Links to more information:
Swim On Inn...A View of our home from the beach
Another view of Swim On Inn from the driveway
Screened in deck with table and chairs to enjoy outdoor dining.
Main Living Level
Second Master, Beach View with deck
New Club house with lap pool and workout room
Saint George Island Lighthouse and Museum. Don't miss. Climb up and look out.
Front of house as viewed from the driveway
Imagine sitting here.....hearing the waves...smelling the salty air
The deck off the main living level
The private deck off the Master Bedroom...Romantic place to watch the sun set
Second Living Area with deck access
Several tennis courts to enjoy. This one located next to the Club House.
Fishing boats at the pier in Apalachicola
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 08, 2013
4 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.